Page 284 of 301 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

After that feat, can you work out when Azoff was manager for individuals as well as the band?

As far as I can tell, he has been manager for Don Henley throughout.
    He stopped managing Glenn some time between 1982 and 1984 but they must have remained on good terms, as Azoff was behind Glenn's move to the MCA record label.

In 1994, Azoff was manager for the band and presumably Henley. Felder also seems to have considered Azoff to be his manager at this time. Meanwhile, Glenn and Joe had their own managers (Peter Lopez and David Spero, respectively).

From around 2000 or 2001, Azoff managed everyone (except Felder, I assume). According to Spero, Joe was given the choice of being managed by Azoff or being treated as a sideman. Spero also claims that Azoff never wanted him involved in 1994, but Glenn stood up for him. It seems like there was a lot more going on than the firing of Felder in those 2000/2001 negotiations.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

No, I've never been able to work out Randy's management path either. He stayed with Front Line after he left the Eagles, but had trouble getting booked for concerts which led to his suspicion that Azoff was blackballing or otherwise hindering him in the industry. After a confrontation between the two men in 1978, Randy eventually went with Trudy Green. Ms. Green worked closely with Howard Kaufman at Front Line and later HK Management. So... Randy was still on Irving's farm so to speak.

Stuck on the Border

You can sometimes find it on the liner notes. Soda has transcribed the line notes for all of the Eagles albums and all of Glenn Frey's, which makes those easy to find.

Glenn:
    No Fun Aloud (1982): Irving Azoff and Front Line ManagementThe Allnighter (1984): The Fitzgerald-Hartley Co.
    Soul Searchin' (198: The Fitzgerald-Hartley Co.
    Strange Weather (1992): Peter Lopez
    Solo Collection (1995): Peter Lopez

Eagles:
    Eagles (1972): Direction The Geffen-Roberts Co.
    Desperado (1973): Direction The Geffen-Roberts Co.
    On the Border (1974): Irv Azoff and David Geffen get thanks. No credit for "direction" or "management".
    One of These Nights (1975): "Special Thanks To Irv Azoff, And Everyone At Front Line Management"
    Hotel California (1976):
    Direction: Front Line Management
    The Long Run (1979):
    Direction: IRV AZOFF and Front Line Management

Hell Freezes Over: Personal management Irving Azoff, Peter Lopez
    1972-1999: Selected Works: Irving Azoff
    The Very Best of the Eagles: Management: IRVING AZOFF - azoffmusic management
    Long Road Out of Eden: MANAGEMENT: IRVING AZOFF

Banned

Best Classic Bands have an excerpt, focusing on The Singer/Songwriter Explosion Of The ’70s, from a forthcoming book; America’s Songs III: Rock!, out in March from author Bruce Pollock.

http://bestclassicbands.com/singer-s...cerpt-2-21-17/

"In the book Pollock takes a critical look at approximately 300 songs that shaped the genre from 1953 to 1993"

I'm a little surprised to learn that Peaceful Easy Feeling was written in '68 or '69.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm a little surprised to learn that Peaceful Easy Feeling was written in '68 or '69.
    I suspect the author has that wrong. I've certainly heard Jack Tempchin describe it as a "new" song when Glenn first heard it when Glenn's band was 8 days old. The other thing I think he gets wrong is the bit about Jack hearing Henley sing PEF. I've heard Jack talk about going to that rehearsal and hearing Henley for the first time, but he didn't say what Henley was singing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Folks - It seems we have the same discussion going on in two different threads, so I'm going to move the posts here from today over to the other one. Please make any further comments about an Eagles resumption in the other thread so as to not go too far off topic in this one. Thanks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

A VVS headline featuring, 60's Beatles peer and Merseybeat stalwart, Gerry Marsden, lead singer of Gerry And The Pacemakers, caught my attention. I was reaaly surprised to see the Eagles get a mention in the text;

he fell flat on his back while performing the Eagles Peaceful Easy Feeling
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...makers-in.html

Out on the Border

Hope he's ok but what a way to go!

Banned

Gerry is ok. He was angry with the news article, bringing up his past, major heart surgery when, as he says, it was just he knee playing up.

"About 40 minutes into the show my knee started playing up, I lost my balance and my PA came up, got my guitar and got me to come off the stage. It’s a pain in the a**e rather than anything serious, well really it’s a pain in the knee. I came home and now it’s strapped up and I’m resting. It was nothing serious."

I can't imagine the guy doing any major physical gyrations while performing Peaceful Easy Feeling or would that be a Painful Kneesy Feeling

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...makers-in.html

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Found a good (and unexpected!) mention in the football section of The Times (of London) - Scott Arfield, a Scottish/Canadian who plays for Burnley FC, talks about his love of music, and how he sung Take It Easy as his initiation song on joining the club! I've provided a link, although most of the article is behind a paywall.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bi...nada-2m9chbx79

For my initiation, I sang Take It Easy by the Eagles. Fat boy music! Because it has a guitar in it! For me, it's proper music. I love music with lyrics, a story to pull me in like the Courteeners. That's massive talent, telling a story through a song.
    The term 'fat boy music' was coined by one of his team mates, who is mainly into grime music and thinks that the rock and alternative music Arfield likes is 'middle-aged men, sitting in a pub, drinking beer'!

He also mentioned TIE in an older article from a few years ago.
    http://beatsandrhymesfc.com/scott-ar...el-of-fortune/