Page 26 of 100 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Here's the link. Haven't listened to it yet, but in one of the shorter versions, he said he wouldn't be surprised if 'you see the Eagles out touring in a big way next year.' Or close to it.

Enjoy...

http://www.thebigdc.com/cc-common/po...0727_15747.mp3
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Yep, that's what he said! He sounds great too!

VA, thanks for finding this! You go, girl!

Yesterday, Tommy said he talked with Glenn for 20 minutes and would post the whole thing today. We got about 4 minutes worth, so I did ask where the rest of it was. We'll see what he says later or tomorrow...
    VK

I can't wait to get home and listen to these!

Thanks for the recap, Ali!

If he goes across the pond there will be much rejoicing in the land of the Border.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

What he said about England & Europe was that he wanted to go there to promote the album, not to play shows there.

But we've now heard part of Getting Old Before My Time, anyway.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-25-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What he said about England & Europe was that he wanted to go there to promote the album, not to play shows there.
    But couldn't he be promoting the album by playing shows? I think it's a fair assumption if Glenn is going to Europe and England that he will do what he is doing in the USA; promote by various means including performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But we've now heard part of Getting Old Before My Time, anyway.
    Yes, and it sounds heavenly! I have never heard it before.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    But couldn't he be promoting the album by playing shows? I think it's a fair assumption if Glenn is going to Europe and England that he will do what he is doing in the USA; promote by various means including performance.
    I think it's saying too much to assume that. To me 'promote' means doing interviews and does not necessarily mean playing shows. I think if he intended to tour England & Europe he would have said so. I know when Tim released Expando he did some shows in England, but that was Tim. Glenn's US tour isn't exactly a long one. I hope I'm wrong but I would rather err on the side of caution.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh man - I love listening to all these interviews. He sounds genuinely excited about the album and upcoming tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Dreamer, I smiled at your mention of Glenn giving you all 'updates' like he was a neighbor chatting over the fence. I've read the Pebble Beach threads and even though he seems very down-to-earth, I'd still be a complete basket case if I had the opportunity to talk to him - or any of them for that matter. I admire you all for being able to get past the fangirl and get to know the real person. I'm sure Glenn appreciates that.
    WE - I only wish Glenn were my neighbor that I could have daily chats with over the fence. He really is very down to earth and easy to talk to though. I remember being very nervous the first time I talked to him at Pebble Beach, but I did get more at ease the more we talked to him. I'm not sure we ever got past the fangirl thing all that well, but he seemed to forgive us anyway. However, I will always cherish the opportunities I've had to talk to Glenn. It's a real thrill for any fan to get a chance to see another side of someone they admire so much.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

This morning's search results yielded a beauty. Great interview, especially at the end. Well, not the very end. Apparently these guys don't have positive interview experiences with Don. You heard small bits of other songs on the CD, and it's over 12 minutes long.

http://www.big1059.com/cc-common/blo...dyoungron.html
    VK