Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Story

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: The Long Story

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    OO Lisa! we're thinking on the same wave length! I just had an idea for a city slicker coming to town.. hmm...

His name was Don......F*****
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Mean while, back at the Ranch... *G*

Willie wasnt quite sure where to settle her few things. The Bunkhouse was full of noise and dangerous boys, the other Ranch Hands and they were thrilled to see her coming! Thankfully for Willie's sake, Tim was with her. One mean glare from him and the sight of his still warm ax strapped to his back and the surly ranch hands mellowed out quickly. Tim and Willie explored the ranch house till they found a small bedroom off the back with a separate entrance so Willie would have a little privacy.
    "Im pretty sure this is where Frank would want you to stay." Tim looked around the small but comfortable room.
    Willie settled her few things in their places. Her clothes in the drawers, a picture of her father on the dresser and a small bottle of perfume on the dresser top.
    She smiled at Tim. "I dont wear it often, but it was a gift from my father the year before he died. It's the same thing my mother used to wear. I dont remember a lot about Mom, but I do remember how she smelled and, when I feel sad or lonely, I put a little of this on and it feels like she's here with me."
    Tim picked up the small bottle. "Well, as long as you dont wear it when you're working with that rowdy bunch of Desperados out there. You'd never get away untouched!" Tim took the lid off the bottle and sniffed it warily. He smiled. "thats nice.."
    "Chanel number 5. It's kind of expensive. I was surprised my Dad bought it. We never had much money but he said I was a beautiful lady and beautiful ladies should all smell like this."
    Tim walked to Willie. He touched his finger to the top of the bottle and trailed his finger tip down Willie's neck just behind her ear. He leaned in close and smelled her. She felt his hair brush against her cheek. She could smell him, her perfume, the wind in his hair. She felt just a little dizzy.
    "He was right." Tim trailed tiny kisses down her neck. She gasped and held on to him to keep from falling over.
    He returned the cap to the bottle and replaced it on the dresser. He opened the bottom dresser drawer and pulled out some fresh sheets and blankets.
    "Come on, I'll help you make the bed." Tim grinned at Willie, and they made the bed.

I dont know how much time I'll have today to write. I PROMISE Almanzo and Danielle will be back as will Don and Glenn and Lisa and Sheriff Soda.. *G* And who knows who else might show up (I think there may be a nuclear waist dump somewhere near Eaglesville as there seems to be no END to the twins, triplets, quadruplets etc.. happening here *G* and ALL Identical!! (or are they?))

I've got some plans for the story, but Im gonna be kind of busy for the next few days *G* I'll try and add some chapters but they may be short. (but very exciting!! changes are comin to Eaglesville!) Anyhow, I'll see what I can do later

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Tim walked to Willie. He touched his finger to the top of the bottle and trailed his finger tip down Willie's neck just behind her ear. He leaned in close and smelled her. She felt his hair brush against her cheek. She could smell him,
    OMG--
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hmm.. ok.. lets shake things up a bit.

Brooke caught her breath and finished her water. She was obviously to exhausted to make her way back to her home on her own.
    "why dont I give you a ride back to your place?" Joe grinned that grin at Brooke. Funny how much that grin did NOT effect me the same when it was aimed at someone else. In fact, it had nearly the opposite effect.
    "Ahem. In what? you 18 wheeler?" I sniped.
    Joe blinked back at me. "Oh right!" he smiled apologetically. Stood and put his arm around me. I glared. He hugged me and kissed my cheek. Ok, Im a sucker. I fell for it.
    Brooke didnt seem to notice too much. She looked like she could use a nap. "You look like you could use a nap!" I said "and maybe some freshening up?" I told her she was welcome to use my room at the Last Resort. She smiled thankfully, and I took her across the parking lot to the Last Resort.
    EV's car was gone and Glenn was behind the front desk. He was clean and fresh and smelled of Paco Raban. The broken Champaign bottle was cleaned up and the only tell-tale sign of the earlier torrent was a large darkening stain against the wall at the end of the corridor. A fresh bottle of pink champaign chilled in the lobby and the mirrors on the ceiling looked clean and shiny.
    "how's he do that?" I wondered to myself.
    I showed Brooke to my room and let her shower and freshen up. The bed had been made and the sheets were fresh and clean. Even the sticky gunk that had coated the top of the dresser was gone and the bathtub was spotless.
    "Wow! what happened in here?" I wondered allowed.
    "Excuse me?" Brooke looked questioningly at me.
    "Oh, uh, well, before, when I checked in, this place was filthy! now it looks as if a cleaning crew had been through here!" I was looking for dust above the kitten picture. nothing.
    Brooke shrugged her shoulders and said "Maybe he hired a new housekeeper?"
    "must have.." I half stated as Brooke made her way into the now spotless bathroom.
    I went into the corridore to find a phone. I thought I might call over to the Sad Cafe and see how Joe was doing holding down the place on his own. The truth was, I missed him. I hated that about myself. I hadnt known the man for a full 24 hrs. I had just been kicked to the curb by my ex and already I had slept with him and was missing him after just a few minutes apart! Black clouds descended down over my aspect and my mood went dark.
    Glenn was in the lobby and I asked to use the phone. he pointed to one on the wall. Pay phone, of course. I grumbled.
    The number for the Sad Cafe was written on the wall next to the phone. I called and Joe's voice echo'd through the line. Immediately my mood lightened, then I mentally kicked myself for being a rock of jello.
    "Hey," I said. "So, how's it going over there?"
    I could hear him grin. My knees weakened a little. Mental slap.
    "You just left 5 minutes ago. Did you miss me?" There's that audible grin again.
    "No... I just thought maybe you'd.. I dunno.. NEED something..." I closed my eyes tight. HOW did he read me so well?
    "Oh I DO need something." Audible grin.
    I rolled my eyes. Somehow he heard that.
    "Dont roll your eyes. You know what I mean." grin grin
    "Look, Brooke is getting cleaned up and we'll be.." A scream came from the corridor. Just then Dr. EV's truck came rolling to a stop in front of the Lobby.
    "jusasec..." I mumbled into the phone and dropped the receiver and ran down the corridor to my room. Glenn was leaning against the open door and grinning that thousand watt smile at Brooke who stood hidden behind the bathroom door wrapped in nothing but a towel.
    "Well Hell-OO there Gorgeous!" Glenn coo'd and smiled
    "Uhh, Glenn? I think Dr. EV's truck just pulled up." I rushed in.
    Glenn flinched and whirrled around to face me, suddenly ashen and rushed out of the room.
    "WHO was that??" Brooke eyes were huge and frightened.
    I laughed. "you look like Bambi in the headlights! Glenn is the owner or manager of this place as best I can gage. He's all Bark and a little bite, but Dr. EV has him pretty well under control , at least today she does."
    Brooke eased a little and smiled. "Well it IS a little unnerving knowing he has keys to the rooms! but.." she smiled and bit her lip. "he's not without some charm!"
    I grinned back. "I know! right? what IS it about that guy?"
    "I dont know," smiled Brooke, "but he's got it in spades!" I laughed then remembered I'd left Joe dangling, literally. "OOPS! be right back" and I ran back down the corridor.
    I scooped up the phone receiver and gasped "hello? Hello? Joe? you still there?"
    A deep sigh, an audible eye roll (so THATS how he'd heard it) then "yeah... Im still here... thought you'd forgot me." his voice was very bored and low.
    "sorry.." i said as sincerely as I could muster, "We had a near incident here."
    Joe stifled a laugh. "Glenn?" he asked.
    "Yeah," I said, realizing just how much I missed him. Mental slap. "fortunately Dr.EV has uncanny timing!"
    Joe laughed audibly "Practice make perfect" he grinned. "When are you coming back over here? I miss you."
    I grinned. "as soon as I find some clean clothes for Brooke. She's in the shower and her running clothes are pretty damp."
    "Okay," Joe sighed deeply."I'll just be here... waiting..."
    I smiled. "How handy are you with tools?" I could hear that ironic grin "I was thinking maybe you could take a look at the broken stool! the one at the end of the counter?"
    silence.
    "Joe?.. are you there?" I caught my breath.
    "....yeah.. Im here... Im just, well not so handy with tools. Now give me a guitar..."
    "give you a guitar the the stool would still be broken." I quipped.
    "Yeah, but we wouldnt notice so much." Joe bragged just a little.
    A young woman in a maids uniform opened a door down the corridor and walked in.
    "I think I see someone who might be able to help me with Brooke's clothing problem. I'll call you back." I said to Joe and hung up the phone. I trotted down the hall and poked my head into the open room.
    What I saw amazed me. This attractive young woman was pure kinetic energy. She moved at the speed of light and the room was fresh and spotless witn in a few minutes.
    "Wow!" i said. "That was incredible!"
    "Oh Im sorry! Is this your room?" she shied away.
    "Oh no, IM sorry, Im staying down the hall and I saw you come in here. I wondered what had happened. My room was transformed from an ugly box to paradise in no time at all!" I said, admiring how clean and fresh she'd made the room.
    She laughed and offered me her hand. "Im Shirley. Im the housekeeper here..sometimes. Glenn keeps firing and then hiring me. I wont put up with his BS. He grabs me, pinches, pats or pokes me and I slap him. He fires me. The next week, he hires me. No one can do, or WANTS to do what I do"
    I shook the proffered hand and smiled at the friendly girl. Smart too! I thought.
    "Well, It's a pleasure to meet you, Shirley." I told her the problem we were having and and she walked to her cart, opened a drawer and pulled out a fresh clean t-shirt. and a pair of sweats.
    "you'd be surprised how often things like this happen. I was a girl scout. Im always prepared" She smiled a bright, cheerful smile. I liked this girl!
    I thanked her and took the clothes too Brooke, who was just getting out of the shower. She thanked me and went to get dressed. I went back into the lobby to call Joe.
    He sounded concerned.
    "Uh, you'd better hurry back over here. This does not look good..."
    Last edited by ticky; 11-16-2008 at 12:30 AM.

Hmm... something new!!

Frank and Lisa pulled into the all night Wedding Chapel of the Blessed Church of Elvis in Las Vegas, Nevada. They'd driven all night, well Almost all night and were finally there. Frank turned off the keys to the truck took a deep breath, let it out slowly and stared down at the steering wheel.
    Lisa looked anxiously at Frank. Was he changing his mind? After everything she'd gone through with that scoundrel Glenn, was Frank going to turn on her too? She bit her lip and tears filled her eyes.
    "Frank? are you alright?" she asked quietly, hoping he wouldnt answer. She didnt really want to hear what she was afraid he would say.
    Frank looked up at her. He was surprised to see the tears in her eyes and the quaver in her voice. He laughed then hugged her close.
    "Im fine, sweetheart. We're fine. I love you, but I have to tell you something and I only hope it wont change your mind about how you feel. I've done something, something in my past, but something Im not proud of. I can only hope you will be able to find it in your heart to forgive me. You see, I've lied."

Back at the ranch....
    Willie walked out of her room at the Ranch and into the kitchen. She'd been calling and calling for Frank, but there was no answer and Willie had no idea where to look. Then she saw the note. There on the kitchen table was a half piece of paper with some quick writing on it.
    "Gone to Vegas to get married, Back later, Frank and Lisa" there was a little heart over the "i" in Lisa's name. Willie let out a long, slow whistle, replaced the note and went out to the bunk house to find the crew boss and see what needed to be done.
    The Bunk house was full of loud noise and dangerous boys. Willie was in heaven, or was it hell? She loved the excitement of all that testosterone but it made her nervous too, Like the only slab of beef left on the buffet table at an Atkins convention.
    She quickly found the crew boss. He was the most dangerous looking one in the bunch. His long blond hair was loosely tied back in a ponytail and a cowboy hat tipped down over his face, blocking any view she might have had of his eyes. He had a cleft chin, strong arms and a long lean body that wore his jeans very well. black cowboy boots fitted over.. ENORMOUS feet! wow! He reached up to light a cigarette and his hands were also abnormally large. Willie smiled to herself remembering what she and her friends had always joked about in school, looking at the hands and feet of all the boys.
    Willie walked up to the man and offered him her hand.
    "Hello Mr. uhh...." she stammered waiting for the man to offer her his name.
    He looked up at her. He had amazing eyes. Blue green like the color of the rocks in the creek bed.
    "They call me Fiddler, 'cause I Fiddle" he slurred between clenched teeth that held the smoldering cigarette. He shook out the burning match and tossed it on the floor. "What can I do for you, Lady?"
    The noise of the room had subsided and all eyes were on her.
    "I'm uhh... Willie" Willie said glancing around her at all the men. "I'm the new ranch hand."
    The laughter burst out from the small bunk house like a hurricane flood. Fiddler lifted a hand and it stopped. "We're a real working ranch here Miss. We got real hard work to do. If you want to work in the kitchen or make beds, well, we aint stoppin ya, but you'd best stay clear outta the way when we're doing our work! You might get hurt!" Sniggers and gafaws came from the boys.
    Willie stiffened her back and glared directly at the smug, unyielding gaze of the crew boss. "Mr. Fiddler. I can do ANYthing any of these , uhh.. Gentleman can do and I am willing to prove it! *I* was hired by Mr. Frey to do THIS work. Not scullery maid work and I fully expect to be treated with respect as an Equal!"
    At this Fiddler glared at her. "Ma'am, around here respect and equality is earned, not granted."
    Willie glared right back. "Then let me earn it."
    Fiddler never broke their locked gaze. He smiled. "All right, Stewart!" a long lean man with short curly blond hair stood from the table and slowly walked towards Fiddler. The contempt in his eyes was palpable and the room hushed at the respect for the man's disdain of his boss.
    He stood before Fiddler and waited. Fiddler finally broke the locked gaze he had held with Willie and looked at the man. His smug smile turned to a contemptuous frown. "Take this Lady out to the Paddock and get her settled on a horse."
    "I got things to do" Stewart said with a sneer.
    "You got to do what I tell you to do!" Fiddler leered at the man, daring him to defy him.
    "Im gettin mighty sick of playing second fiddle to you, old man. One of These Nights you're gonna slip up and I'll step right in." Stewart was nose to nose with Fiddler. Fiddler placed both hands on his chest and pushed him. Stewart stumbled backwards
    "Back off Stewart. You'll always be second to me." Fiddler grinned down at the man.
    Stewart stood up and stomped to the door. He stopped and, without turning around said "You comin?"
    Willie realized he was talking to her and jumped a little, then followed close behind as the angry man stalked quickly towards the barn.

ooOOoooo.. fun!

Ok, back at the The Last Resort.

Glenn was talking with Joe and Timothy about the trip of the week before, when Rhonda, Willie, Lisa and I walked in. "Ladies, into a little drink with us?" Joe asked when we passed them. "No not now!" Rhonda said and she pushed us to the stairs. "Not again that dang stairs" Willie said and she knew that we had to go upstairs again. Rhonda walked in the front of us and she hold a bag. "Ooh man, I'm so nervous now, what do you think? Do they like it?" Lisa asked us and Willie and I looked at each other and looked at Lisa. "They will love it" I said. We walked pretty fast upstairs and we walked to Rhonda's hotel room. "Ok, Joe is a strawberry" Rhonda said and she grape a strawberry cuddle toy out of the bag. "A strawberry?" Lisa asked and she started to laugh. "What did you actually buy?" Willie asked Rhonda but she didn't want to say anything. "Timmy is a peach" Rhonda said and she gave Willie a peach cuddle toy. "Awh, you little Timothy" Willie said and she hugged the toy. "Hahaha, that looks strange!" I said and Rhonda gave me an apple cuddle toy. "Don is an apple?" I said and started to laugh out loud. "Apple Don, Strawberry Joe, Peach Timothy..but what is Glenn?" Lisa asked and Rhonda gave her a coconut cuddle toy. "A coconut?" Lisa asked and she laugh. "Yeah, well he lives at Hawaii" Willie joked and she started to dance with her peach cuddle toy. "What's the meaning with this?" Willie asked Rhonda and Rhonda started to explain.
    (I don't know yet what it means, haha!)

Don came and he joined Glenn, Joe and Timothy with a drink. Suddenly they started to talk about fruit and all those stuff. "Did you ever tasted a coconut?" Glenn asked the others. "How could we? We don't have a house at Hawaii" Joe said and he ordered a (read this good) strawberry drink. "Strawberry .. Joe, you're ok?" Timothy asked and Joe acted crazy when Timothy asked. "Hey, Rhonda wants that I'm going to be healthy" Joe said. "Yes, well do you want it too?" Don asked him. "Of course I do!" Joe replied and he received his drink. "Hmmmzzzz" Glenn said he looked at Don and Timothy. "You're strange man!" Timothy said to Joe and Joe smiled. "Hey, what can I say? I Dreamed There Was No War" Joe said and he toke a drink. "War? Do we have war?" Glenn asked and he saw that the girls walked in. "I said, I dreamed!" Joe said and he waved to the girls. "Hi there, the girls from yesterday and today and tomorrow and next week" Glenn joked and he smiled. "Hi there, you Ordinary Average Guys" Rhonda, Willie, Lisa and I said together and we sat down. "Ha, we are O . A . G" Glenn said. "We're what?" Timothy asked him. "Ordinary average guys" Don answers Timothy. "Well, about ordinary.. I have to think about that" I said and I smiled to Don. "Yeh, sure! Of course you do!" Don said and he gave me punch. "Oh, you think that's funny?" I joked. "Actually yes I do" Don replied to me and we started to punch each other. "Hey guys...hey!" Glenn shout and everybody looked at Glenn. "What? He started!" I said and I stood up and walked away. "I don't care who started, Danielle come here!" Glenn shouted through the lobby of the Last Resort. "Or else?" I said with a laugh. "I got to Do Something to get you here!" Glenn said and he walked to Lisa, whispered something in her ear and she walked to me. "Glenn said, that if you don't come, you have to do tomorrow the weekly shopping, together with him" Lisa said to me. "Oh No Way! I'm not going to do that together with you Frey!" I said to Glenn and I had a sweet but innocent smile on my face. "Well, than come here!" Glenn said and I walked to him, because it was a Good Day In Hell if you had to do the weekly shopping with Glenn. "It's just my Heartache Tonight." Glenn joked and he walked next to Lisa. "Why, because nobody wants to go with you?" I said. "Lisa would" Glenn said and he looked at Lisa. "Sure, why not?" Lisa said and when we walked to our table for the diner we wished Lisa good luck.

"I'm hungry!" Joe said and he looked at Rhonda. "I'm not your food" she said and she grape Joe's cutlery. "Uhm.." I said but Rhonda answered me already before I could asked something. "Else he will prick everybody here at this table" she said and I looked at Joe. "I'm just a big eater" Joe said and he laugh. "Yeh, well, as long you don't eat me" Don joked. "Ah that's sad, I just wanted to start with you Don" Joe said and we started to laugh. "It's takes pretty long, not?" Rhonda said after a half an hour. "I think they have to find the colitas." I said and Rhonda started to laugh "Yes. I', thinking that too".
    "Colitas? What about colitas?" Don asked me. "What about? Nothing about colitas, just the great warm smell" I said to him. "Oh man.. I can't image me that the King Of Hollywood have the same time to wait for his diner" Joe said and he lay his head on his plate. "Joe!" we said. "Sorry" he said and he smiled.

Oh and just for the record: that punching of me and Don doesn't mean anything, just for the fun.
    Last edited by Mrs Henley; 10-11-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Joe sat in the Sad Cafe at the counter looking at a tall slender man who's back was to the front door. From that angel I could see he was a very well dressed, well groomed man with an Armani suit that looked fitted and Bruno Magli shoes. His hair was long but neatly combed and slicked with a good amount of hair product and tied back in a pony tail down his back. It was dark brown and very long. Joe was obviously keeping Fast Company.
    The tell-tale bell jingled as I opened the front door and walked in. Joe looked relieved when he saw me then concerned. The tall slender man turned around.
    "Tim? what are you doing dressed like that? You look ridiculous!" I said.
    Joe was shaking his head emphatically and making the "you're out" hand gestures behind the man's back, but it was obviously too little too late.
    The tall man smiled but only with his mouth. His eyes remained black and empty. He stared directly at me and through me and I could feel an icy arrow slice through my head. He looked like could have escaped from Teenage Jail with his perfected look of disdain.
    "Hi. I'm not sure who you think I am, but I believe we have not been introduced. I am Thomas Palmero." The man grinned showing all his teeth, but without his eyes sharing that humor, it looked more like a wolf baring his fangs. Threatening and evil. I reluctantly took his hand.
    "There you are, Sweetheart. I was wondering what was taking you so long." Joe's words were dripping with love and concern but his eyes said "Where the hell have you been?" He walked around Thomas Palmero and came to stand by my side. He slid an arm around me, protectively or for his own support I was not sure. Mr. Palmero was indeed intimidating. I looked at Joe, he looked back at me just as confused and frightened.
    "Um, Mr. Palmero. I was just wondering what is it that brings you to our small oasis out here in the middle of the desert?" I tried to smile my best smile but Im afraid, much like Mr. Palmero, my eyes did not reflect my cheerful voice.
    I could feel Joe's surprise at referring to Eaglesville as "our small Oasis". I was nearly as new to Eaglesville as Mr. Palmero, yet, somehow I felt a kinship to the people here and the idea of the people or places here being in danger sent a stirring of protective urge through me as strong as a mother's for her babies. I wrapped an arm around Joe and held tight to his hand as if trying to tie myself to this place and these people. This man, this Tim look a like meant business and not in a good way.
    Mr. Palmero's ceaseless smile did not waver as he said "Please call me Thomas. Mr. Plamero has so many.... implications" only then did Thomas's eyes flicker. He obviously thought this was a very humorous comment. Joe and I did not.
    "I have been sent here by my.. employer. He had some, shall we say, dealings with the previous owner and it seems that this establishment is now a part of his holdings. I am here to look everything over and establish contact with the locals." Thomas looked us up and down like he was examining some particularly distasteful graffiti. "Which I assume you are."
    Joe and I looked at each other. We weren't wearing Those Shoes or a Rollex watch, but we were clean and neatly dressed. Ok I was wearing a man's t-shirt and hadn't washed my jeans in a few days, but I wasn't a slob either!
    "Im afraid you've just Waisted Time, Thomas. This establishment belongs to Lisa, the waitress, and she isnt here right now. Im affraid you'll have to come back at another time. We were just helping her out till she returns." I said.
    Thomas turned his perma-smile on me and raised his eyebrows. I did not think this was a good sign.
    "I see. Im afraid you have a Frail Grasp on the Big Picture. You see, I happen to have this small piece of paper here that says on the top DEED, I do believe this says that my Employer is the owner of this establishment. For all that that means..." The perma-smile wavered briefly as he swiped a finger across the top of the jukebox and examined the layers of dust left exposed.
    I looked desperately at Joe. Lisa's Diner! her whole existence was gone? What would she do? Joe pulled me closer and patted my arm assuringly.
    Thomas suddenly stood straight and looked seriously at us.
    "Where might one find luxury accomodations in this area?"
    "There's the Last Resort across the way there." Joe pointed out the window as I stifled a laugh. Luxury accomodations it was not. But it was a bed and thats a bout as luxurious as it got in Eaglesville I was learning.
    Thomas nodded his thanks to us and headed towards the door. He stopped with his hand on the door and turned to us. "Im sure I will be seeing you around soon." perma-smile.
    and he left.
    Joe and I both let out a long slow breath and I started to shake. Joe pulled me close.
    "It's ok, honey, he's gone. We're safe."
    "I wasnt worried about us, Joe. We can take care of ourselves. But what about Lisa? where is she? and what about the Cafe?"
    Joe looked out the door after the frightening man walking away and knit his brow.
    "I dont know, baby. I just dont know. BUT lets find out"
    We walked out the door and headed past the Last Resort and towards the Bitter Creek Ranch

We all were outside when Rhonda and Joe walked to us, everyone looked at each other and they looked at Rhonda and Joe and we prayed that they knew where Lisa was.
    "Does anyone knows where Lisa is?" Rhonda asked us and we looked afraid at her. "What do you mean, does anyone knows?" Timothy asked and Willie looked at Rhonda. "Yes, Lisa was with you guys, right?" she asked Rhonda. Rhonda and Joe looked at each other and they looked at us and to the ground. "Oh no, you're not saying.." I said slowly. "We have no idea, where she is.." Joe said. There was a scary silence. "Maybe she is taking a Sea Cruise" Joe said and he wish that we all could laugh about that, but we couldn't.. Lisa was gone. "Joe, no time for jokes" Don said and he looked straight to Joe. Joe looked to the ground and apologized. "We have to find her!" Rhonda said and we agreed. "Let's go to the Sad Cafe and make a plan to find her." Glenn suggest and we all went to the Sad Cafe.

When we arrived at the Sad Cafe, Don and Glenn noticed that there was nobody, the doors were closed and the light were turn off.
    "What is this?" Joe asked us and he looked through a window inside. "I don't know, but it's strange" Willie said and she and Timothy walked to the backdoor of the Sad Cafe. "Call it weird, Willie" I said and walked to her and Timothy. "Found something?" Willie asked me. "No nothing, nothing what makes any connection with Lisa" I said and I lean against the wall. "Mirrors on the ceiling, since when?" Timothy asked Willie and she looked at him and me. "Mirrors?" she asked. "On the ceiling?" I asked. "Timothy, Willie, Danielle!" Joe shouted before Timothy could give us any answer. We walked to Joe and the others. "What's up?" Timothy asked. "Did you saw those mirrors on the ceiling?" Joe asked and we said yes. Don and Glenn were trying to make any connection to the Sad Cafe, the mirrors and Lisa lose. "Get something?" I asked Don when I walked to him. "Yeh, I can think so fast honey!" Don said to me with a laugh. "Well, Glenn can think in 2 minutes about this, or not?" I said and I walked to Glenn who was standing near a cactus. "Hmm? What?" Glenn asked me. "Sure, Danielle..Glenn can think so fast" Rhonda joked and she looked at Glenn with a huge smile on her face. "Actually this is nothing to smile or joke or laugh about...I want Lisa back and now!" Glenn said and he walked to the door, kicked the door in and prayed for no security alarm. "Ping! We're in" Glenn said and he walked in. "I think.." Don stammer. "You think what Henley?!" Glenn shouted from behind the bar in the Sad Cafe. "That you really thought about this!" Don replied. "Don, be honest you know I didn't!" Glenn said and he invited us to come inside..
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Lets see what Frank has to say...

Lisa sat looking wide eyed at Frank. All the color had drained from her face and she was shivering. Not again. Not another man who had lied to her, taken her for a ride, used her and disappointed her. She wouldnt survive this one.
    She stared horrified at Frank awaiting the emotional pounding she knew was coming.
    Frank looked down. He couldnt bare to see the horror in her face. He loved her so much, he never wanted to hurt her. He'd loved her from the moment he'd first saw her. She was working at the cafe. Obviously she'd never waitressed before and her hair was falling in her face. She was frazzled, she was harried, she was a mess, she was beautiful. Frank hated lying to her. He hated himself for it.
    "I'm not who you think I am" he said.
    He glanced up at her. Tears were running down her face. He reached for her hand and she pulled it away. He bowed his head again. She'd stop loving him once she knew the truth. She'd hate him and maybe that was for the best.
    "I was only trying to help my cousin. I should have known better. He's an idiot. He got himself in to some hot water In The City with some very bad people. They wanted him Already Gone. He came running home to Eaglesville In A New York Minute and begged me to help him. What could I do? I said yes. It was life or death. We traded lives. I became him, he became me. I was a simple farmer! No one would be looking for me no matter what I called myself and with my name and and background, he was safe as long as he didnt leave Eaglesville."
    Lisa's brow furrowed and she looked confused.
    "What are you saying, Frank?"
    Frank looked up at her with pleading eyes.
    "Thats just it, baby. Im not Frank. My name is Glenn. Frank is my cousin and he's a whole mess of trouble. Somehow his trouble rubbed off on me, like it does for anyone who gets close to him."
    Lisa's jaw dropped and her eyes went wide.
    "You mean that Rat Bastard Glenn is really Frank?"
    Glenn smiled and laughed to himself.
    "yeah."
    Lisa looked astounded
    "Is it true?"
    Lisa turned towards Frank/Glenn and said "So that means YOU are Glenn,"
    Glenn looked at Lisa, took her hand and kissed it.
    "yes"
    "and you're a good guy. You havent hurt anyone, killed anyone, stolen anything, broken the law."
    Glenn winced.
    "I tore the tags off my mattress. Does that count?"
    Lisa let out a deep breath and looked down and closed her eyes.
    Glenn watched her closely. He closed his eyes.
    "Do you... I mean could you.... do you think you could still love me? I've loved you for so long. I don't want to loose you now."
    Lisa smiled silently, she slowly looked up. "I thought you were going to tell me you'd killed someone or you were married, or on the run from the police. I couldnt have taken that. I couldnt because there is no way I could live without you now and those things would mean a life on the run, always hiding. All I want with you is a home, maybe a family, but mostly just you."
    Lisa looked at Glenn. Tears filled his eyes. He smiled at her.
    She fell into his arms and they held each other for a long time. He pressed his face into her hair kissing her temple, pressing her into him and cradling her head with one hand.
    Finally, they got out of the truck and went into the chapel. Elvis wasnt available for the ceremony, but the organist played Love Me Tender and Glenn told Lisa that "for better or worse, Love Will Keep Us Alive"

short but sweet... more later.. its late, Im tired