Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time Has Brought Us Here To Share These Moments

Default Re: Time Has Brought Us Here To Share These Moments

When I went to Sacramento, I wore a white Arab-looking long top over magenta pants. Nobody saw it, though!

~

I plan to wear the Strange Weather t-shirt I made. I am definitely not tank top material!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Out on the Border

A moment I will never forget was at the Hell Freezes Over concert in Melbourne in 1994. Joe Walsh was singing 'Ordinary Average Guy' and he and Glenn were bantering back and forth during it. Joe already had a balloon animal hat on, and the banter between he and Glenn showed that they are obviously good friends. When Joe sang 'I've got a Chrysler' he changed the next line to 'Glenn's got a Dodge'! He also sang 'average ex-wives' instead of 'average wives'. I've always been a huge Glenn fan and this just made me love him all the more, because he and Joe were obviously having such a great time!

I really, really wanted to go to their Farewell Tour, but my husband and I just couldn't afford it, besides neither of us was physically capable of going to a concert. I was sooooo happy when they made the DVD of one of their Melbourne concerts, and I have just purchased that DVD today Looking forward to it arriving now!!
    The highway to freedom is when you start believin'

Quote Originally Posted by pengfree View Post
    A moment I will never forget was at the Hell Freezes Over concert in Melbourne in 1994. Joe Walsh was singing 'Ordinary Average Guy' and he and Glenn were bantering back and forth during it. Joe already had a balloon animal hat on, and the banter between he and Glenn showed that they are obviously good friends. When Joe sang 'I've got a Chrysler' he changed the next line to 'Glenn's got a Dodge'! He also sang 'average ex-wives' instead of 'average wives'. I've always been a huge Glenn fan and this just made me love him all the more, because he and Joe were obviously having such a great time!

I really, really wanted to go to their Farewell Tour, but my husband and I just couldn't afford it, besides neither of us was physically capable of going to a concert. I was sooooo happy when they made the DVD of one of their Melbourne concerts, and I have just purchased that DVD today Looking forward to it arriving now!!
    Glad you got to see them on the HFO tour in '94.

You are going to LOVE the Farewell 1 concert. We have a thread somewhere on that one to share your thoughts... pretty please?

Not sure if the link will work, but it's under the "Eagles" heading and is titled "Favorite moments from Farewell 1".
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=684
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome PF! Thanks for resurrecting this thread. In over 4 and a half years on the Border I never knew it existed. But now that I do........

...... I just might have a few little memories to add myself!

I tend to wear Eagles t-shirts and jeans to the outdoor gigs, but I go a bit more 'dressy' for the indoor ones. With the exception of one gig in Fallsview where I wore my 'I got Frey'd' top with Jeans.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome pf! Have fun watching the dvd. You are going to love it!

Ga, love your av with the sign! I have a pic very similar when I sent to the Columbia show a couple years ago only it said I love the Eagles!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    2nd row? Wow! It does sound like a great moment.

My favorite moment during a live concert (the only one I've attended) was also during Take It to the Limit. I went to Sacramento not expecting to attract Glenn's attention. I am a plain girl and I was sitting fourth row. However, during TITTL, which is my favorite song, I just went nuts. I was singing my heart out to it, waving my fist in the air, stomping. "PUT ME ON A HIGHWAY! SHOW ME A SIGN! And TAKE IT! to the LIMIT! ONE MORE TIME!" I was almost euphoric. And it was at that moment where I was most feeling it that I got some eye contact, which made it all the more special for me.
    Wow, you know this thread is old because when it was started, I had only seen one Eagles show! I've made up for a lot of lost time in the past five years, lol.

You know, it's funny - to this day, "Take It to the Limit" often seems to be a song when special things happen. Most recently, it was during this song on the first night in Niagara Falls when Glenn mouthed at us "I knew you'd be here!"

A bonus for me is that it's my favorite song of all time!

pengfree, thanks for sharing your story!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Brooke! That sign was my 'One Moment In Time'

Nancy! You sure have made up. And how nice of Glennto acknowledge your presence during what he knows is your favourite Eagles song.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome pf and you are so lucky to have seen a HFO show. To this day, it is one of my deepest regrets that I didn't get to see one of these because I believe this was when the band was in its prime. However, I have sorta made up for it cause I have a few shows under my belt as well since 2003. And it is kinda funny about TITTL because Glenn also acknowledged me during the song at the Washington, D.C. show. Maybe he knows how much we like it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Those of us who have been lucky enough to see Glenn live would alll have their special memories of what it was like. One of my favourite moments was in Sydney on December 4 2004. Before TITTL he said 'it's a lot of fun for me to sing'. I nearly fell out of the seat because I love hearing him talk about his singing. It was nice. Remember I was in the 2nd row that night which made it even better.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

I had completely forgotten about that.

Of course there were a couple of 'moments' last month which were worth remembering.