Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timothy In The UK 2017

Default Re: Timothy In The UK 2017

Like Nancy I have found TBS to be quite accessible. He stopped and signed a bunch of autographs for fans after his gig at the Coronet at the Largo in Beverly Hills back in Oct. 2009. This was not a planned event-it just happened.

Here's a pix of me standing in line. But again, it was after the gig. Seems like the best time to catch him.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timothyswife View Post
    Timothy today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfNIYGfkKM It's a shame that people don't understand the concept of personal space and the word no.
    We're not sure those people were even fans. Why was it all older men? Maybe I'm assuming too much, but they seemed like those professional autograph collectors, i.e. they turn around and sell it on Ebay.

They might be, I don't really know but I've never really understood the concept of autographs. It's only a pen mark. What makes it so special? This video is just an example of what most celebs face when out in public. I shared it because I was wondering if any of you felt the same way about the issue. I understand that people want things but why can't they just accept the fact that he said no and then just give the man some space. Maybe just wait till later when he has more time. I know this isn't the way it works but it's a nice thought. They're just people I too would like to be able to thank him someday but there's a time for it. It just seems that sometimes people just aren't good at seeing when is the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's a link for the Michael Ball show. Tim appears about 1 hour 24 min in, after "Reelin' in the Years". (Unfortunately my husband came in and started talking just about that time when I trying to listen live, so I I haven't heard much of it, yet).
    Thank you for the link, and you're a good wife not to say, "Babe, hush - I'm trying to hear this."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    We're not sure those people were even fans. Why was it all older men? Maybe I'm assuming too much, but they seemed like those professional autograph collectors, i.e. they turn around and sell it on Ebay.
    And, I've seen those guys in action. When Glenn Frey and his son did a benefit concert at the Roxy some years ago, I ran into two guys in the parking lot who were doing just that. They both had mailbag pouches full of old collectibles (mostly vinyl) and I do believe Glenn signed some of them. But, here's the kicker. We ran into the same two guys the next night at a Tom Petty Mudcrunch one-off in Malibu trying to get TP's signature.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I admit to be taken aback by Timothy's attitude; it just seemed out of character for him. However, I did notice the same thing about these "fans"--it's quite possible Timothy's camp recognized who they were and that's why they were given the brush-off.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

At last something to report.

Timothy B Schmit will be on BBC Radio 2, Drivetime next, Wednedsay (22 Feb), chatting with presenter, Simon Mayo. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08f404h

The most recently played TBS track, on the entire BBC, was Goodbye My Love, which opened Iain Anderson's BBC Radio Scotland, show on Valentine's Day; http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08cvyc8.

Border Troubadour

I believe Simon Mayo is a big Eagles fan too. I can recall TBS and Glenn appearing on the same show when they were over here years ago promoting HOTE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Timothy's interview with Ricky Ross will air on Feb 28Th at 21:00 GMT
    Ricky's show is called 'Another Country' on BBC Radio Scotland
    Interview and session
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08g7ssf

The last time Timothy did a promo trip to the UK, he performed quite a selection of solo live tracks, including Stevie Winwood's Can't Find My Way Home. I hope he performs something besides Red Brick Road during the Ricky Ross show next Tuesday.

Oh gosh, I can just imagine Timmy singing "Can't Find My Way Home"; that must've been lovely.