Page 116 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Interesting stuff, soda. I'll bet more details are yet to come. FM never seemed to be as tight-lipped as the Eagles about this kind of drama within the band.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Dreamer Irving is evil because he has basically made Ticketmaster the ONLY ticketing Agency who rip off fans with ridiculous fees and allow scalpers to take all the good seats from true fans and lets the scalpers charge over 100% of their original prices.

Here is a article
    http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/dep...ms-1202741073/
    And tm2 - I don't want to take this thread too far off topic, but I have said many times on this board that I believe the practice of scalping your own tickets is unethical. I certainly think Irving bears some responsibility for this and don't approve of everything he does, for sure. However, it may be semanics, but I guess I just object to the use of the term 'evil'. I perceive it as a very inflammatory term and reserve it only for the most heinous and wicked people. While I agree that Irving is taking advantage of others, he is not forcing anyone to do anything that they aren't willing to do. He can't get away with unethical practices if there aren't people willing to pay these prices. What he is doing isn't even illegal, although it probably should be.

It's a good topic though and we have several threads on the board where this has been discussed if you are interested.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

TM2 thanks for that link! Suoer interesting. I'm going to search for the threads on this topic and post my thoughts there. Thanks again! - Dawn

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    My own circle of friends with whom I travel to see FM shows are Stevie fans first and foremost, and they are all willing to go see the Mac without Lindsey, even though they are unhappy about his firing.
    Soda, forgive me for assuming but I thought you were primarily a Stevie person too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    TM2 thanks for that link! Suoer interesting. I'm going to search for the threads on this topic and post my thoughts there. Thanks again! - Dawn
    Your welcome I can send you a couple more links on Irving if you want. PM me if you do. Don’t want to de rail the thread

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

For those interested in other threads where Irving and ticket prices/practices are discussed, here are a couple of links:

Irving Azoff News

Eagles Ticket Prices

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    For those interested in other threads where Irving and ticket prices/practices are discussed, here are a couple of links:

Irving Azoff News

Eagles Ticket Prices
    Many thanks - very helpful!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Soda, forgive me for assuming but I thought you were primarily a Stevie person too?
    It depends on what you mean. I would rather go to see Fleetwood Mac with the Rumours 5 than a Stevie solo show; they have a unique chemistry; overall, I think Fleetwood Mac's music is stronger than Stevie's solo work. They simply make better music together than they do on their own.

On the other hand, she is the one whose music has really resonated with me emotionally. In that sense, I am a "Stevie person." And that makes her betrayal particularly hard to bear. My heroine is the destroyer, and she has blasted the path to the pinnacle even for herself.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

Back in the '70s I RM'ed Christopher Cross as opening act on a Fleetwood Mac tour. I think it was in the '70s; you know how it is when you've just had your 64th birthday (subtle Happy Birthday! request).

So we - Cross crew, band, and CC himself - were told by Mac's people the following:

"When Stevie Nicks and Christine MacVie come out of their dressing rooms, don't make eye contact, don't say anything, don't even look at them when they pass by."

OK. Well, we all started wearing sunglasses backstage (my idea), which I guess took the strain off everybody. In truth, we found both Stevie and Christine to be very friendly, particularly Christine, who was single at the time and who I wanted to spirit away to live forever in some exotic locale like Wheeling, West Virginia.

Somehow, that never happened...
    Last edited by peneumbra; 04-14-2018 at 10:44 PM.

So this is what some pissed off fans have been up to in Los Angeles:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

PENEUMBRA----interesting choice of exotic locations. I could walk from my childhood home in eastern Ohio across the Ohio River Bridge into Wheeling, WV. Exotic location?? I'll have to give that some thought😉!!