Page 168 of 195 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Rebel

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I saw the film when I went to the unveiling at Walden in September. It is an excellent film - VERY will done, with lots of beautiful shots of Walden. Robert Redford does a first-rate job of narrating it, but Don also does a good bit of narration and he looks and sounds great - very professional and knowledgeable, and of course, his lovely voice lends itself well to narration. I was hoping to go to the event, but being unemployed right now, even the $35 tickets are a little steep for me. I look forward to watching it again the next time I go to Walden, though.

I'm not sure who does Thoreau's voice on the film - it may be Redford,but I think it might a different actor. Whoever it is, he does a fantastic job!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    A little sneak peek of Walden, a 20 minute documentary. There's suppose to be a viewing of Walden on November 8th and Don will be there. I'm guessing Don is narrating it.

https://vimeo.com/240196293?mc_cid=5...eid=a7df910ab7
    https://vimeo.com/240193355
    Thank you for the update Shun. I am so excited about his documentary can not wait until it's released. Ken Burns is one of the best. Don and others are to be commended for their work .. listen, indeed.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

An article about the Walden premiere last week. I read a few recaps from people who went last Wednesday and at the reception, some of them did get to meet Don. I guess the $100.00 VIP was worth it. I probably would had gone for that since that's not really expensive.

http://bcheights.com/2017/11/12/wald...e-modern-life/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    An article about the Walden premiere last week. I read a few recaps from people who went last Wednesday and at the reception, some of them did get to meet Don. I guess the $100.00 VIP was worth it. I probably would had gone for that since that's not really expensive.

http://bcheights.com/2017/11/12/wald...e-modern-life/
    That would have been nice to attend, Shun. BTW, I love your avatar! Those eyes, oh my.

Thanks. This is my favorite picture from the HFO era. I changed it in honored the HFO anniversary last week. I might keep it for a while.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thank you for posting the article Shun. It seems this documentary won’t be released to the public but if it’s only 20 minutes long, I’m not surprised. (the video link has already expired).

Walden, the documentary, will be on display at the visitor center at Walden Woods, a location more than half a million people visit annually to learn about the life and legacy of Henry David Thoreau and transcendentalist philosophy as a whole. While the short documentary is effectively inaccessible to larger audiences, Henley teased he may be open to a larger preservation project in the years to come.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

There's a link to the 20 minute documentary, but I don't have the link on me at this moment. I will look for it. I know it on the vimeo website.

I found it. I post Walden in the video thread.

Out on the Border

Hi everyone, I'm new here

As I have recently rediscovered The Eagles I was googling on them looking for news and informations...until I ended up on this http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...ions-from.html and I was, rather indeed I AM like this
    Cannot find appropriate words to comment but creepy.
    I always liked Don and I already had read the story of that night but this advancement of the question just leaves me shocked.
    Last edited by Meerstern; 11-27-2017 at 01:23 PM.