Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Chicago, IL 9-24-08, 9-25-08

I just checked my old ticket stubs (cause I thought I was there in 2009) but it turns out it was 9/25/2008.

I had flown out that day with my friend Colleen and barely made the concert because the plane backed up over the tow bar & the pilot had to check the undercarriage for cracks and holes. I was like "Who cares about a few cracks -- get this tin can off the ground!!!" I was freaking out that I'd miss the show and not have enough time to "fluff and puff" before the show, but I made it!

I was in Section 3 (in front of Joe) Row 3 Seat 6. Was anybody near me??
    I wasn't on the border yet but could have been sitting near you. Sounds like I missed meeting alot of you! Boo

I remember the woman next to me was extremely drunk and annoying. She stood the entire time they played Waiting in the Weeds, had a soft cast on her foot and kept falling. At one point I told the guy behind me (who caught her as many times as I did) "let her fall". Bye Bye annoying seatmate.

It was a fabulous show despite all the obstacles. If I remember correctly, there was alot more dancing at that show and not alot of security "sit downs".

Also remember how tough it was to get a cab back to hotel after the show. I thought it would be like NYC with cabs all over the place. Not so much.
    I'd go back in a heartbeat. Fun city. Great show.

I wasn't even on the floor that night - I was in the first tier off the floor, about 3/4 of the way towards the back of the "U." Not the best seat ever but they were still charging top dollar for it. Luckily, I got it for $60 off a guy desperate to unload his extra ticket so he and his wife could get out of the cold.

Wish I'd known you then! I was all by myself after that debacle where I got shut out of the meet'n'greet! Too bad it seems Joe isn't doing those anymore. Looks like that might have been my only chance.

On the positive side, though, I still enjoyed myself and I'm glad I went!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Looks like that might have been my only chance.

On the positive side, though, I still enjoyed myself and I'm glad I went!
    Never say never. We could run into him in an elevator at the Borgata!

Wish I had known you then, too!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    I remember the woman next to me was extremely drunk and annoying. She stood the entire time they played Waiting in the Weeds, had a soft cast on her foot and kept falling. At one point I told the guy behind me (who caught her as many times as I did) "let her fall". Bye Bye annoying seatmate.
    Wow - that was you! Damn - I thought you looked familiar when I met you in Niagara Falls!

(Just kidding, of course - but, I wish I had been at there!)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Also remember how tough it was to get a cab back to hotel after the show. I thought it would be like NYC with cabs all over the place. Not so much.
    I'd go back in a heartbeat. Fun city. Great show.
    Hubby and I learned that the hard way when we saw Paul McCartney there in 2002. What a nightmare!

Oh, and I was there - on the 24th.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Wow - that was you! Damn - I thought you looked familiar when I met you in Niagara Falls!

(Just kidding, of course - but, I wish I had been at there!)
    Damn, sissy -- I didn't recogonize you without the boot!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was all by myself after that debacle where I got shut out of the meet'n'greet! Too bad it seems Joe isn't doing those anymore. Looks like that might have been my only chance.
    THERE WAS A MEET N' GREET?!?!?! Your kidding! I could literally die right now. I had NO clue there was a Joe meet and greet. I would have loved to have went and met my idol.

You had to be a member of the fan club and send an e-mail that you wanted to go. In my case, the multiple e-mails I sent apparently never made it to the organizer until the day of the event when she replied to tell me it was too late (I had emailed weeks earlier), and the posts I made on the JWFC message board asking for my confirmation over a week earlier were never read. Kind of sucked for me but I'm very glad that other people had such a good experience with it.

In truth, long-time hardcore fans like Deb deserved to meet him a lot more than I did. If somebody had to be out in the cold, I'm glad it was me and not her. I guess it just wasn't "meant to be" in my case and I accept that. What's important is the wonderful experience fans like Deb had.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh hon, I was one of the lucky ones....nearly got screwed out of it like Soda, and I am sorry for ya Soda, because it was fantastic. Somewhere on the board I went thru a blg, long shpiel describing every moment partically. But I could still tell it, because I remember it like yesterday.
    I'm thinking that once the fc gets reorganized, things like this will happen again. The big picture is that he's still out there doing it up, so there's going to be more opportunities....my guess is when he releases the new cd, he's going to go all out with a tour, MnGs, tv appearances, you name it. That's my belief.

That's when I got my poster signed...and he took this pic with us

never dreamed it would happen to me, so it can happen to anyone!

oohh, "long time" and "hardcore" makes me sound kind of exciting, heh heh...or scary...
    Ticky had a lot of trauma and drama too, if I remember. Guess luvin' this fella ain't easy, but it's worth it....
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Stuck on the Border

I'm a hardcore fan and since his solo in Hotel California meant so much to me and the song saved my life I would love to have met him and told him and talked about guitars. He along with the other Eagles are the reason I'm still alive today but it was his part of the solo that lit the fire in me to play guitar. It still motivates me and inspires me to this day. My dying wish is to jam with him.