Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney

Default Re: Paul McCartney

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhKmMWG3WE[/ame]

Mull of Kintyre is a really beautiful song

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

MF - thank you for your beautiful tribute to Sir Paul. He has always been my favorite Beatle as well. However, just like the Eagles, I believe that every member of The Beatles was/is an extraordinarily talented human being.

I wish him many more years of success and happiness. Keep on rockin' Paul!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Love that Paul McCartney pout! How cute is he there?!

I got this in a radio station email celebrating Paul's birthday:

"McCartney is the most successful songwriter in history, having written or co-written 30 U.S. Number One hits."

Wow! A true icon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

What a fine tribute to Paul's birthday you have put up MF, PM and EL. He was certainly a veru good looking man in his day and still is for his age. The B&W pics are so classic.

Happy Birthday Paul
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

MF, to answer your question (I didn't quote your post because the board is very slow today):

I saw the Off The Ground/New World tour in 1992 (not 1982 as I said in my post). It was the only solo tour he's done down here. I was on the stadium floor in the front row of the second section about halfway back so I had a great view. The highlight was probably the fireworks during Live & Let Die and of course the Beatles songs. I guess I can say that I got to see the late lamented Lady Linda.

I must say as a general observation however that the quality of some of his solo work isn't perhaps as great as it should be. There are a lot of 'filler' tracks on those albums. Some of them which I had on record I didn't bother buying on CD - albums like McCartney II (even though that contains Waterfalls), Pipes Of Peace & Press To Play. The only recent album I have is Flaming Pie, most of which I think is pretty good.

If you want to hear something different though, check out the Unplugged and CHOBA B CCCP albums. I am sure that Mrs Frey would appreciate the version of That's All Right Mama on the Russian album - and there is a fantastic version of Ain't No Sunshine on Unplugged.

Paul is set to be the first concert opener this summer at CitiField, the new home of the NY Mets. Billy Joel was the last concert closer last summer at Shea Stadium, along with some special guests (John Mayer is the only one that comes to mind immediately)---they called it "The Last Play at Shea", which I thought was clever. I'm not sure yet how they are billing Paul's shows there.

My hubby and I saw Paul in Madison Square Garden back in Dec. 1989 on our 3rd date...it was a GREAT show! I guess it was the Flowers in the Dirt album tour, which we then both got each other as part of our Christmas gifts.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I just heard that Paul sold out not one but three concerts at the Mets CitiField this July!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    MF - thank you for your beautiful tribute to Sir Paul. He has always been my favorite Beatle as well. However, just like the Eagles, I believe that every member of The Beatles was/is an extraordinarily talented human being.

I wish him many more years of success and happiness. Keep on rockin' Paul!!!
    Oh, it's an absolute pleasure, Dreamer. Thank you for your kind words. I must admit, though, that even though it appears through my tribute that Paul is my favourite Beatle, my favourite is actually John Lennon. The thing is that my love for The Beatles is such that I'm crazy about all the members of the band, and I get emotional about all of them. I've always just had that little bit of extra love in my heart for John. I plan to start a thread for him soon.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Love that Paul McCartney pout! How cute is he there?!

I got this in a radio station email celebrating Paul's birthday:

"McCartney is the most successful songwriter in history, having written or co-written 30 U.S. Number One hits."

Wow! A true icon!
    Cute indeed, Brooke! I just want to hug him. And kiss him too, if I must be honest! Sorry, Glenn !

Paul's achievement, as quoted by you, is certainly remarkable. Thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    What a fine tribute to Paul's birthday you have put up MF, PM and EL. He was certainly a veru good looking man in his day and still is for his age. The B&W pics are so classic.

Happy Birthday Paul
    Thanks for the compliment, GA! And yes, Paul was and is absolutely gorgeous. Isn't it amazing when these unbelievably talented men come in such beautiful packages?