Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiocoach View Post
    Thought I was dealing with it pretty well after a week...just read the Cameron Crowe article and back to extreme sadness. Anyone else riding the wave?
    I was reading somewhere that of course the fate of the eagles is uncertain and that at least Don and Joe have their respective careers. but that leaves Timothy. and I remember in the documentary he mentioned them having issues and them breaking up and he had to hustle. which i'm sure he will be ok but this time if they are really done he has to go thru it all over again. that made me cry. again. but one thing about him he flew high with them til the end. i'm definitely riding the wave.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Of course, Timothy does have a solo career, just like Joe and Don. Many on this board saw him on his last tour and have greatly enjoyed Expando. There was a significant PR push for the album.

Also, he seems to really enjoy collaborating on others' projects.

But, no more hustling for Timothy. He is almost 70 years old and is wealthier than he could ever have imagined. Hoping he will just do what makes him happy from now on, musically and personally.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Just heard The Long Run on the radio. I can listen to non Glenn singing Eagles songs, but when Don sang "Kinda bent, but we ain't breaking" I thought of the photos of Glenn and Don acting "kinda bent", and I got teary eyed.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Same here, AG. When I first heard The Long Run the next day after I found out about Glenn's death, that's all I could think of when they went to that line. We won't get to see that part anymore.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I agree. maybe it is time to settle and enjoy life. do a side gig every now and then. I just feel for those men. I really do.

Now this story said he had the abdominal surgery:

http://tasteofcountry.com/glenn-frey...ays-bob-seger/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - most of the accounts that we've seen over the last week say that he had the surgery in November, so I'm leaning toward believing that he did. Down the road I will probably be more interested in getting to the bottom of this if possible since I am such a stickler for detail; but right now, for me, it seems very irrelevant one way or the other. This isn't a judgment, just referring to my own current state of mind.

And I've said before, I am so glad to see so many old members that have returned to post their thoughts and share in our grief about Glenn's passing. I am so grateful that we have this board and, hopefully, these threads will stand as a living memorial to this amazingly talented man. It has truly touched my heart to see all of you back here and I thank all of you so much. In the coming days, months, and even years as we look back in these threads, I think seeing how much Glenn was loved will be a big comfort to those of us who loved him so much.

And BTW - it's great to welcome all of the new members that have joined as well. It also touching to know that we've had nearly 100 new member join the board since the news broke of Glenn's passing.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

A week now. Hard to believe. My life will never be the same.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hey folks, i know felder and henley have written about glenn...but have walsh, leadon or meisner? If so links?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - most of the accounts that we've seen over the last week say that he had the surgery in November, so I'm leaning toward believing that he did. Down the road I will probably be more interested in getting to the bottom of this if possible since I am such a stickler for detail; but right now, for me, it seems very irrelevant one way or the other. This isn't a judgment, just referring to my own current state of mind.
    Given the outcome, it really is irrelevent. However, I'll point out that the story that Glenn hadn't been well enough for the surgery was from the LA Times citing Irving Azoff as its source.