Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hershey,PA

Default Re: Hershey,PA

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    EV~ It's worth a try but Im pretty sure they're so structured and at least Don is such a perfectionist that they probably wont stray from the set list unless previously agreed upon. I am also pretty sure Joe wont do The Bomber *G* altho I really like the suggestion. He said in a recent interview that The Bomber used to be a very off color nickname for him. A sign with that written on it might not only be ignored by the guys, but Smokey might be paying you a visit! (YIKES!) But you might try something they havent done in a while! Good Luck! and let us know what happens!
    The structured-ness is what might put the "kibosh" on this. That's why I think it'll take a bunch of witchy women at a bunch of different shows to weave a spell on them. I don't know, maybe they'll learn to be free, and just do it!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its a nice idea for sure and a daring one, but I couldn't really see them doing it. IMHO they seem to prefer using a tight and well rehearsed routine. The other thing is that I imagine it would be harder for a 4 membered band to be spontaneous compared to a single performer.

Still, worth a try!! Good luck to anyone going!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Its a nice idea for sure and a daring one, but I couldn't really see them doing it. IMHO they seem to prefer using a tight and well rehearsed routine. The other thing is that I imagine it would be harder for a 4 membered band to be spontaneous compared to a single performer.

Still, worth a try!! Good luck to anyone going!!
    Actually, Bruce's E-Street Band consists of 8 additional musicians, most of whom have been with him since the early 70's (with a temporary hiatus some years back.) They have always played the crowds with somewhat differing setlists nightly; but the last half of the Magic tour was when the sign request thing started and then took off.

Wow.. Glenn, Don, Tim and Joey and CHOCOLATE!! *G* what more could a girl want??? *G*
    Sounds like heaven to me!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Wow.. Glenn, Don, Tim and Joey and CHOCOLATE!! *G* what more could a girl want??? *G*
    Are they eating it or covered in it? Just wondering!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Well.. you know ME! I was kind of figuring THEY were covered in it and *I* was eating it... *G* but then maybe *IM* covered in it too!! ..hmm.. OH what the heck... CHOCOLATE ON EVERYBODY!! (I think we need to combine this with the whole everybody on the bed thing in the other thread.. )

Wow, what a great ticket EV! I know you'll have a great time. Hopefully you can unload the other one to have more money for memorabilia.

Regarding the sign idea - an issue that might come up is their very choreographed visuals and lighting. If they did do some kind of extra song, it would probably have to be tacked on to the end or something, perhaps lit like the band intros where you can see the whole stage. I'm not sure they'd be gung-ho about going to the extra trouble.

Also, they might be worried that they'd embarrass themselves by not hitting the right notes vocally. We fans wouldn't care, but I have a feeling they care a LOT about looking as perfect as possible. I've read that "back in the day," when Randy didn't want to do Take It To The Limit because he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to hit all the notes, Glenn told him, "Fans don't care if you miss some notes. They just want to hear the song. Now go out there and sing it!"

I don't think that's their attitude anymore... and it's understandable. They get a lot of criticism from people who are always trying to claim they've vocally not as strong as they used to be. If you miss notes, your self-esteem takes a hit, and you start wondering if maybe the critics are right. I think that's why New Kid in Town and You Belong to the City were dropped despite the fact that both were big hits and YBTTC was the only Glenn solo song they did; I think Glenn was worried that he wouldn't be able to consistently sing the songs perfectly in their original key. Now, I wish they'd do the Take It to the Limit trick and lower the key so we could get YBTTC back but I guess they have their reasons for not doing it.

If you do decide to go the sign-route, I'd say pick a moment when they're looking your way and hold it up once. If you do it a lot, you might annoy them and the people behind you. JMHO.

Sorry to be such a downer!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I did take a couple signs to the St. Louis show and was careful about not holding them up too long. I got a smile from someone each time.

I don't know if the song request sign would work, but ya never know! It certainly can't hurt if you are respectful of people behind you.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

What did your signs say?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It's all right here evet. Scroll to the second post.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...?t=1043&page=3

The other one said "OH YEAH!"
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten