Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Story

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: The Long Story

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    !!

My boys are 9 and 12. The 12yr old (actually 12 1/2) has been giving me (and only me) grief for the past year. I'm still searching for a way to get along with him again. Thankfully, he is "a joy" to teachers and schoolmates, and an excellent student--so at least I don't have that aspect to worry about. It's just that I feel like wringing his neck when he storms around the house at me, or gives me the silent treatment, or any of a number of other passive-aggressive numbers he has taken to doing...Oh, you didn't just hear me say that, did you??
    He's 12, its just beginning! It WILL get better tho. MY Jenni was the worlds easiest kid. As a little one, you just had to tell her she needed to do something and it was done. Even now, you just tell her she might think about doing something differently and the difference will be noted in the future! BUT!... (big but..) she was a hellious teenager. She's bull headed and stubourn to a fault. She's scarey smart (She's getting invitations to apply at about 6 or 7 different private school all over the US) and she hasnt started applying for scholarships YET, but already some are courting her big time. BUT she's a slob and can be a real bully! She went through a horrible passive aggressive stage too but it passed!! Middle School kids are just all pissers!! (we live across the street from a middle school and the kids are foul mouthed!!) not all of em of course, but a LOT of em and they think they're indestructable! they get off on pushing each other in the street in front of cars! BUT like I said *G* thankfully, they grow out of it!!
    Chin up and enjoy him when you can (middle school aged kids are also VERY funny!!!!) He'll be back to livable before you know it!

Thanks, I'm waiting...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

ahem....

I'm not sure How Long Joe and I spent next to the open window locked in that never ending kiss. Time kind of stopped and we were frozen for a bit. The the sound of tires squealing on the hot asphalt of the Dark Desert Highway then roaring into the gravel parking lot of The Last Resort woke us up.
    Things were taking a turn for the worse!
    "Listen baby, you can here the engine rev!" Joe broke our kiss with a worried look on his face. We both peered out the window just in time to see a girl my lord in a flat bed ford slam to a stop in front of the motel. The door of the ford said " Dr. Eve's Veterinary Medicine specializing in livestock"
    "Uhoh, that's trouble!" Joe said frozen to the sight of the wild eyed woman grabbing a long handled hook from the back of her truck.
    "Who is she?" I asked not able to remove my eyes from that hook and fearing she might be here for me!
    "That's Dr. Eve, everyone here just calls her EV" Joe said absently, as if he wasnt really aware he was even talking. "she's Glenn's girlfriend"
    I gulped. Glenn was next door making the corridor ring with noise with that waitress from The Sad Cafe.
    "JUMPIN JELLYFISH" (i watch way too much sponge bob) "That poor waitress is about to be SHISHKEBOBBED! we gotta DO something!" I panicked! Joe grabbed my by the shoulders and said "Take It Easy, baby. Glenn is a Melody with out a cure.. but he always bounces back." with that Joe smiled and kissed me deeply. Then he let go of me and walked to the far wall and pounded 'shave and a haircut' on the wall just above the nasty sticky dresser.
    The answering knock resounded and Joe said "EV'S HERE BUDDY!"
    Suddenly the room nextdoor echoed with sounds and activities. The waitress came rushing into my room wrapped in only a sheet and scared to death.
    "GLENNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!" screached a furious voice from the lobby.
    A bottle of pink champaign came flying down the corridor and smashed on the far wall with such impact that the glass was crushed into sand.
    "IM GONNA IMPALE THAT TINY LITTLE DI..." the tyrade was stopped mid insult
    with a muffled sound. I peeked around the corner of my door to see EV wrapped in the arms of the suave Glenn, his dark hair mussed and wet. a towel falling from his naked body showing off his tight firm.. "oh my" I said as Joe pulled me back from the door. "If she sees you, she may assume YOU were the one in the room with him!" Joe whispered, his lips softly touching my ear. My knees went weak. The waitress, also wet, shivered in the corner weeping into her sheet.
    Joe knelt beside her. "That was a close one Lisa. She almost caught you!" Joe pulled the blanket off the bed and wrapped it around the shivering sad woman.
    "She'll never catch me." sniffed the woman "Im already gone, and she stood up and started to walk out the door.
    Joe grabbed her arm and pulled her back "Hold on there, Earlybird, She's still out there! You may get a piercing you dont want!"
    "I dont care! He was My Man first!" shouted the starkly clad woman.
    "Shhhhhhh!!!" hushed Joe. "YOU may not care about how many holes you have in your body at the end of the day, but I do!" and Joe sent a warm glance my way "and im starting to really care about the holes in that lady's body too!" he grinned that cheshire cat grin. I wanted to be angry and insulted but that grin, those eyes. I made the drooly face again. Damn.

Argh.. tired... Im done for tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Jumping back to The Last Resort....

Joe unlocked my door and stepped aside. I walked into the gawdy room. Red satin covered the bed and chairs. Golden cherubs and angels glared intimidatingly down from the four poster bed. Enormous pillows that had once been heart shaped but had been pushed, pulled, tugged and rended out of any definable shape now flanked the head of the bed just below a floor to ceiling mirror at the head of the bed.
    "This could be heaven.." Joe grinned menacingly as he tossed his long form across my bed.
    "Or this could be hell.." I snarled as I wiped something greasey and sticky from the top of the dresser. I smelled it. BIG mistake. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands.
    "So, How Long you in town for?" Joe streached luxuriously across the bed, tipping his Pape/Cat baseball cap down over his eyes.
    "Not long," I said drying my hands on a semi-clean towel hanging in front of a semi-clean bathtub. "And dont get too comfortable there! You have a nice cozy truck cab waiting for you! remember?"
    Joe let out a deep sigh and looked thoughtfully at me. You really gotta learn to relax! Learn To Be Still! Though the world is torn and shaken, even if your heart is breakin' It's waiting for you to awaken and someday you will."
    I stared at Joe, lying there in my bed. Words of wisdom cutting deep into my broken heart. Suddenly the tears that had been hiding behind all my rage found their way out and I wept.
    "I couldnt believe it was happening again! He left me and I was out on the street! trying to figure out how to start over!" the tears fell so hard I couldnt see. Joe jumped up from the bed and held me steady till I found the edge of the bed. He brought me a glass of water and held it to my lips as I sipped and sniffled. When I could talk again I said through gritted teeth "her name was Tiffany. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? TIFFANY!! thats not a name! thats a LAMP!" Joe laughed. I glared.
    "Oh Im sorry, honey. But you're a funny lady!"
    "Im not trying to be funny." I said. Having regained my rage I jumped from the bed and stalked to the bathroom to refill my glass. Joe returned to his possition on the bed.
    "So who was Tiffany" He asked. Joe looked up casually as the glass flew through the air over his head and smashed against the picture of kittens wrestling painted on black velvet on the wall next to the bed.
    "sorry my mind is a little Tiffany Twisted" (I bet you guys wont get this reference!! bwahahahahaahha!) I said and walked to the picture to pick up the broken pieces of glass. As I bent down to pick them up, Joe's huge gentle hands wrapped around my wrist and pulled me up.
    "let me, You're pretty upset. I wouldnt want you to hurt yourself."
    I didnt resist. The idea of hurting myself sounded too good to tempt.
    "I could really use a drink. How 'bout you?" I was still shaking.
    "dont drink, well not any more" Joe grinned that grin that melted my socks and I found myself making that dumb drool-sodden doofus face you get with too much novicane at the dentist.
    Joe just kept grinning. "I used to drink way too much! lost a lot of time and a good friend or two that way." I was learning more and more about this apparent hillbilly trucker I'd made so many assumptions about. My respect and my lust for him was growing.
    "WHEW! it's pretty warm in these rooms!!" I rushed to the window. I needed air. The window was stuck. Joe was there. He pushed, hit, and pulled the window open. He stood much too near to me and I could smell his gum, his hair, his breath.
    "wow, uhh... is there anything you cant do?" I asked as I slowly turned to face him. His face was so close I could look directly into his blue green eyes. Blue green... like fresh sage.
    "wow" I whispered.
    "wow" he said, smiled then kissed me.

nya nya nya... (hehehe)

it's almost 11 and I STILL have laundry so I'll be back..

They kissing us! Yeeeh
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

OK, stepping back to my shoe searching..

I was still standing there on the stairs and I was figuring out where I could buy shoes, I mean we are in the desert. Suddenly the door swung open and Joe walked in. "Don is waiting for you, he found a shoes store somewhere in the desert" and I walked to the lobby. Willie and Timothy where also arrived, ok..Willie was arrived, Timothy was still searching for Joe. Don walked to me and he gave me a paper 'Midnight Flyer Shoes'. "Strange name for a shoes store." I said but actually I didn't care of it, I needed shoes. "Love you socks Danielle!" Willie said and she started to laugh. "Oh, I LOVE them too! Pinky socks!" I said and we started to make fun of my lovely pink socks. "Maybe Timothy wants them too" Willie said. "Sure, he can have mine" I answered her and on that moment Timothy walked in. "Ssstt..." said Willie. "I've been Waiting In The Weeds here, can we finally go?" Don asked me and I walked with him outside the Last Resort. Rhonda and Joe were outside having fun, there were a couple of strange tourist who acted a little strange. "Oooohhh man!" Rhonda screamed and she sat down on the grass. "Frail Grasp On The Big Picture?" I asked here when Don and I were walking to the car. "A very big picture" and Rhonda grape her photo camera and toke a photo. (I know the song means something else). I was still walking on my socks to the car, when I heard a scream, we turned around and we saw Joe standing in the middle of a corner and he looked at his telephone. "We are Random Victims Don!" Joe screamed and he looked at Don. Don agreed and he walked away.

We were driving through the desert, searching for that store.
    "How Long is this gonna take?" I asked and I yawn.
    "I don't know." Don answers. "I need to find that store, I need new shoes, else I gonna take yours!" I said and looked at Don. "Sure, it would be a lot easier if we where In The City" Don said. "Yeh, but we aren't in the city..." I said and I was Tryin' to recognize the road where we were driving. "Do you have any idea, where we are?" I asked Don and he shake "no". "We have to Chug All Night to come back or something" Don said and he turned the car around. "What are you doing?" I asked him, but he didn't replied.

"How Bad Do You Want It?" Don said after a hour, we were still somewhere in the desert. "Well, not too bad please." I said and I grape the roadmap. "It's a Long Road Out Of Eden, but I think the roadmap can't even tell us where we are.." I said and gave the map to Don. He looked at the map and he tried to figure out where we could be. "Try to call Glenn or Somebody else". I called Glenn, but he didn't answers the phone. "He and Lisa are having a Month Of Sundays, do you remember?" I said and hang up. "Oh, I believe I remember that" Don said and he started the car and drove back. "What do I smell?" I asked and actually I knew it was colitas. "Colitas" Don said. "Coli-tas?" I was joking and Don started to laugh. "No it's not coli-tas, but colitez" Don said and we were starting to have fun about the colitas. "Colitez? Never heard of that before, where does it come from?" I asked him. "From the island of Joe" Don answers and we both noticed a shopping mall in the middle of the desert. "Does Joe owns a island?" I asked when we drove to the mall. "I believe he still does, yes.. it's between England and The Netherlands" Don said and he was parking the car. "Ok..if you're saying it" I said and we walked inside the mall.

"Shoes, shoes COME ON! I NEED SHOES. ***** that store!" I started to become crazy when we didn't could found the store called 'Midnight Flyer Shoes'. "Woo, Witchy Woman, slow down!" Don said and he grape my arm and toke me to an other shopping street in that mall. "I'm Already Gone man!" I said and walked away. "Do Something, just do something! I need shoes" I said when I was standing on the other side of the street. "There is an other plaza over there, maybe we can find something there" Don said and he pointed to the other side of the shopping mall. "Uhm... I don't have a Peacefull Easy Feeling about that, but let's try!" I said and I walked to the stairs. "We're not going with the stairs!" Don said he walked to the moving staircase. "Excuse me James Dean!" I joke and walked to Don. "James Dean?" Don asked. "Yeah, Sorry, I saw a picture of him in a store" I said and looked innocent. "Sure..I'm giving you The Best Of My Love and you call me James Dean? Oh Girl!" Don said and he walked away from me. "Ahw Don, I'm sorry! Forgive me!" I said and walked to him. (oh just for the record it's was a very long stairs) "I had Visions last night, about us" Don said and he turned around. "Visions, or just a dream?" I asked. "Visions..." Don said and we walked of the stairs. "About what?" I asked him. "Us" he said. "Us? What about us?" I asked and I became a little shy. "Why are you shy?" Don asked me. "I don't know, I just messed it up between us." I said and looked at the ground. "You didn't, You're not The Girl From Yesterday, you never will be" Don said. "And after The Boys Of Summer has come?" I asked him and meanwhile we both were searching for the store. "I will love you still after the Boys Of Summer has come" Don said and he put his arm around my waist. "Let's search that fecking store and than buy shoes and go home" Don said. "Maybe there, at the Seven Bridge Road!" I said and we walked to that 'road'.

"Shoes...shoes....SHOES!!!!!!!!!" I yelled and I run to the store. "Oh Goodness, FINALLY!" I screamed and I was pretty fast finished with buying new shoes. "Wow, Try And Love Again girl!" Don chuckle and I 'stole' his credit card. "Oh I will, I will try and love you again after you payed my shoes" I said and walked to the cash desk. "Hey, you Earlybird!" Don said when I was walking back with my new shoes. "I'm not a bird, but hey thanks!" I said and gave Don a kiss on his cheeks. "Finally new shoes! Oh and You Never Cry Like A Lover again!" Don said and we were walking back to the car. "Why are you and Joe actually Random Victims?" I asked when we walked outside. "Joe ever said that something very strange happened we both where Random Victims of it" Don said. "I get the point.." I said and I searched the car. "I'm out to my Ol' 55 you know?" Don said. "No, I don't, why are you?" I asked him when we stepped in to the car. "New Years Night, I promised Glenn that this year would be a Funky New Year..but it never happened." Don said and he looked outside. "I got to say, this is a pretty funky new year.." I said slowly. "Is It True, you're not lying?" Don asked. (sorry for using that song twice!) "It is..and even After The Trill Is Gone, it stays a funky new year" I said. "I guess you're right" Don said. We where already driving on the highway, on our way back to 'The Last Resort'. "What Do I Do With My Heart?" Don asked when he parked the car at the parking place of the motel. "I don't know, it's your heart not mine" I said and stepped out of the car. Don locked the car and we were walking inside the motel when Don toke my hand and he said that if I would try and love again, he also wanted. "I'm not sure if I want it.." I said and looked away. "You won't?" Don asked and he went with his hand trough my hair. "You don't have Too Many Hands..just mine.." I knew Don was right, but I didn't knew it anymore. "I just.." I said and stopped with talking. "You just..what?" Don asked. "I just wanna love you..but You Don't Know Me At All" I said and there rolled a tear over my cheek. "I don't know you, I know that.." Don said and he swiped that tear away. "But, I want to know you, but you have to let me.. to know you" Don said again. "I'm a Disco Strangler, I'm a Victim Of Love" I said and I tried to walk away but Don didn't let me go. "I can't let you go.. Get Over It darling..just give me the chance to prove you that I want to know you.." Don said and he let my hand go. "When?" I asked him. "Tonight." he said. "But it's Saturday Night" I said. "Got a problem with that?" he asked me. "Shall we go down to the Sunset Grill?" I asked him and we started to have some fun. "This is The Last Worthless Evening, just believe me." Don said and we walked to our hotel suite.

Oh, I'm not suggesting anything with this!
    Last edited by Mrs Henley; 10-05-2008 at 08:22 AM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well girls in my absence you are well able to give 'The Waitress' a slice of the action. Now, she needs to continue!!

To answer EVs question, I wondered myself leaving that Sad Cafe would we go the distance, but decided we'd find out in the long run. I was sick of my job, sick of my life ,sick of my future as it stood and sick of the strife. Anyway there was always the Sunset Grill which would hire any hands that wanted as a last resort. We arrived at the station to hear that the Midnight Flyer had been cancelled but Glenn was able to pick up a flatbed Ford and we headed down the highway to Freedom. We came to the Last Resort motel where Glenn stopped and got some gas, but when he started it again it began to splutter. 'This darn thing is gonna chug all night' he commented. He looked suggestively at me, 'You wanna stay here for the night? Train leaves here in the morning'. With his eyes smouldering on me all I could think was 'I'd sleep on the sidewalk with you Glenn if I had to!!'
    We entered and spoke to the girl on the desk. She showed us the way to our room. Again there were angels and cherubs in abundance. 'Pretty Maids all in a Row' Laughed Glenn. There were voices on the corridoor which Glenn immediately recognised as the trucker Joe and that girl Willie that he'd picked up!
    'This night is gonna last forever' he grinned at me. 'Come on Baby!' he whispered suggestively, 'I wanna sleep with you in the Desert tonight.....but I guess here'll have to do!' Glenn gently brought his lips to mine, we turned out the light and.......well you can say that we got it right......

We were disturbed by an almighty scream a short while later, as a Witchy Woman came running down the corridoor! 'Who's Been Sleeping in my Bed' ahe roared as she soundly berated Glenn for being with me! Languidly Glenn responded 'Hey, I told you before, You'll always be the Girl From Yesterday, I heard some people talkin just the other day and they said you were gonna put me on a shelf. Well I've got some news for you.....you're Already Gone!!'

As she left with her head hanging Glenn looked at me and said 'Ever get the feeling Somebody's followin' you?'.
    'Now I do' I smiled, as cradled in his arms, his warm body against mine, we fell asleep........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    ahem....

I'm not sure How Long Joe and I spent next to the open window locked in that never ending kiss. Time kind of stopped and we were frozen for a bit. The the sound of tires squealing on the hot asphalt of the Dark Desert Highway then roaring into the gravel parking lot of The Last Resort woke us up.
    Things were taking a turn for the worse!
    "Listen baby, you can here the engine rev!" Joe broke our kiss with a worried look on his face. We both peered out the window just in time to see a girl my lord in a flat bed ford slam to a stop in front of the motel. The door of the ford said " Dr. Eve's Veterinary Medicine specializing in livestock"
    "Uhoh, that's trouble!" Joe said frozen to the sight of the wild eyed woman grabbing a long handled hook from the back of her truck.
    "Who is she?" I asked not able to remove my eyes from that hook and fearing she might be here for me!
    "That's Dr. Eve, everyone here just calls her EV" Joe said absently, as if he wasnt really aware he was even talking. "she's Glenn's girlfriend"
    I gulped. Glenn was next door making the corridor ring with noise with that waitress from The Sad Cafe.
    "JUMPIN JELLYFISH" (i watch way too much sponge bob) "That poor waitress is about to be SHISHKEBOBBED! we gotta DO something!" I panicked! Joe grabbed my by the shoulders and said "Take It Easy, baby. Glenn is a Melody with out a cure.. but he always bounces back." with that Joe smiled and kissed me deeply. Then he let go of me and walked to the far wall and pounded 'shave and a haircut' on the wall just above the nasty sticky dresser.
    The answering knock resounded and Joe said "EV'S HERE BUDDY!"
    Suddenly the room nextdoor echoed with sounds and activities. The waitress came rushing into my room wrapped in only a sheet and scared to death.
    "GLENNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!" screached a furious voice from the lobby.
    A bottle of pink champaign came flying down the corridor and smashed on the far wall with such impact that the glass was crushed into sand.
    "IM GONNA IMPALE THAT TINY LITTLE DI..." the tyrade was stopped mid insult
    with a muffled sound. I peeked around the corner of my door to see EV wrapped in the arms of the suave Glenn, his dark hair mussed and wet. a towel falling from his naked body showing off his tight firm.. "oh my" I said as Joe pulled me back from the door. "If she sees you, she may assume YOU were the one in the room with him!" Joe whispered, his lips softly touching my ear. My knees went weak. The waitress, also wet, shivered in the corner weeping into her sheet.
    Joe knelt beside her. "That was a close one Lisa. She almost caught you!" Joe pulled the blanket off the bed and wrapped it around the shivering sad woman.
    "She'll never catch me." sniffed the woman "Im already gone, and she stood up and started to walk out the door.
    Joe grabbed her arm and pulled her back "Hold on there, Earlybird, She's still out there! You may get a piercing you dont want!"
    "I dont care! He was My Man first!" shouted the starkly clad woman.
    "Shhhhhhh!!!" hushed Joe. "YOU may not care about how many holes you have in your body at the end of the day, but I do!" and Joe sent a warm glance my way "and im starting to really care about the holes in that lady's body too!" he grinned that cheshire cat grin. I wanted to be angry and insulted but that grin, those eyes. I made the drooly face again. Damn.

Argh.. tired... Im done for tonight
    Interesting development, Ticky, especially since my name really is Eva and and at work I go by Dr. E...how did you figure that one??

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well girls in my absence you are well able to give 'The Waitress' a slice of the action. Now, she needs to continue!!

To answer EVs question, I wondered myself leaving that Sad Cafe would we go the distance, but decided we'd find out in the long run. I was sick of my job, sick of my life ,sick of my future as it stood and sick of the strife. Anyway there was always the Sunset Grill which would hire any hands that wanted as a last resort. We arrived at the station to hear that the Midnight Flyer had been cancelled but Glenn was able to pick up a flatbed Ford and we headed down the highway to Freedom. We came to the Last Resort motel where Glenn stopped and got some gas, but when he started it again it began to splutter. 'This darn thing is gonna chug all night' he commented. He looked suggestively at me, 'You wanna stay here for the night? Train leaves here in the morning'. With his eyes smouldering on me all I could think was 'I'd sleep on the sidewalk with you Glenn if I had to!!'
    We entered and spoke to the girl on the desk. She showed us the way to our room. Again there were angels and cherubs in abundance. 'Pretty Maids all in a Row' Laughed Glenn. There were voices on the corridoor which Glenn immediately recognised as the trucker Joe and that girl Willie that he'd picked up!
    'This night is gonna last forever' he grinned at me. 'Come on Baby!' he whispered suggestively, 'I wanna sleep with you in the Desert tonight.....but I guess here'll have to do!' Glenn gently brought his lips to mine, we turned out the light and.......well you can say that we got it right......

We were disturbed by an almighty scream a short while later, as a Witchy Woman came running down the corridoor! 'Who's Been Sleeping in my Bed' ahe roared as she soundly berated Glenn for being with me! Languidly Glenn responded 'Hey, I told you before, You'll always be the Girl From Yesterday, I heard some people talkin just the other day and they said you were gonna put me on a shelf. Well I've got some news for you.....you're Already Gone!!'

As she left with her head hanging Glenn looked at me and said 'Ever get the feeling Somebody's followin' you?'.
    'Now I do' I smiled, as cradled in his arms, his warm body against mine, we fell asleep........

I love your last line GA!

A continued story at GA's and mine together

It's was a Long Hot Summer night and we were trying to get some sleep, but it was pretty too hot for any moment of sleep. "I'm dying here!" Don said and he trow off the quilt, only he didn't thought about the fact that it was one big quilt so I also didn't have any piece anymore. "It's pretty hot, true" I said sleepy and actually I wanted to try to get some sleep. "I'm gonna sleep, anyway I want to try it" I said and I turned around and closed my eyes. There was no wind, nothing..just the warmth. "Hmm..like that idea" Don said and he also closed his eyes. Suddenly we heard a noise from the other room. "What the heck?" Don said and he turn the light on. "Maybe Glenn is rolled out of his bed.." I joked and Don needed to agree with me. "No, I don't think so" Don said and he walked to the door. I walked also to the door and Don opened it, Glenn and Lisa were also standing on the corridor and we all four looked at each other. "We were just finally sleeping.." Lisa said to me. "Yeh, man, I need a break..but what is this for creepy noise?" Glenn asked and he looked to the other side of the corridor. "You ask us?" Don asked Glenn and he knew that was actually a stupid question. "Yes, I do" Glenn said and he laugh. "Ha-Ha Glenn" I said and I looked at Glenn. "Sleeping Girls..how sweet.."Glenn said and he walked to the room door of Joe and Rhonda. Don walked to Timothy and Willie and Glenn and Don knocked on the door. "I was just Talking To The Moon and now you have me take me out of mine concentration?" Timothy said when he opened the door. "Sorry Tim, but didn't you both hear that noise?" Don asked when he tried to avoid Timothy's hand who wanted to slap Don. "No I did not, did you?" Timothy asked Willie and she also said no. "Strange.." Don said and Timothy closed the door. "Woooo, crazy people walking around" Glenn said when Joe still didn't opened the door. "All She Wants To Do Is Dance, you think?" Don joke and Glenn started to dance. Lisa and I looked at each other and we started to laugh. Rhonda opened the door and she looked at Glenn. "Glenn?" she asked. "Oooooh hi! Did you and Joe heard that noise?" Glenn asked and his face turned red. "No, we didn't" Rhonda said and she looked also at us. "Ok, strange..but hey thanks! Sleep tight!" Glenn said and Rhonda closed the door. "Or we are just crazy, or this is creepy" Lisa said and I agreed with her. "I have to admit that this is indeed strange" Glenn said and when he was walking to his hotel room, we heard Irving. "Oh no, no no no no no!" Don and Glenn said and Don grape my arm and take me with him the room in and Glenn did that also with Lisa. "Nite!" Glenn said. "Night!"

A couple of hours later we still didn't sleep, I walked to the balcony and looked to the desert. "Why are we actually 'sleeping in the desert'?" I asked Don and he turned around in bed. "What do you mean?" he asked very sleepy. "I mean, we can stay somewhere in the city.." I said and walked back inside. "True, but hey it's pretty quiet here" Don said and he stepped out bed. "Yeah I know" I said and sat down on the couch. Don came sit next to me. "I'd would do anything to get one hour sleep, just one dang hour" Don said and he almost felt in sleep. "Sleep tight" I said and I started to laugh. "You're almost sleeping, so that hour will work for you" I said. "I'm a Man With A Mission" Don said and he lay his head on my shoulder. "And what is your mission?" I asked him and I started to fell in sleep. "To sleep..." Don said and he fell in sleep. I lay down on the couch and Don lay next to me on the couch (it's was a huge couch!) and we were sleeping, finally..

At 6 AM Glenn knocked on the door and asked if we were awake. "Yeh, now we are" Don said sleepy. "Goodmorning world, it's a beautiful day in the desert, maybe a good day to take a ride!" Glenn said and he knew that we knew what he means. "Sure, why not..it's was last night One Of These Nights that we didn't sleep and now you want that we wake up at 6 AM and take a ride?" Don asked and he became a little pissed off. "Uh, yes!" Glenn said and he knocked again. "I Hear You Knocking man!" Don said pissed off. "But, I can't come in?" Glenn asked. "GLENN!" Lisa said and we were saved by Lisa. "Thank you, thank you! LISA I LOVE YOU!" I shout. "Oh, I know you do!" Lisa said and she take Glenn with her to get some breakfast. "I wanna sleep..just sleeping..the whole day" I said and I put my pillow on my head. "The Unclouded Day is coming soon, so come on, get some cloths on and let's go" Don said pretty awake. "How can you be so awake?" I asked him when I tried to get of the couch. "If you life 37 years with Glenn, than you can" Don said and he pull me up from the couch. I searched my cloths and when we both were ready we also walked downstairs to get a breakfast.

"I'm Taking You Home.." Don said halfway the stairs. "Home?" I asked him and I looked at Don, because he walked with me downstairs. "Hey, you're with the stairs" I said before Don answers. "Am I good or not?" He asked. "The best, but what do you mean with 'I'm taking you home'?" I asked him. "Just like I said..I'm taking you home." Don said and he toke me downstairs. "Just 4 stairs to go!" He said. "Ok, today it's gonna be My Thanksgiving" I said and walked together with Don to the next stairs. "I like Thanksgiving" Don said.

We were finally downstairs in the lobby and we were walking to the breakfast room, when we noticed Timothy and Willie. "Oh My! I can't believe this! Timothy, you're wearing Pink socks!" I said when we walked to them. "I bought them yesterday, you like them?" Timothy asked. "I'm Out Of Control man!" I said and Willie started to laugh. "You brought me on a great idea, you're The Genie girl!" Willie said and we walked with our four to the room. Glenn and Lisa were already sitting somewhere and even Joe and Rhonda were on their way to sit down. "Goodmorning all" we said and we walked to the breakfast buffet. "Morning! Hey Danielle, what is Good morning in Dutch?" Joe asked and he wanted to learn that too. "Goedemorgen" I said when I walked back with some breakfast. "Great, great!" Joe said and he tried to say it also. "Goodemurgen" Joe said and Glenn started to laugh loud. "Haha, Joe..you can't speak Dutch man!" Glenn said and he was still laughing. "Oh the next gig in Europe..I will speak Dutch! I promise you Glenn!" Joe said. "We will see, first we have a break..don't talk about Europe now!" Don said and he toke some coffee. "Geeeeeessss, what a disgusting coffee!" somebody on a other table screamed and we looked at Don, he stood up and walked to the toilet. "You Got Any Gum?" Don asked when he came back. "Sure, always..it's In My Car" Glenn said and he started to laugh. "That works, oh never mind" Don said and he sat down. After breakfast we went outside to take some air. "What's the plan today?" Timothy asked when we all sat on the grass. "Well, I though that it would be cool if we all take a ride somewhere" Glenn said and he looked at us....
    Last edited by Mrs Henley; 10-05-2008 at 08:04 AM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well, MH, looks like you have helped me through the night! Thank you! But what happened the next day..........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP