Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: JD Souther

Default Re: JD Souther

This an article from last year that I don’t believe has been posted here (maybe in the Remembering Glenn thread?). The part about the LB album is interesting to me esp. after hearing the songs for the first time on the Eagles SiriusXM station. The part about keeping in touch with old friends is probably familiar to most.

On his first album with Longbranch Pennywhistle

I listen to it now and think, That's not very good. I think (it lacks) the maturity to know what to leave out, and what's the appropriate investment for a song of any particular topic. Jackson Browne said to me once, "It's a big song about a small story," and I knew exactly what he meant. There's a way to invest the (big) stories with more detail and more length. It just sounds immature to me. I'd only been writing for a couple years, and that was the first bunch of even decent songs.

On whether he is still close to the musicians he came up with

I'm very close to (Ronstadt), I'm still very close to Jackson, I talk to him all the time. Don and I keep sending each other the same silly emails we always have. Probably the person I saw the least of the last few years, to my regret, was Glenn. It hit us all very hard that he died. I was his first partner, he was my first songwriting partner and best friend. When we were just babies we did a lot of really crazy stuff for no money, just for anyone who would let us play.
    “JD Souther has written everything, for everyone” Chicago Tribune, May 19, 2016

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

JD is on my bucket list MUST SEE LIVE in 2018 along with Justin Hayward. I'm hoping to see both of them in the best intimate venue possible ... LOL dream on Dawn.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Dawn. I don't know if you're from Memphis, but he was just there in September. I actually didn't know he was going to be there until it was too late because I had tickets to see Peter Cetera the night before.

I think Soda went to see him.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-02-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I would love to see JD too. My bucket list is expanding.
    Good thing I bought one Mega Millions and one Power Ball lottery tickets(jack pots total around 800 million). Now I have about a one in 250 million chance of winning - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I would love to see JD too. My bucket list is expanding.
    Good thing I bought one Mega Millions and one Power Ball lottery tickets(jack pots total around 800 million). Now I have about a one in 250 million chance of winning - lol.
    OH, I hope you get a chance to go NKIT! I think he does a very nice show, he likes smaller intimate venues with good acoustics and seats, where he can talk to the audience sharing stories. From what I gather he still has a great voice and I expect to fall in love the minute he starts singing When You're Only Lonely. (I seriously love that song it's one of my all time favorites by any artist/group.)

Banned

J.D. Souther will be playing venues all over the country from January through March. To check on upcoming dates, go to his website at

jdsouther.net

Thanks, I have been looking at the different dates and cities for awhile now. Some really cool venues that's for sure and I hope fans who want to see him will each get the chance.

I would love to see JD in concert. I couldn't see him when he came to Memphis this past September because I had just saw Peter Cetera the night before and I really wasn't going to do another 3 hour trip the following day. I kinda wished I knew he was coming to Memphis a little sooner and I probably would had done both concert.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border BerniesSurfboard's Avatar

I'll be seeing JD tonight in Chicago.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awesome, BSb. Please come back and let us know all about the show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016