Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site network history and information

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Site network history and information

Once again, I am in awe of your talent for these things Nancy. Your All About Us was written absolutely perfect!!

I probably can't say anything that others haven't already--but you all know me and know I will try anyways!

I have only been a member about a year now (seems much longer--probably to all of you also ) but have enjoyed it long before that--I was one of those lurkers and regret that I hadn't joined earlier. As you guys know, I have been one of those forever fans, thought I knew everything but have been proven wrong many a time with new info that is found on one of the sights! This site, by far, is the best fansite out there, not only for the Eagles but I would wager bets, for any band! Nancy's love and dedication shines thru in every aspect of this group of sites!

I'm with all of you in that I can't imagine not coming to this site almost on a daily basis. I literally go thru withdraw symptoms and can't wait to check in again if not given a chance to for a day or 2. I have forged several onlines friendships thru it which I never would have imagined a few years ago. I truly love everyone here and look forward to a possible chance of meeting all of you face to face one day at the "official Border party" that the Eagles will be compelled to play SOMEDAY!!!

Nancy--you know how I feel about you~~ not only are you our fearless leader but you have become a very dear friend and for that I will always be thankful that I stumbled upon this site a couple years ago and eventually got up the nerve to sign up even tho I knew little about joining a message board. I have felt welcome from the first post.

Thank you!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks for laying it all out like that Nancy. It answered all of my questions. Knowing very little about computers and the internet, I am blown away at your tactical ability to build sites, add high quality pictures, recordings and information to them and then sustain them the way that you do. Your love of the Eagles shows through every word, every image. And thanks to everyone who has pitched in to make these sites what they are today.

I had a very vague love of Eagles music ever since I heard their first hit on the radio back in the seventies. I am also a huge Beatles fan and got to see Paul in 2002, realizing that it was something I wanted to do 'before I die' (this was long before the movie The Bucket List came out). As time went by, I realized that the only other band I had that feeling about was the Eagles. After all, their music was a part of my generation and they were now back together! We bought HFO and F1 and that confirmed my plan to see them live someday.

In July of 2008 Hubby and I saw a televised ad for a Carrie Underwood show at the University of Illinois. The opener was going to be Little Big Town. We're not really Carrie Underwood fans but we had seen the Crossroads episode with Lindsey Buckingham and Little Big Town and I thought we might enjoy seeing them. I got on TicketMaster to look for tickets and lo and behold I saw that the Eagles were going to be in Chicago September 24 and 25! Needless to say, I forgot all about the other show and concentrated on purchasing tickets to the Eagles, which I did in July.

After purchasing our tickets I began perusing the internet for reviews of their shows and shortly found myself here. I joined on August 1, 2008 and although sometimes it feels like a guilty pleasure ( I probably spend more time here than I should! ), I cannot stay away. I feel as though I know most of you already, and if we had a chance to meet the conversation would flow so easily because of the bond we've formed here. Poor Hubby - I talk more about you guys to him than other friends, family and coworkers!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 04-09-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks again, everyone. And thank you for sharing how you found this place, too, since basically the members are what make it what it is.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - thanks everyone – this is quite a lovefest going on here! I am also glad to see that Nancy posted our brief history here. I, for one, always like to know this kind of stuff, and figured some others may be interested as well. I just want to echo much of what others have said here. First of all, I agree that we owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Nancy for her devotion and tireless efforts to make all of these sites the very best that they can be. I am proud to have had the opportunity to be a small part of it. As most of you here, I am a devoted Eagles fan, and I love the fact that we have been able to create a friendly, informative community where people from around the globe can come to have a good time and share their fandom for this band. As Nancy said, that has been our focus from the beginning, and I think it is a testament to everyone involved here that we have never lost sight of our mission. Although the Eagles are the reason we are all here, the friendships forged in a community such as this are definitely a huge fringe benefit. While the admin, webmistresses, and moderators set the guidelines and tone and provide information for the sites, it is always our members who are the most important contributors. You all are what truly makes this place the wonderful community it is – so I say a huge for everyone. I will always cherish both the online and in person friendships that I have formed as a result of my participation here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just have a minute to add my thoughts here and don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said, but add me to the list of Border Lovers. This is such a wonderful place to learn all about the greatest American band EVER. And to be able to share that fandom with all you guys here, well, it's just great. I cannot even imagine all the time that you, Nancy, have put in to this board and all of the EOC sites. And to everyone that has helped, you guys rock!

Ever since I came here, it's been nothing but fun and enlightening. I have only met a couple of you in person, but I feel like all of you are my dear friends and that I've known you forever. I feel very deprived if I have to miss a day and can't wait to get here and catch up with everyone.

So, what's it all about? Love for the Eagles-The Heart Of The Matter.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well said, everybody. I definitely feel like i'm apart of a great group of friends here. I was just an observer at first till I went to my first Eagles concert on Sept. 6, 2008. I remember being so excited to finally join in on the conversations and share my concert experience. In the beginning I never would've thought that, when i'm away for more than a day, I would be so anxious to get back to my computor to check out the latest posts. A big Thank You to Nancy and all those that have taken part in making this message board come to life. I couldn't imagine a better group of people to share my love of the Eagles with. You are all great!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Again, you make this site what it is!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

I know I haven't been here very long, but I wanted to throw in my two cents worth. Soda, you and everyone else that has contributed to making these sites available have done a top notch job. It is amazing to learn that all of Eagles Online Central happened in such a short amount of time. It almost seems impossible. I applaud everyone involved! I also want to add that I've been on a few forums before this, and, although great, they simply do not offer the same welcoming environment and friendly people that you find here! Great job, guys!

I wanted to get in here and add my two cents, I love what Nancy has done to make this place what it is today, and I am thankful to have met such wonderful friends on the border

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    In the beginning I never would've thought that, when i'm away for more than a day, I would be so anxious to get back to my computor to check out the latest posts.
    Thats exactly how I feel too Peekaboo! Nearly like I am missing out on something very important if I don't get my daily 'Border Fix'. Sometimes I even end up suffering withdrawal symptoms
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP