Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 CMA Awards

Default Re: 2008 CMA Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Yes and I swear I caught a glimpse of Glenn too but I need to wait until the show is over and rewind my tape to see if I am right or just imagining things...
    Cool! I should've been paying closer attention! I didn't record the interim stuff, so I'll be relying on those who have to give us a report!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have an old and crappy TV, but I tried my best to get a few screenshots. Those who have the ability to make better ones, please do!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I saw em all behind Rascal Flats! they all stood up and applauded when they won. Don was on the aisle, then Glenn then Joe and Tim was on the end.

I didnt see many performances tonight that I thought were very good. Keith Urban's was good (and he is hot.. Im sorry.. he is!) and Carrie Underwood was excellent. So was the new guy Jason Aldean! I was very impressed with his performance.

Great Screen shots Soda! I'll try and get a rip off the DVR tomorrow. Our reception was excellent and very clear.

OH and Don was playing My guitar!! same color even!

I saw Don when RF won their award as well. He was standing at the end of the aisle behind them and was smiling and clapping. Didn't get to see the performance though but my niece recorded it so I'll get to at least watch it. lol

Yep they were all there behind RF when they stood up to accept their award. I am glad I taped it so I could stop and start it and get a somewhat decent look at the boys even for just a moment...

Poor Don he looks so like he is buring up*in the Temeture way*

auntmeda:}

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The Eagles, as usual gave a superb performance, but was it my imagination (or the fact I was extremely tired) or did they slow it down a bit for the "country version"? Either way, they sounded and looked great, tho the sound was a bit off. They could of smiled more also. To d*mn bad that Rascal Flatt won over them tho. I didn't catch them in the audience, darn it! I thought I was keeping a pretty good eye on it also. It was well worth the wait of almost 3 hours to see them. Last year I didn't watch the whole thing, just flipped back and forth till I saw the Eagles.

Here is my take on my very first ever CMA show and really the first time I have ever seen most of these people. It wasn't awful!! I know that sounds bad but I really expected to hate it but I didn't. Believe me, I will not be turning on the local country station and listening but I could set thru that again. My favorite, other than our boys, was the opening number with Brad Paisley and Keith Urban. I told my husband I wasn't expecting it to be like that. I also enjoyed that group Lady something (can't remember) and enjoyed Kid Rock (don't tell my husband, because he hates that song!) and Darius Rucker. The song that Carrie Underwood sang and the one that Trace Adkins sang brought tears to my eyes. There were a few acts I could do without, Brooks and Dunn for one. Don't care much for twangy stuff. I have to admit, I didn't mind the stuff that rocked a bit. And one last thing, apparently there are no ugly people in country music! I have never seen more beautiful woman and good looking men on one show before!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low