Page 95 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    That's probably an age-group thing. For those aware of music in the 60s, I'd agree. But for someone too young for that, then a lot of people became fans in the 70s with the success of Fleetwood Mac and Rumours.
    I'd agree with that. Albatross was a #1 hit in 1968 and then a hit again in 1972 or 73, so that covers me through from a child to early teenager. However, I remember Rumours being popular as an album, just not any of the singles.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'd agree with that. Albatross was a #1 hit in 1968 and then a hit again in 1972 or 73, so that covers me through from a child to early teenager. However, I remember Rumours being popular as an album, just not any of the singles.
    1976 was the year I really started getting into music. So, that biases me considerably. I heard Albatross, but as a historical thing. I was heavily into The Beatles when I was young, but that happened differently - due to Beatles films being shown on TV.

Seven Wonders (Early Version) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHlPllTVJs

I really like demos and early versions because I like just hearing a bare bones take on them. I thoroughly enjoy listening to these FM releases with the demos, and I might pick up Tango in the Night Deluxe or Expanded. I wouldn't feel out of a loss not having the live disc, which would probably not be in the Expanded version. If there's no Lindsey in the Live disc, then I don't really care to have it.

I wish Don H wasn't so against demos being officially released. Please correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that Henley doesn't want demos released. It could have been Glenn, but I thought it was more Henley.

Has anyone read the latest Uncut magazine issue featuring Lindsey and Christine? I haven't gotten it because I'm lazy at the moment.

I've heard that it talked about the new album of course. I think I've heard that there may be small gigs promoting the new album w/ Lindsey and Christine. I have no clue if John and Mick will be a part of it. There will be a farewell tour of Fleetwood Mac in 2018. I think Lindsey said that he hopes to have a solo album at the end of the year, and he's working on a retrospective starting from Law and Order. Let's face it, if Lindsey gets another solo album out at the end of the year, I'll be darned.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

You can or could buy the magazine for 99p from Google Play Newstand. A bargain at that price, IMHO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Seven Wonders (Early Version) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHlPllTVJs

I really like demos and early versions because I like just hearing a bare bones take on them. I thoroughly enjoy listening to these FM releases with the demos, and I might pick up Tango in the Night Deluxe or Expanded. I wouldn't feel out of a loss not having the live disc, which would probably not be in the Expanded version. If there's no Lindsey in the Live disc, then I don't really care to have it.

I wish Don H wasn't so against demos being officially released. Please correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that Henley doesn't want demos released. It could have been Glenn, but I thought it was more Henley.
    I think both Glenn and Don disapprove of releasing stuff that wasn't designed for public consumption but Henley's more of a "malcontent" shall we say.

I bought a triple album (3 vinyl LPs) of Stevie Nicks demos. She said she has fans who preferred the demos to the polished official releases. I was surprised by the general poor quality of the recordings but she's obviously a great singer, even off duty.

A few Buckingham McVie shows have been announced for July. No doubt more dates will be added. Although we still have no release date for the new album, I assume it will be released before the shows!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I hope this Buckingham / McVie venture is a great success;

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...ine-mcvie.html

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Hope to see them in Nashville on 6-23. What Fleetwood Mac songs do you think they would include in their setlist?

I plan on going to at least two of these shows - maybe even three or four. I'm really jazzed about it!

I think we'll be guaranteed "World Turning", "Don't Stop", "Go Your Own Way", "Big Love", "I'm So Afraid", "Never Going Back Again", "Tusk", "Trouble", "You'll Make Lovin' Fun", "Oh Daddy", and "Say You Love Me." "Got a Hold on Me" might get played since it was the closest thing Christine had to a solo hit; "Love Will Show Us How" got some air play, too. It's so hard to predict what she'll do since she's never toured solo.

I think "Hold Me" and "Little Lies" are also very likely, although they weren't played on the last Fleetwood Mac tour. "Bleed to Love Her" also might make the cut.

Tracks off the new album will be included; Lindsey usually puts in a good amount - maybe four. The only one I've heard is "Sleeping Around the Corner" and I like it.

I'm hoping we also get "Think About Me", "Holiday Road", "Soul Drifter", "Why", and/or "Songbird." I don't claim these are realistic hopes. She stopped playing "Songbird" with the Mac in the middle of the last tour, too.... Apparently it hurt her hands.

I imagine they'll be bringing in at least one extra guitarist and extra keyboardist, both of whom will be expected to sing backup if the past is any indication, along with the required drummer and bass player.

I'm wondering if Christine will stay behind the keyboards like she does for the most part at Fleetwood Mac concerts, of if she'll take center stage with Lindsey. I think she'll be forced to come out more; that's one of the reasons I think they'll have an extra pianist/keyboardist. Then again, it might be terrifying for her to not have the security of a keyboard in front of her for more than a couple songs.

She's so sedate and Lindsey is so manic... it will make for an odd couple. Lindsey and Stevie played off each other's passion onstage and they both loved to showboat. Sometimes you got a sense they were competing with each other and it intensified their performances. Christine is a different kind of personality. It should be interesting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten