Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Story

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: The Long Story

*G* Danielle...

Ok.. stepping back a little here...

"HENLEY!" cried out Tim and with cat-like reflexes pulled Willy out of harms way and whipped out his emense guitar, loaded and ready for action and pointed it directly at the one they called Henley.
    "WHOA there Buck-a-roo! Im not who ya'll think I am!" said the man behind the spiffy shades.
    "Dont try and fool me, Henley! I know you've been gunnin' for me ever since I said you were flat on Waiting In the Weeds!" Tim's guitar was steady, poised and aimed directly between Henley's Wayfarers.
    Henley gafawed loudly then snorted. "I bet he is!!! but Im not Don. I'm his twin brother, Almanzo."
    Tim eyed him warily and said "you have a nasty reputation as a cruel dude..."
    Almanzo sighed deeply and said "I know. My brother tells people I am ruthless, he tells them I'm crude." Almanzo limped across the cafe to a booth and sat heavily. He removed his dark glasses and his eyes shone brightly.
    "My brother cant hide his lyin' eyes. You get him to take off those glasses and you'll see!"
    Tim lowered his guitar and looked at Almanzo. "Why would Henley lie? He's a star and he's never mentioned a brother before."
    Almonzo rubbed the bridge of his nose between his eyes. "It's the easy money and faithless women.. he's always gotten everything he's wanted. I found some peace with a beautiful woman. Every night I was lyin in bed, Holding her close.... Don got jealous, said he fell in love with her. She turned him down. He went Out OF Control! Blowin and Burnin and Blinded by thirst he ran down the dark desert highway and never looked back. Im just here lookin for some peace of mind."
    Tim sighed and his guitar hung nearly to the ground. "Why do we give up our hearts to the past? and why must we grow up so fast.."
    Just then the door swung wide and in stepped a wild looking woman, beautiful, sun-touched and wind blown. Armed to the teeth and wearing a badge.
    "Sheriff Soda!!" Tim cried out. "You're back in town! I thought you were still In The City."
    The Wild-eyed woman glared down the barrel of a 12 gage dual humbucker Fender American Stratocaster and said "put the bass back in your holster Schmit. I'm not gonna put up with any of you n Henley's personal conflicts, Ya hear?"
    Tim slowly reholsterd his guitar and backed away from Almanzo. "Look here Sheriff, this aint what you think it is!"....

MY goodness Ticky, you have got a real talent for this! I am hanging on your every word, laughing hysterically! (Instead of finishing writing up my poor animal patients' files...) Maybe you should take up writing as a second career (althought I have no idea what you currently do, other than hang on The Border!)

EV, thanks *G* I am having a lot of fun doing this. I'll be shopping or cooking dinner and I'll get an idea and start laughing to myself (people are really starting to wonder.. let em wonder *G*)
    I have plans *G* I would really love to intergrate more people into the story (but I need to know if anyone has any objections. These guys could have ENDLESS twin brothers.. cousins.. SISTERS?.. oo could be interesting.... but LET ME KNOW! if you WANT to be in or DONT want to be in...)

I'll be leaving town tomorrow morning and I wont be back till sunday evening so I'll be thinking (Wild and I are going up to the cabin with Marjorie.. no not THAT marjorie... *G*) between the three of us, we should come up with some.. umm.. *G* fun ideas *G*

I need to know what else happens at the Last Resort with the HSG proprietor and that lucky but recently unemployed waitress... Was he worth losing her dead-end job over? (Did I really just ask that?)
    BTW, I LOVE the part about Don being flat on WITW--how you subtlely slipped that in--very funny! (Althought that is my favorite part of my favorite song on that CD!)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    I need to know what else happens at the Last Resort with the HSG proprietor and that lucky but recently unemployed waitress... Was he worth losing her dead-end job over? (Did I really just ask that?)
    BTW, I LOVE the part about Don being flat on WITW--how you subtlely slipped that in--very funny! (Althought that is my favorite part of my favorite song on that CD!)
    I must just be on your wave length then EV cuz Waiting in the Weeds was the first song off the LROOE set that I could think of.

I think Im pretty well packed for tomorrow and I wont be able to go to bed tonight till the kids are settled SO I may have a few minutes to write another chapter. *G* I'll give it some thought *G*

No rush, take your time. How old are your kids?

I have a big spread here. I have a 17 yr old (EGADS!!!) and a 5 yr old *G* the 17 yr old is getting ready for college (just kill me now..) and the 5 yr old just started kindergarten (what the hell was i thinking??) *G* No, she was my little miracle baby. The Dr. had told me I couldnt have any more children and a week later told me I was pregnant! SURPRISE!! *G*

OH and it turns out I FORGOT TO TURN ON THE WASHING MACHINE!!! so I'll be up for a while.. Im thinking on the story *G*

!!

My boys are 9 and 12. The 12yr old (actually 12 1/2) has been giving me (and only me) grief for the past year. I'm still searching for a way to get along with him again. Thankfully, he is "a joy" to teachers and schoolmates, and an excellent student--so at least I don't have that aspect to worry about. It's just that I feel like wringing his neck when he storms around the house at me, or gives me the silent treatment, or any of a number of other passive-aggressive numbers he has taken to doing...Oh, you didn't just hear me say that, did you??

Sorry, off topic of Long Story...

Jumping back to The Last Resort....

Joe unlocked my door and stepped aside. I walked into the gawdy room. Red satin covered the bed and chairs. Golden cherubs and angels glared intimidatingly down from the four poster bed. Enormous pillows that had once been heart shaped but had been pushed, pulled, tugged and rended out of any definable shape now flanked the head of the bed just below a floor to ceiling mirror at the head of the bed.
    "This could be heaven.." Joe grinned menacingly as he tossed his long form across my bed.
    "Or this could be hell.." I snarled as I wiped something greasey and sticky from the top of the dresser. I smelled it. BIG mistake. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands.
    "So, How Long you in town for?" Joe streached luxuriously across the bed, tipping his Pape/Cat baseball cap down over his eyes.
    "Not long," I said drying my hands on a semi-clean towel hanging in front of a semi-clean bathtub. "And dont get too comfortable there! You have a nice cozy truck cab waiting for you! remember?"
    Joe let out a deep sigh and looked thoughtfully at me. You really gotta learn to relax! Learn To Be Still! Though the world is torn and shaken, even if your heart is breakin' It's waiting for you to awaken and someday you will."
    I stared at Joe, lying there in my bed. Words of wisdom cutting deep into my broken heart. Suddenly the tears that had been hiding behind all my rage found their way out and I wept.
    "I couldnt believe it was happening again! He left me and I was out on the street! trying to figure out how to start over!" the tears fell so hard I couldnt see. Joe jumped up from the bed and held me steady till I found the edge of the bed. He brought me a glass of water and held it to my lips as I sipped and sniffled. When I could talk again I said through gritted teeth "her name was Tiffany. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? TIFFANY!! thats not a name! thats a LAMP!" Joe laughed. I glared.
    "Oh Im sorry, honey. But you're a funny lady!"
    "Im not trying to be funny." I said. Having regained my rage I jumped from the bed and stalked to the bathroom to refill my glass. Joe returned to his possition on the bed.
    "So who was Tiffany" He asked. Joe looked up casually as the glass flew through the air over his head and smashed against the picture of kittens wrestling painted on black velvet on the wall next to the bed.
    "sorry my mind is a little Tiffany Twisted" (I bet you guys wont get this reference!! bwahahahahaahha!) I said and walked to the picture to pick up the broken pieces of glass. As I bent down to pick them up, Joe's huge gentle hands wrapped around my wrist and pulled me up.
    "let me, You're pretty upset. I wouldnt want you to hurt yourself."
    I didnt resist. The idea of hurting myself sounded too good to tempt.
    "I could really use a drink. How 'bout you?" I was still shaking.
    "dont drink, well not any more" Joe grinned that grin that melted my socks and I found myself making that dumb drool-sodden doofus face you get with too much novicane at the dentist.
    Joe just kept grinning. "I used to drink way too much! lost a lot of time and a good friend or two that way." I was learning more and more about this apparent hillbilly trucker I'd made so many assumptions about. My respect and my lust for him was growing.
    "WHEW! it's pretty warm in these rooms!!" I rushed to the window. I needed air. The window was stuck. Joe was there. He pushed, hit, and pulled the window open. He stood much too near to me and I could smell his gum, his hair, his breath.
    "wow, uhh... is there anything you cant do?" I asked as I slowly turned to face him. His face was so close I could look directly into his blue green eyes. Blue green... like fresh sage.
    "wow" I whispered.
    "wow" he said, smiled then kissed me.

nya nya nya... (hehehe)

it's almost 11 and I STILL have laundry so I'll be back..