Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queen and Freddie Mercury Biopic Trailer Released

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Queen and Freddie Mercury Biopic Trailer Released

Typical Guardian overthinking that the gay angle & Parsi background has perhaps been downplayed. This was only a trailer. If it isn't done exactly how the Guardian PC police demand, it must be no good.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...sody-queerwash

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Typical Guardian overthinking that the gay angle & Parsi background has perhaps been downplayed. This was only a trailer. If it isn't done exactly how the Guardian PC police demand, it must be no good.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...sody-queerwash
    Thanks for the link FP, I must say you are exactly right ... IT IS ONLY A TRAILER.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Sacha Baron Cohen explains why he backed out.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/...ercury-biopic/

From another source ... reportedly the biopic written by Anthony McCarten (The Theory of Everything) focuses on a 15-year period from the formation of Queen and up to their performance at Live Aid in 1985, six years before Mercury’s death.

Surely the story doesn'nt end there. It can't because that wasn't the end.
    Last edited by Dawn; 05-16-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Sacha Baron Cohen explains why he backed out.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/...ercury-biopic/

From another source ... reportedly the biopic written by Anthony McCarten (The Theory of Everything) focuses on a 15-year period from the formation of Queen and up to their performance at Live Aid in 1985, six years before Mercury’s death.

Surely the story doesn'nt end there. It can't because that wasn't the end.
    It wouldn't be the first time a biopic has only told part of the story. Think of Walk The Line. That finished when Johnny Cash & June became a couple, just as he was really becoming a big name.

Default Re: Queen and Freddie Mercury Biopic Trailer Release

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time a biopic has only told part of the story. Think of Walk The Line. That finished when Johnny Cash & June became a couple, just as he was really becoming a big name.
    That is very true - I don't know why I asked the question. All things considered I am just glad the story is bring told at all and hopeful the screenplay and acting won't disappoint.

To tell the truth. I don't want to see Freddie's last few years on Earth. I'm kinda glad they are leaving that out.

Also. Most of the documentaries they have done on Queen never really went into depth of how they met and getting their record deal. I'm looking forward to seeing that in the movie. Also seeing the making of Bohemian Rhapsody and the record company complaining its too long.

I wonder how much they will get into his relationship with Mary Austin. They have her in the movie, but how much are they going to talk about it. It looks like they show Freddie meeting Jim Hutton.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. A whole movie and not other people talking about a group or their memories.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-17-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    To tell the truth. I don't want to see Freddie's last few years on Earth. I'm kinda glad they are leaving that out.

Also. Most of the documentaries they have done on Queen never really went into depth of how they met and getting their record deal. I'm looking forward to seeing that in the movie. Also seeing the making of Bohemian Rhapsody and the record company complaining its too long.

I wonder how much they will get into his relationship with Mary Austin. They have in the movie, but how much they will talk about it. It looks like they show Freddie meeting Jim Hutton.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. A whole movie and not other people talking about a group or their memories.
    Have you ever seen the video for These Are the Days of Our Lives? You can see how sick he was. They had a lot of make-up on him but you could see how sick he was, he was practically skeletal.

Like I said, I still have mixed feelings, but I might see it anyway. Is Rami Malek doing his own singing or lip-syncing to Freddie's voice?

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Have you ever seen the video for These Are the Days of Our Lives? You can see how sick he was. They had a lot of make-up on him but you could see how sick he was, he was practically skeletal.

Like I said, I still have mixed feelings, but I might see it anyway. Is Rami Malek doing his own singing or lip-syncing to Freddie's voice?
    Yes I have. I love that video and song. They did a documentary on Freddie I think a year or two ago that I thought was good. The actor that played him almost looked like Freddie. Its still on Youtube. They really went into depth of Freddie's last few years on Earth and what he had to do keep his illness a secret until the very end.

I notice that Rami's last name is almost the same as my middle name, but I have a "a" at the end.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-17-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Is Rami Malek doing his own singing or lip-syncing to Freddie's voice?
    From what I've found, singing a bit, but most of it will be Freddie himself with Rami lip syncing... and a sound-alike. Boy, they're covering all the bases here, aren't they?

https://www.etonline.com/movies/2073...emian_rhapsody

https://metro.co.uk/2017/09/06/sound...thing-6907707/

Count me in with those who love Queen, loved hearing (and seeing) Freddie Mercury sing, but on the fence about this picture.

Stuck on the Border

One of my favourite anecdotes about Freddie was the time Queen were recording A Day At The Races & the Sex Pistols were at the same studio during their extremely short stint at EMI. Sid Vicious apparently ran into Freddie.

So you're the bloke that's supposed to be bringing ballet to the masses?" asks a sneering Sid Vicious during a brief encounter in the conjoining corridor. "Ah, Mr Ferocious!" pipes back Freddie Mercury, "well, we're trying our best!"