Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Story

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Long Story

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    *sigh* I cant believe this but an entire chapter of the story was lost. I *thought* I posted it this afternoon, but now it's GONE! so.... I'll rewrite it. In my own defense, I think I was running a fever and just forgot to hit submit.
    Good because I'm dying to know what sheriff Soda was going to do to Timothy!!! And what doesn't Timothy do anymore? hhmm?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Ok, before I address Tim and Soda, lets see what happened BEHIND the Sad Cafe hmmmm........

Willie stood at the closed back door of the Sad Cafe with a blank expression pondering her situation. What just happened? Where'd Tim go? What did that crazy woman want him to do? What do I do with my Heart?, How Long?, Who's this hot guy walking towards her? IF a train leaves it's station traveling north at 75 miles an hour at 3pm....
    "'scuse me miss?" a very attractive man dressed in a blue plaid shirt, jean and work boots was talking to her. Willie managed to shake off her reverie and look at him. He had deep blue eyes and his dark brown hair was tousled and hung down to his ears.
    "Howdy, My name is Frank, Frank Frey, but most people 'round here call me Farmer Frank." He smiled and her knees went a little weak. He had perfect white teeth and a smile that would melt steel.
    Willie extended her hand and Farmer Frank shook it with gusto which shook Willie a little too!
    "I was just wondering if you had seen a stranger 'round? I was expecting my new ranch hand to arrive here today and so far I havent seen hide nor hair! His name is Willie." Farmer Frank was speaking to her but looking around for his lost ranch hand.
    Willie smiled a bright confident smile. She was used to this, she was also used to people underestimating her abilities as a ranch hand.
    "That would be me Mr. Frey! I am Willie!"
    Farmer Frank stared at her with his jaw hanging open and stuttered a bit "uh..yyou? bbut I thought.. I mean.. you're a.. a..what I mean is.. you're not a b.b..b.. "
    Willie laughed.
    "It's alright Mr. Frey. I'm a woman, but Im used to hard work, Ranch work. I know what needs to be done."
    Farmer Frank grinned and said "First of all, Im Frank, or Farmer Frank, Mr. Frey gets a little formal for my tastes and it gets a little confusing as my identical twin cousin is Mr.Frey too. We may look the same, but we're nothing a like."
    Farmer Frank looked long at Willie and scratched his head.
    "I wish I'd known you were a g.. uhh woman. See, I need a ranch hand. The work I have is hard, back breaking work. It's roping and riding and hauling. Caring for livestock and mending fences. I need a cowboy!"
    Willie turned on her charm. Farmer Frey visibly melted a little. Willie's 100 watt smile always had that effect on men.
    "Mr. F.. uhh I mean Frank. When I was 13 my father was struck down by a weak heart. He didnt die, but he could no longer work the ranch. It was just he and I there, but I had nothing else. *I* ran that ranch till my father passed away last year and the bank took it" Willies eyes moistened and she looked away.
    "I'm an excellent worker and can do anything a man can do twice as fast and twice as much"
    Farmer Frank was taken aback by Willies sheer determination and her story had touched him.
    "Well, alright Willie. I'll give you a try and we'll see how it works out. I cant guarantee anything though. I wont pull any punches. The work is hard!"
    Willie grinned. "A chance is all I ask." She held out her hand and Farmer Frank shook it.
    Just then the back door swung open and out stepped Tim looking flushed and tired. He looked at the two of them and smiled at Willie.
    "I see you two have come to an agreement. So you got a new hand, Frank?" Tim smiled broadly at the Farmer.
    "Sure do!" said Farmer Frank. "A pretty one too! You can never have Too Many Hands"
    Tim pulled Willie close and kissed her cheek.
    "Im glad you got the job, Baby."
    Farmer Frank watched Willie's glowing face and bright smile as she looked at her Hero, Tim. Frank looked a little sad and disappointed.
    A slamming door, the sound of angry foot steps in the gravel and not so quiet cursing floated across the parking lot to the small group standing behind the cafe. Lisa, the waitress was stomping towards the group. Her hair was disheveled and she had no shoes on and she was cursing like a sailor!
    "Lisa! Awe honey! Did Glenn get you again?" Tim asked with concern.
    Lisa glared daggers at Tim. "HE diidnt get me. I LET him get me. The Bastard! When will I ever learn?" and Lisa broke down crying.
    Farmer Frank cradled her in his arms as she cried.
    "That damn cousin of mine. He has no idea how good he has it." Frank looked into Lisa's eyes and said "Oh, Weeping woman try to smile, like the coming dawn, most of us are sad it's true, still we must go on"
    Lisa sniffled a little and looked deep into Frank's eyes and saw the truth for the first time. "It was YOU! the whole time!"
    Frank blushed deeply and let go of Lisa.
    "I.. I uhh dont know what you mean." Frank laughed nervously.
    "YOU! you wrote those letters! you left me the wild flowers! YOU were singing beneath my bedroom window! OF COURSE! How could I have been so dumb! I thought it was Glenn! but he would NEVER do those things! It was YOU!" with that Lisa threw her arms around Franks neck and kissed him deeply.
    "I uhh, we'll go get Willie all settled at the ranch" Tim said as he ushered Willie off down the road.
    Frank had no idea what to do at first, then gave in to his deep and hidden emotions and held Lisa close to him as he kissed her back....

More later

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm sure Sheriff Soda won't abuse poor Timothy.
    heheheheehehee... abuse?? nooo... not abuse *G* use like a kleenex and toss away?? perhaps *G*

Soda, Timmy never would be hurt

Ticky, I love your story! Yeah! Frank Frey, great name!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Ok kids, Sheriff Soda says Play nice, so lets keep this A list only. No working blue.. (no naughty stuff) so with a little bit of revision... here's some more...

Tim stared at Sheriff Soda's big shiny strat and quivered. It'd been years. The last time he'd nearly killed a man. He'd been a Desperado then. He'd lived in Bitter Creek and his twisted fate had found him out. And now, here was the Sheriff, calling him out one more time.
    She was cool water, Her Momma taught her, she was the best. Tim knew he didnt stand a chance, but she wasnt going to back down... and he couldnt.
    Sheriff Soda's hands twitched across the E string. Tim whipped his ax around and aimed it right at the Sheriff. The next few minutes were a blurr of fingers, strings and sounds. Hendrix, King, Walsh, Clapton, Page, Beck, even Ravel and Bach. Riffs flew through the air like bullets! When it all ended and the smoke cleared, Tim was on his hands and knees, panting, his head down, sweat dripping from him like tears. Sheriff Soda stood over him holding her Strat bent backwards, panting and sweating as well, but still standing. She stood straight and grinned.
    "you know the rules Schmit, the one left standing..." Sheriff Soda holstered her Strat and put on her raybans. She started to walk to the door then stopped.
    "I'll give you this much though. You give great guitar!" the Sheriff laughed and walked out the door. She mounted her Harley and rode off into the sunset down Seven Bridges Road.
    Tim sat on the floor heavily. He spent a moment catching his breath then smiled to himself. He'd given that to her. He hadnt had to loose. It would have been easy. One Joe Satriani or Stevie Ray Vaughan and she'd been his. But now it was over. Word would get out and he'd be free. No more fights, and now he had a reason to live, and she was waiting for him at the Last Resort. Tim stood, dusted himself off, holstered his ax and headed for the back door.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ticky you are so good at this. I never see what's coming!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

me either!! *G* and thanks

Ticky, you're great girl!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ticky! Wow! This is getting better and better!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Ok, Joe and I need a little attention.... *G* The PG 13 version...

I stepped out of the shower and dried my hair with a towel. The I quicky grabbed a comb and tamed the wild afro. Once I looked more human then Meg Ryan-esque (I mean Meg Ryan in "When A Man Loves A Woman" not the quaffed Meg Ryan) I wrapped a towel around myself and walked quietly into the room. Joe lay asleep on his stomache on the bed. A sheet lay across his hips and his skin was a deep tan contrast to the white sheets. It made my heart skip a beat. His tousled blond hair swept across the pillow hiding his face in a curtain of soft blond waves. His back lifted and fell with deep breaths.
    "Gosh he's purdy" I thought to myself and grinned.
    I leaned against the door jam. What the heck was I thinking? Thinking had had nothing to do with it. What now? After The Thrill Is Gone. Not quite lovers, not quite friends. Panic started to set in. I started to look for the exit thinking only of escape, then he stirred. His bright, shiny green eyes opened and looked at me. He smiled. I drooled. Damn. I have GOT to learn to control that. I wiped my face and smiled back. He held up his hand and beckoned to me. I had no control over my knees and they took me to the bed. Somewhere along the way I lost my towel. Uhoh. Fortunately, Joe had a sheet he was willing to share with me, and he did.
    It took me a few hours to get out of that sheet and into my clothes. Well, mostly my clothes. Joe lent me a t-shirt as I was in dire need to sing the All Night Laundromat Blues. He said I looked better in it then he did anyway. I really needed to wash everything I owned but my shoes, and even those looked a bit grubby, but I wasnt too concerned.
    Joe stepped out of the bathroom looking showered and clean and completely edible.
    "I must be hungry" I thought to myself.
    "You must be hungry!" Joe said. "Im starved, let's head over to the Sad Cafe. If Lisa's feeling up to it, she makes a mean Denver Omlet!" He leaned over and kissed my cheek then took my hand and we headed for the greasy spoon for some much needed sustainence.

more later