Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The One & Only

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: The One & Only

Pippin - Hard to say ! I loved, loved, loved when Glenn played piano and missed it after he stopped for all but one song(IGTYW). However, some of the guitar shots - OMG ! I guess that means I loved them both.

Stuck on the Border

I think this one says it all. Driven, confident, a lot of fun and deep at the same time, intolerably handsome and cool as hell: http://www.billboard.com/files/style...lboard-650.jpg

Although this one was my favorite for years: http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyOTBSB01.jpg

Stuck on the Border

Chaim - YES ! That first one is one of my two top favorites ! Love him there. You said it for sure, plus so young and gorgeous in this one with his blue eyes just popping out at you. Thank You. Like everyone else has said, not to many bad pics of him.

And that hair that just begs someone to run her fingers through it.... Slurp.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just cannot decide on one, and I do want to stick to the theme of the thread rather than make it "Best of Frey Fever" lol. I used to have a favorite, but as time has passed, there have been others have risen in my estimation to tie it.

Still, I'll default to the old favorite for the purposes of this thread. It's the one that really got my attention and made me think of Glenn as the most desirable of the guys. It isn't even one that shows off his features or has a perfect pose... it just radiates passion and sensuality, and that's what struck me all those years ago.

Yes, extremely passionate as a performer. An important point. That's missing from the pic I chose.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Your favorite Glenn photo and why??

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I've not sorted a new photo hosting site, so I'll just give a link for now.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pi...eagles-0348943

or http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...hotos/?slide=6

It's a Norman Seeff photo from the One of These Nights album cover shoot. Glenn is front and central but his hair takes up even more space. I always wonder if anyone got annoyed with that, along the lines of the t-shirt scene in Almost Famous. Maybe that's why the shot didn't make the album cover.

The angle and lighting of the shot works for Glenn. It shows the sharpness of his cheekbones, his eyes are visible and the nose is well-defined.

So Glenn is looking mean and broody, the bad boy complete with leather jacket and yet the hair is so clean and shiny, he could be advertising shampoo. What could be better than a bad boy with good personal hygiene?
    This is off-topic, but Bernie looks awesome in that group pic from the OOTN photo sessions. He looks like an outsider in the official pic that was chosen, but in this one he looks....WOW!! Felder looks cooler too.

Out on the Border

Here are some pics I found today which I hadn't seen before of Glenn, Deacon, Tim.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Your favorite Glenn photo and why??

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    This is off-topic, but Bernie looks awesome in that group pic from the OOTN photo sessions. He looks like an outsider in the official pic that was chosen, but in this one he looks....WOW!! Felder looks cooler too.
    Yeah I always thought that was the best looking photo of the whole band particularly Randy with that beard!
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Again, it's been posted before, but I had to post a little Sugar to celebrate my 100th post on the forum! And a lovely little story about him.
    http://rocknycliveandrecorded.com/ni...lenn-frey.html

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Congratulations !!! I love reading your posts !