Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Fan Club Site

Default Re: Joe Walsh Fan Club Site

The JWFC emailed me back offering to let me purchase tickets. I was holding out this time until closer to the concert date, hoping really close seats would drop. Anyway, I asked them where the seats were and their reply is below.
    I don't know what to do--the price is definitely right. I was planning on paying more than that for close seats, even though, truthfully, I shouldn't because I really can't afford it. Should I go for the seats, sight unseen? Any advice?

"Tickets are $97 or $152 (these prices are w/o the service charge). I would not be able to tell you where the seats are located - but they are always great seats."

DF, That is the "rubber stamp" reply that Becca uses. I really do not think she knows where the seats will be located but I've never heard of anyone complaining too much about the location of the seating from JWFC.

My wife and I never bought tickets through the fan club. I recall in Chicago at the M&G back in, 2003 or 2004 (yesh, has it been that long?), we got our tickets somewhere else for something like 5th row center on the floor and the large group of fans that did get tickets through the JWFC were seated in the second level (sort of a balcony level) right in the front row just far enough away to have a great view of the stage from Joe's side. We had a large banner made up (thanks to Susie aka "Buster") that Joe signed during the greet and we had all signed it at the same time. They displayed the banner on the railing and Joe acknowledged the club with a point and wave during the concert.

There have been a lot of fans who bought through the club and one thing is for sure, it takes the hassle out of scrounging through TicketMaster or ILAA for Hobson's choice!

MikeA

Thanks for the explanation, Mike. I really wanted closer seats than second tier or balcony, so I guess I will wait.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I got that message from JWFC, too, but I already have tickets for KC. Should I reply, just to let her know?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I got that message from JWFC, too, but I already have tickets for KC. Should I reply, just to let her know?
    YESH!!!! I misread your original post Brooke. I read it that she was asking who all already had tickets.

If she is asking who is planning to go and what cities, I'd lean more toward the probability that she is either trying to sell tickets she already has or that she is trying to figure out how many to get Joe to obtain seating for.

The way that was stated, it does not sound like she is polling for a M&G possibility.

Sorry if I built your hopes up. Still, you never know. There might be an M&G set up at the last minute...I don't think that has ever happened though. Too much planning and coordination and organization to do it spur of the moment.

MikeA

Out on the Border

Just from my experience. I have only bought tickets through JWFC twice. The first time I bought 4 tickets through the club for a concert in Calif, they turned out to be in the 2nd row, great seats of course. The last time for Milwaukee they were the rows to the right of the stage about 8 rows up which was fine, except there is that pole that has a camera on it or whatever that takes pictures of the guys that are then projected onto the big screens above. That dang was REALLY distracting! It would go back and forth in front of Joe all the time, it was like you're trying to enjoy the show and then you are thinking, here it comes again! Really not good! I mentioned it to Becca just as an FYI. Someone else on JWFC I know had the same experience. You just never know.

So we're going to the Omaha show and there have already been some great seats avail these past few days on the MF. Like 4,5 & 6th row seats. We were able to get 6th row in front of Glenn. So to play it safe, I'm not going the club route anymore, I want to know where I'm sitting ahead of time from now on. JMO!

My buddy Lynda & I decided we wanted to know where our seats were ahead of time too, so we bit the bullet and bought seats through StubHub.

Third row center! That is the closest I have EVER been.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

DF! wow!! great seats Congrats!! (jealous jealous jealous)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    My buddy Lynda & I decided we wanted to know where our seats were ahead of time too, so we bit the bullet and bought seats through StubHub.

Third row center! That is the closest I have EVER been.
    Good Move DF. We keep oscillating between going and not going. When we get back from Vegas we'll probably get serious about a decision. If we do go to the KC show, I sure hope we can meet up with some of you guys.

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Way to go DF! That's fantastic!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten