Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

So very sad that Glenn has passed away.

I like to think that when he got to the other side, Glenn picked up a guitar, told the 'plaintiff ' joke, then started to strum the first bars of Lyin' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I never said this on the board but in mid-December, I had a very intense dream where Glenn was in a lot of pain but was telling me it would be alright. Debbie (Houston Baby) had a dream the same night, although it was a lot more positive. At the time, we talked about it and thought it was just a manifestation of our concern for him but now, hearing that he has been in a coma, I wonder if God was trying to prepare us. Perhaps that's silly but I wonder.
    Not silly at all, Soda! Never been much of a skeptic when it comes to these things. Through your dreams, you and HB shared special connections with Glenn, and thank you for sharing them with the rest of us.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I can't stop crying. I feel physically ill. I can barely type because my hands are shaking.

I know I'm just a fan and I can only imagine what his family is going through, but my heart is broken and it hurts. It hurts bad.
    I don't want to do much of anything. I loved all the others but this one I think broke me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

It interesting the way a person you've never met can have such an effect you. For as long as I can recall, Lyin' Eye's has been in my top 10 favorite songs of all time. The Eagles really are the soundtrack of my life. I loved them before I "knew" them. As a kid, I clearly remember hearing The One You Love on the radio and waiting for it to play again. (Just now realizing both songs have to do with loving someone you aren't with- hmmm- interesting) I didn't know that was Glenn until years later, heck, at that time, I didn't even know Glenn was an Eagle. My friend/co-worker walked in today saw me and started crying. She is also a fan of the Eagles. She was playing Glenn's performance of Desperado from Letterman on her phone. We talked about the end of an era. It hurts our hearts to come to terms with his passing. My own sadness pales in comparison to those who know or have connected with him on a different level. If I'm sad, they are devastated. I can't imagine the countless people who cried themselves to sleep last night and woke with tears this morning. Glenn touched people through his music. Thankfully, we have that to hold on to.

Years ago, when I first found this site, there was fear put into me that "this could be the last time the Eagle's tour". I quickly bought a ticket to see them in Chicago. Then a few years later, they came back and I had to see them again, because the fear they may not tour again, this really could be it. Last time they were here, I skipped the show, thinking, these guys are never going to retire, I'll catch them next time. Ah, hindsight.

So many lyrics have been posted here and elsewhere that can apply to Glenn's passing. My Man, It's Your World Now... fitting and sad. Don said it best (doesn't he always), "It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it." Yes Don, it will. I've felt these guys would be rocking well into their 80's... and given the chance, I believe Glenn would have.

Default :(

please feel free to move this to a section that sees it fit. but I found this and I thought you guys would want to read it.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/irvin...death-comment/

I really hope the memorial will be shown like Micheal Jacksons and hope that Randy and Felder will join Don,Joe Timothy and Bernie nothing could make Glenn happier then seeing all of his brothers pay tribute to him.

my above comment got chopped off cause of the site issues. but I had said that I didn't wanna do much of anything. I'm still broken over this. I loved the other ones who left us but this one really hit me. and I think this will be one hell of a memorial. I'm pretty sure they will all be there.

Stuck on the Border

You rarely see Gene Simmons this emotional. And it's so great what he speaks about Glenn here - what Glenn did when KISS was inducted to the HOF.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1267462

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    "When he shall die, cut him into little stars,and he shall make the heavens so fond, that all the world will fall in love with the night and pay no worship to the garish sun."

From Romeo & Juliet.

Also

'Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest'.

(Hamlet)

And more brutally, though I will omit the two lines just before it:

'Thou'llt come no more,
    Never, never, never, never, never'.

(King Lear)

I wish to thank each & every one of you for the sentiments you have expressed here.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-19-2016 at 05:41 PM.

One of the best Eagles songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqtTrxX-cfE