Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Was Bernie Leadon Not Included in Eagles 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Why Was Bernie Leadon Not Included in Eagles 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Bernie was once given a golden opportunity to diss Don and he passed it by. In an interview in the 80s, he was told by the interviewer who was looking to stir up trouble that Don had insulted "I Wish You Peace" and essentially said it was a mistake for the Eagles to release it. Don used harsh terms; I believe he called it "smarmy cocktail music." Instead of striking back, Bernie said he was surprised to hear that and that Don seemed to like it at the time, then added he had no problem with Don. (I'm sorry I can't produce this interview, guys. I did a quick Google search and I can't find it; I remember seeing a pdf of it in my library database, though. It's your right to believe I imagined it, lol, but it always stuck with me because of how gracious he was).

Keeping that in mind, I'd be very surprised if Bernie dissed Don at this point. I'm not buying this guy's story.
    Some people, me included, criticized Don about the IWYP issue in Bernie's official forum years ago. Bernie didn't like it and said that Don had apologized. Then he added that it's a "non-issue". That's where I learned the word.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi Chaim. What is this Bernie's official forum? He interacted with fans? It is no longer active?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Hi Chaim. What is this Bernie's official forum? He interacted with fans? It is no longer active?
    Yeah, years ago when he had a website with a forum he talked to his fans. He answered the questions I asked. Then it started to fade away. He no longer visited the forum and there were less and less updates on the main page. As I recall there was this "gone fishing" update and later "still gone fishing".

I wouldn't be surprised if he got bored with the negativity in the internet world. He seemed very...content, stable and "together" as a person. I remember I asked him if it was ok to ask questions about the Eagles, and he said "I don't mind talking about the Eagles at all. What would you like to know?" It was wonderful in the beginning.

Out on the Border

Thanks for your input everyone. I didn't know what the consensus was about The Real Music Observer. I'm a fairly new fan, I always knew some of the biggest hits but really didn't become a fan until after Glenn died because I had no idea who he was. Then I found HFO and I loved it. And here am I now, expanding my collection (vinyl and CD's), joining this forum, and trying to learn whatever I can because I don't know any good/accurate books on the group. So I watched his videos for any info I could get.

Out on the Border

UPDATE: Also I guess the board has a secret admirer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-WpohXuSoI

Yeah it definitely seems he’s referencing stuff from on here. It’s too much of a coincidence, plus he uses the term 3.0 Eagles which isn’t something he said before.

He probably trackbacked his Twitter link from this thread. Alternatively, when we were talking about this topic earlier, I tweeted him asking about his source. My profile has a link to EOC.

Hey Dave, a shoutout crediting where you got the term Eagles 3.0 at least would have been nice! Don't be mad that you're being "trashed" - be glad that you're getting hits.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I listened and essentially he confirmed that his source was just an opinion from another video blogger.

Dave, we weren't trashing, just qualifying the information. So long as your listeners know you are just a fan with access to the same information as the rest of us and are giving an opinion, I don't have a problem with you.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

EXACTLY Soda and UTW! And I’ll elaborate a little further on these suggestions for Dave:

1. You named your YouTube channel ‘The Real Music Observer’, which, to me, implies that there is some 'real' legitimacy to the content. So it may be a good idea to put a disclaimer at the beginning of your videos to credit all of your sources. The disclaimer should also clarify that the video is only the opinion of the narrator.
    2. It matters that you get any facts right that you are using to form your opinions. Accurate facts give you a lot more credibility. Speaking for myself, as a hardcore fan, I have zero interest in listening to someone's ill-informed opinion.
    3. Your comments are closed, which implies that you are only interested in your own opinion. That’s your choice if you don’t want feedback, but, that’s all the more reason for Steps 1 & 2 above.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

He was talking about his upcoming studio or something, so I got bored and stopped watching.
    Last edited by chaim; 01-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.