Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Harvey

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hurricane Harvey

Houston and Delilah - I am so happy to hear you and your families are safe. Please stay safe. Soda, same goes for your Mom and Dad. My thoughts and prayers will continue be with you all.

So glad to hear that all Borderers and families/friends are doing ok with Harvey rushing through. I will continue to keep everyone in my prayers. I am in north east Texas (50 miles east of Dallas) so all we have gotten so far is cooler weather. Stay safe everyone!

comparison photo
    Allen Parkway, Memorial, Waugh overpass, Spotts park and Buffalo Bayou park completely under water.

I finally saw a post from my best friend. She's ok. I texted her this past weekend and I tried calling her, but I guess the cell towers are not working.

I just found out that her parents had to be rescued because the water was coming into their house and her father was also experiencing chest pains from the stress. Her parents are safe and at her house.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-29-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I am so thankful for everyone here on The Border and the fact that their friends & families in the Houston area are safe.
    I drive down Memorial Drive into downtown every day to work. It is a beautiful sunrise view of the parks on either side & the downtown skyline. It is so sad seeing it covered in water as is shown on the photo above.

Thank you everyone.

I'm glad to hear affected Borderers and their families are safe as well. Only a day or two more of this (hopefully). It's not so bad for my family but for those who are anxious to start repairing and drying out or to return to their homes, the wait can be difficult and stressful.

These pictures and others I've seen are just unreal. I'll be so glad to see the sun shining again.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Glad all our Borderers are safe! The news has been unreal. My point of comparison is the April 2011 tornadoes that devastated Alabama. My town didn't get hit, thanks be to God, but they were literally all around us. The devastation was beyond comprehension in Tuscaloosa and the small towns of Hackleburg and Phil Campbell. We saw power crews from Texas coming in to help, and I'm sure the Texas folks will be seeing Alabama Power and TVA trucks in when it's safe to get around.

Keep us updated on how you're all doing!

My best thoughts and well wishes to all affected by this.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I am so happy all our border friends and families are safe. The images from tv are just heart breaking. I remember Hurricane Sandy and the damage it caused to New Jersey and New York. New Jersey has sent volunteer Red Cross workers, our National Guard and people are taking donations to send to Texas. I remember seeing power crews from Texas, Ala. and numerous other states to help us. We are doing the same. My prayers continue to be with all the people in Texas and La.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 08-29-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so glad all of you are doing ok too. I have a FB friend now who did have to leave their house with her husband and dog and her husband is wheelchair bound so it was difficult for them but they did get to a shelter. Everyone else I know in Texas seems to be ok or out of the area that's affected. Can't imagine what they are going through.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."