Page 63 of 201 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Love both pics - thanks !

Out on the Border

Might have been me. Not sure. Glenn did stop by our house in Fresno, California on his way to make it big in L.A. I was young and don't remember if he stayed a night or two before departing south. My mother used to babysit Glenn and used to joke that it was her that first got Glenn interested in music because she bought him one of those kiddie pianos which she stated Glenn's mother, my Aunt Nellie, used to roll her eyes about!
    My dad was Glenn's #1 fan and when my dad was near death from Alzheimers disease, he always asked for Glenn and would says things like "Is Glenn around? Is he okay?" I would tell my dad that Glenn was on tour and my dad would think and then nod okay. When Glenn heard about my dad's passing (September 13, 2014), Glenn had his assistant contact me and state he wanted to see me and my immediate family backstage a the concert in Fresno at the SaveMart Center. I took two of my daughters and we got backstage to see Glenn. He didn't look very well then and I asked him if he was feeling okay and he stated "Oh, don't worry, just some issues I'm dealing with." My daughters were star struck and we got to sit in the family section during the concert. During that Fresno concert Glenn, even mentioned my father who used to work for the Fresno Bee (which brought cheers from the Fresno audience) and he looked over at me. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes as my father had only passed the month before.)
    Glenn was really a down home person and always put family first. He was genuine!
    Since we both share the same grandparents, he even arranged and of course paid for our late grandmothers accommodations in a rest home until her death.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    That's fabulous, Cuz! How excited you all must have been! Shortly after Glenn's death I remember a cousin telling (not here) about how he had stopped by their house in Arizona on the way to California; and also about how their dad had been very supportive of him. Was that you? Whatever the case, we would love to hear any (non-personal, of course) stories you cared to share. We know Glenn loved his family very much! Thanks for sharing!
    P.S. : I also remember Glenn telling of an uncle who played piano for them!
    Take it Easy and Have a Peaceful Easy Feeling

@GC -- That's a wonderful story, and doesn't surprise me at all. Thank you so much for sharing it. We appreciate it!

Thank you, GlennsCuz, for sharing your memories of Glenn! It’s so great to hear from someone who knew him firsthand.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for sharing that, GC.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yes, thank you GlennsCuz, very nice of you to share your thoughts and feelings. I never met Glenn but have seen him in concert since the beginnng of his career. He was truly blessed in so many ways.

Stuck on the Border

GC - Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us here. I remember reading way back when about Glenn stopping at a Uncle's house in Calf. who he was close to before arriving in LA. It is so nice to hear your first hand stories of him. Thank You again.

Thanks, Cuz! I'm so glad you have such sweet memories to look back on , and I appreciate your sharing them with us. I cherish every story.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks GC for sharing these stories with us.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

Gah- I just leave the Smugglers Blues/Miami Vice Glenn, with the facial hair.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time