Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hey now. Is that really necessary?
    Yes, I believe it is. Sorry, I don’t want to throw shade on this thread. But the 3.0 thread was a negative and at times toxic thread. I was attacked. I stopped posting there and I’m sure I’m not the only one who did. People left the board due to the negativity.

I understand there were fans who wanted to express their anger, frustration and disappointment. Many said their piece and then moved on. Others did not. With this new announcement I’m just anticipating some of the reactions, which are understandable. But I’d rather not take part in the negativity esp. if it’s just all more circular and repetitive arguments.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

One word answer? Yes,” the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with “an Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. We’re just talking about a handful” of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Frey’s son Deacon have stepped in to handle Frey’s vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

“The Eagles are in an experimental phase,” Azoff said. “I look at is as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I don’t know how long it’ll go. I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”

http://bestclassicbands.com/eagles-t...sive-11-14-17/

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the group’s string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

“Yes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didn’t know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glenn’s son said OK and stepped up; he’s 23 and he’s great. He doesn’t know he’s great but he’s great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and he’s a brilliant musician.

“So we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.”

No, he didn't.

To Shun & Delilah & those who are happy about this & want to talk about it, go ahead. Those of us who objected who did not 'move on' I believe will now do so. I am one of them. I have nothing further to add.

I am actually very happy with this announcement! I would love to see them again and maybe much closer to home this time.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Great news for the guys, Glenn’s family, and the fans!! Looking forward to all of the reviews.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

This is great news!!! Hopefully they will either play here in my city or another Ohio one that's close. We've already gotten a lot of good concert announcements the past couple weeks.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Delilah kindly posted Joe's interview in his press thread. Here is part of the interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing. He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California: NOTE: Bolded part in the interview was done by me.
    Quote:
    The classic Eagles album “Hotel California” is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. I’m so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. “Grateful” is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had. So that’s part of the big box. It’s great to watch. I can’t believe how young we are — I don’t even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think that’s the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.

People who posted there were wondering if Joe meant new concert footage or footage from HOTE dvd set when he was talking about discovered concert footage. I'll repost my thoughts here too-lol.
    So Joe finally confirmed it. That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 11-14-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Out on the Border

One word answer? Yes,” the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with “an Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. We’re just talking about a handful” of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Frey’s son Deacon have stepped in to handle Frey’s vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

“The Eagles are in an experimental phase,” Azoff said. “I look at is as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I don’t know how long it’ll go. I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”

http://bestclassicbands.com/eagles-t...sive-11-14-17/

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the group’s string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

“Yes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didn’t know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glenn’s son said OK and stepped up; he’s 23 and he’s great. He doesn’t know he’s great but he’s great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and he’s a brilliant musician.

“So we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.”
    Great to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah kindly posted Joe's interview in his press thread. Here is part of the interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing. He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California: NOTE: Bolded part in the interview was done by me.
    Quote:
    The classic Eagles album “Hotel California” is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. I’m so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. “Grateful” is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had. So that’s part of the big box. It’s great to watch. I can’t believe how young we are — I don’t even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think that’s the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.

People who posted there were wondering if Joe meant new concert footage or footage from HOTE dvd set when he was talking about discovered concert footage. I'll repost my thoughts here too-lol.
    So Joe finally confirmed it. That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.
    There is definitely proof they have at least more CC concert film than is in the release as in the documentary there are numerous times of them having videos from the second day or something I noticed where They showed a clip with Glenn playing old black which is not shown in the film of the concert. I REALLY hope they release film from the HOTE tour. I never saw them during that tour but some of the deeper cuts and having Bernie there made it a cool tour. I doubt they have more than 5 concerts filmed from the 70’s but who knows. I hope that at some point this stuff is released

I would love to see them in 2018. I never got a chance to see them live when Glenn was alive so I'll take my chance if they ever come to play near me.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Great news for the guys, Glenn’s family, and the fans!! Looking forward to all of the reviews.
    Have to agree with the other Mary C. Well said!