Page 44 of 201 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Pippin - Glenn loved cats. He had a cat named "Charlie" who had a Charlie Chaplin type mustache, thus the name. I did not know that picture of him holding the cats was taken at the same time. That must also be from the same photo shoot where Glenn is sitting on a ledge with a can of coke in his hand.
    I wonder if one of the cats is Charlie ? I read an interview years ago(back in the 80's) where he stated he loved cats and dogs and stated he had two dogs and a cat.

Groupie - I know right ! Not a single 3e party story out there for us to read about !

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love that photo too and the others from that shoot. And cracking up at your comments Pippin but I totally agree with you as I wouldn't stand a chance either. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

See? I KNEW I loved him for many reasons. He was also a cat person! I kind of doubt either of those cats in his lap were Charlie, since they were both solid black (no place for a mustache. LOL). I say they were from the same shoot since he's wearing the same clothes, his hair looks about the same length and he has on those spectacularly ratty sneakers. Hehe. Maybe the first wife, whatever her problems were, had a talk with him about dressing well. In some of those 70s pictures, he looks like a ragpicker's child. Or an unmade bed. LOLOLOL. Not that I'd mind too much, but still....

If you look carefully in the opening scene of "You Belong to the City," you'll see there's a beautiful Siamese cat in the apartment with him.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - I remember that cat in the video. I think his clothing choices improved after 1975 - he did not dress in ragged jeans anymore and wore more button down shirts. Also, who can forget the yellow socks in that photo shoot ! I guess those were the only clean socks as he needed to do his laundry-lol ! I also think all those pictures were taken during the same photo shoot. Gotta love a guy who loves animals.

His first wife was a deb from Texas and from a wealthy family. They started dating around 1976. Maybe she had an effect on his clothing choices. He sure learned fast as he was a sharp dresser from 1980 onward.

I wouldn't bet those yellow socks were clean. Lol. Probably what was on top of the pile and matched. Assuming they actually matched. There's no telling. Unless he had a cleaning lady come in, I'm betting the filth was legendary. Lolololol

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Lol ! I remember reading articles stating that when Glenn and Don lived together Glenn was the "lovable slob" and Don was like Felix Madison-lol I have a feeling Glenn was like my 20 something nephews who were slobs when it came to taking care of their bedroom/dorm rooms/college apt. When I went to visit I would have to walk around the dirty clothes on the floor and could not help myself to gather up the numerous soda and water bottles all over the place. I did not touch the dirty dishes...
    I would guess that changed after he had enough money to pay someone to clean.

@GoranV: Great pic! Thanks for sharing it!

Glenn's hair looks better than the girlfriend's! LOL.
    Last edited by Pippinwhite; 08-12-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Great pic of Glenn and his GF and I love the turquoise ring he's wearing. Wish we could see his cuff bracelet.

A new one to me, anyway. No info on the photographer or origin. Just, yum, yum.