Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Story

Default Re: The Long Story

Has Lisa managed to get her job back after her fling?

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

The Sad Cafe is pretty loose and easy going about their hiring/firing policies. It's possible Lisa is owner or partial owner of The Sad Cafe or could be she just has close ties to the owner. I dunno... it's all yet to come! it COULD be that the Sad Cafe is mearly a metaphore kind of like the cafe in Bus Stop! Hmm.....

Also, Lisa's fling with Mr.Smoothy is an on-going situation that's known by the town (how embarassing for her!) but now that Farmer Frank is involved things may change!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Who needs the daytime soaps when we have Ticky?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The Sad Cafe looked abandon and disheveled. Salt shakers lay on their sides and cups were tipped over, coffee dribbled off the end of one of the tables and into a puddle on the floor.
    Joe looked around confused. I grabbed a napkin and begin to mop up the coffee puddle.
    "Something's happened here. I mean the Sad Cafe has never been a becon of cleanliness but this is even worse then usual." Joe crossed to the counter and leaned over towards the kitchen.
    "Hello?" no answer.
    "Lisa? you there?" .....no answer.
    "Well, we cant just let it sit like this! Lisa will loose her job!" I picked up a few glasses and headed towards the kitchen.
    Joe smiled. "I doubt that. She owns the place"
    I cringed. "Lucky girl."
    "Her mother left it to her. It's her only means of support but it does keep her tied to Eaglesville." Joe said as he picked up a few over turned salt shakers and wiped off a table.
    "Eaglesville?" I said skeptically.
    "Yep! Thats the name of our quaint little burg here" Joe smiled at me. My knees quaked a little and I nearly dropped the coffee cups I was carrying.
    "I see, are there Eagles here?" I asked as I turned away and looked for a washer.
    "OH yeah! everywhere you look!" Joe smiled to himself. "you'd be surprised how close they are."
    "I'll have to keep my eyes open then." I said as I piled the dishes in the sink. No washer. OH fun. I picked up a dish rag and headed towards the front to wipe down some of the tables.
    "It looks like someone had a battle in here!" Joe stood up and looked around him.
    "You mean like a gun fight?" I said. My eyes wide with disbelief.
    "Well, kind of. Things work a little differently in Eaglesville. It was probably Sheriff Soda and Tim. She's been gunnin' for him for a long time."
    "Do you think she hurt him?" I asked worried for the poor man. He'd seemed like such a gentle soul and the thought of some gun slinger sheriff aiming her loaded pistol at him had me deeply concerned for his safety.
    Joe laughed softly. "Maybe just his ego. See, we do our fightin' with our ax's"
    "AXES????? DEAR GOD!!!!" I was horrified. I dropped a cup. It broke.
    Joe Laughed loud and deeply. "OH no, no no no.. not THAT kind of ax." He grinned at me. drool, damn. Joe walked over and picked up the broken pieces. He stood much too close to me, reached behind me and dropped the broken pieces into the trash.
    I sighed. "I thought you were going to...."
    He kissed me.
    A woman came in the front door. She was dressed in biking shorts and a tank top. She was covered in sweat and looked like she might drop on the spot. Joe rushed over to her and helped her to a booth.
    "Are you alright?" He asked the poor, frazzled woman.
    She nodded, unable to talk just yet. I brought her a glass of water and a towel. She sipped the water and took some deep breaths, mopped her head with the towel.
    "Thank you" she whispered. "I dont know what happened. I went for a Long Run down Seven Bridges Road and got lost! I usually turn around at Bitter Creek but I wanted to out run The Midnight Flyer. Silly I know, it being a train, but it's always blocking my way when I get to the crossroads and I wanted to Take The Devil this time. So I decided to run to the next crossroads. But then I was lost." she gulped some air, sipped some water and mopped her brow. "I've been Running On Empty~ (Ok I cheated... sue me.)~ for hours. This is the first place I saw."
    Joe looked at me then at her. "The next crossroads down Seven Bridges Road is 23 miles away. You've been running a marathon."
    "23 miles? then add 7 miles from the crossroads to my house. Thats 30 miles!"
    She was stunned. She looked up at Joe, then at me and smiled. "OH Im Brooke by the way." and she held out her hand for each of us to shake.
    "It's very nice to meet you, Brooke" I said and returned her smile.
    Joe took her hand and kissed it softly " Very nice indeed!" he said. I kicked him.
    "OOF," he grinned sheepishly up at me. "Sorry, honey"
    I glared.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Has Lisa managed to get her job back after her fling?
    Lisa realised that there was far more to life than serving omelets in a greasy diner. However things worked out for her and Glenn, he had opened her eyes to having a good time. She would never darken the door of the Sad cafe again.....................except perhaps to buy it!

However, she would not let her friends down either. So she rustled the ingredients for the Denver omelet together, bought a fr(e!)ypan and a camp stove and headed off to the desert.........with Glenn......and Frank......and their friends...........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What the others didn't know was that Lisa had actually lost her ownership of the Sad cafe to a ramblin gamblin man who had passed in the night.....and conned her out of everything. His only concession to her was to allow her to work there to his exacting standards under the eagle eye of his brother, for a meagre salary!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

OO Lisa! we're thinking on the same wave length! I just had an idea for a city slicker coming to town.. hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    my identical twin cousin is Mr.Frey too.

Is that even genetically possible?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

No idea, but what a nice concept huh?

Very nice

and what's gonna happen with Danielle, Don and Almanzo?
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..