Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New Glenn Compilation

Default Re: New Glenn Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for scanning the booklet, CAinOH.

And I also agree with groupie's analogy between Paul ;vs. John and Glenn and Don - very similar indeed.

I just checked my order and it still hasn't even shipped yet. The tracker says I should receive it by Thursday or Friday. All I can say is that Amazon's pre-ordering leaves a lot to be desired.
    Actually, Pippinwhite made the analogy (although I agree with her). I don't think a review of Glenn's work is the place for a comparison with Don's, even if the reviewer happens to feel Don's is better. Glenn's work should be evaluated on its own merit.

And thanks for posting the pictures, CAinOH! They're awesome! I wonder why there are so many pictures from the Strange Weather era. Given the material on the box set, I'd like to see photos from the No Fun Aloud era through After Hours, and maybe even a picture of young Glenn with JD in Longbranch Pennywhistle (there are a few of those out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I just checked my order and it still hasn't even shipped yet. The tracker says I should receive it by Thursday or Friday. All I can say is that Amazon's pre-ordering leaves a lot to be desired.
    I just was told that one of our members called and complained. They told her she could cancel the pre-order and order again with same day shipping, and then she'd get it on the same day with a waived shipping fee.

In other words, people who pre-order are given lower priority - ironically, our promise of getting it on the same day as release is treated as less important than the promise of getting it quickly for new orders when they don't have enough to go around.

I will never pre-order again.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just was told that one of our members called and complained. They told her she could cancel the pre-order and order again with same day shipping, and then she'd get it on the same day with a waived shipping fee.

In other words, people who pre-order are given lower priority - ironically, our promise of getting it on the same day as release is treated as less important than the promise of getting it quickly for new orders when they don't have enough to go around.

I will never pre-order again.
    I called and was told the same thing, only to find that there was no same day shipping available (on Friday). Being a Prime member, I cancelled and re-ordered and got my shipment on Sunday instead of Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I called and was told the same thing, only to find that there was no same day shipping available (on Friday). Being a Prime member, I cancelled and re-ordered and got my shipment on Sunday instead of Friday.

That's two then. I've tweeted at them about it. They should let people know that pre-orders are low priority when they give the option to pre-order instead of misleadingly stating you will get it on the day of release or at least as close to it as those who order on that day!

Now, as soon as I get mine (hopefully today) I will be able to post about how great it is instead of Amazon rants, lol.

Jeez and here I was feeling all worried that I had forgotten to pre order. I like Prime a lot there are several benefits beside fast shipping including Prime Video which offers some pretty good videos for free and at competitive rental fees for others.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I'm glad I waited too. I tried Prime for two months and I enjoyed it. I just couldn't continued. I order a screen for my laptop (which I still haven't put on there) and it got there quick. I've tried pre-ordered once and the CD did come on the released date, but it wasn't through Amazon.

Anyway. I listened to the songs on IHeart this weekend. I enjoyed it. Some songs I haven't heard since I kinda didn't listen to them on IHeart Radio, but majority I've heard of. Like somebody said (I can't remembered), they are playing songs from their boxset now on Pandora and IHeart Radio. They were already playing the two songs they put out.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's two then. I've tweeted at them about it. They should let people know that pre-orders are low priority when they give the option to pre-order instead of misleadingly stating you will get it on the day of release or at least as close to it as those who order on that day!

Now, as soon as I get mine (hopefully today) I will be able to post about how great it is instead of Amazon rants, lol.
    Got notified that there was another delay - now expected to arrive Monday. I cancelled my pre-order and reordered it the "normal" way. The expected delivery date became Saturday.

Magic.

Looking forward to actually getting it.

I've gotten it - yay!!! I just looked through the lovely booklet and read the material on the inside.

Good except... why did the writer think "Let's Go Home" was the theme from South of Sunset? That was on The Allnighter. He obviously confused it with "Call on Me." A strange mistake to make as they are nothing alike. I can't believe nobody caught that! Otherwise, it was an enjoyable read.

LOVE the pictures, especially the one I made my avatar. Beautiful.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Gorgeous avatar, Soda!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I had mine on 2 preorders, Glenn 's site and Amazon. I knew that I wouldn't get it on release day on account of living in Ireland. Everything takes a bit longer. So I was pleasantly surprised to find it in our shops on the Saturday. The second one to arrive was the one off the site, with the very pleasant surprise of the 7"vinyl as well. Amazon came last on the Tuesday after release. I have one for the car, one for good and I will give a friend the Amazon one for her 50th birthday
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP