Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 North American Tour

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 North American Tour

Jack Tempchin says on his FB page that Henley is recovering from a cold. So nothing to worry about, apparently.

Awesome!! Thanks for this good news, NMB. Glad it's not too serious, but I have to say, sometimes a cold can be seriously uncomfortable!! 😷 Hope you're over this real soon, Don!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

It looks like the concert is still scheduled for tonight so Don must be doing much better.

This article was posted in the Glenn compilation thread but some of the quotes relate to the tour. My heart goes out to Cindy...she said what some of us had thought, that these concerts were a way for her and her family to heal and to help keep Glenn’s legacy alive.

”It’s a family reunion for all of us and we’re all doing it together. I don’t know that there’d be anything else we could do that’d make us move through our grief in this way. As painful as it is at times, it’s also deeply healing and comforting. It sort of makes us feel closer.”

“Like, somehow we’re holding him even closer in some sort of strange weird way,” she continued.
    Also from Deacon:
    Deacon Frey said filling in for his father on the road is both “really scary and really exciting.”

“Well I definitely practice more than I have for other shows I’ve done... It definitely takes more work. It’s definitely a larger scale operation and the standard is a lot higher for performance,” said Deacon, who plays the guitar and sings as well.
    ”Glenn Frey's Family Keeps Legacy Alive With Tour, Career-Spanning Box Set” Billboard, May 10, 2018

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Eagles at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, May 10, 2018

Hotel California-
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=APNMAR8VmX0[/ame]

Henley sounds good here, there is strength and power in his vocal with only some thinness here and there. So glad that he has recovered from his bad cold.

Timothy is still sitting though his leg isn’t propped up anymore. Deacon goes to him and they play to each other during the guitar solos. I don’t think I’ve noticed that before.

Its still propped. Poor guy. He's been in the boot for 2 months now. I wonder how long he's got to wear the boot. I didn't stop wearing my boot until around this time last year.

Don is sounding good. It looks like he's a little better now.

That was so cute of Deacon going over to his uncle. Vince goes over to Timothy too sometimes.

Its funny that yesterday I was looking on Instagram and Twitter to see him any pictures around the time the show was about to start. I was like where are the pictures and videos. Where they strict tonight. Then it hit me that they are in Vancouver and they are 2 hours behind. LOL Oops. I don't know why I thought they were playing in Toronto last night.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Well at first I thought his leg was propped up but it was hard to tell. Toward the end it looked like it wasn’t but maybe he just took it off the amp or whatever it is.

Vince: “we got to do one hillbilly song just for the hell of it”

Next Big Thing
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rymg81JpWME[/ame]

He also says he’s having the time of his life along with Deacon getting to honor Glenn, his 35 year-old friend, and sing some of his songs.

Here’s a brief clip from Thursday’s show where Timothy is seen still using crutches, poor guy. I watched some other videos where he is seen sitting with his leg propped up, so Shun you were right about that.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqA2MfEH_JI[/ame]

I’ve been trying to track down clips where Don or someone provides some more details about his illness but so far I haven’t found any.

Those some interesting crutches Timothy has. I've never seen any crutches like that. It looks like a cane top but still crutches.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Apparently there was some flack about “no standing” instructions at tonight’s show in Saskatchewan.

Contrary to a fact sheet distributed by the venue stating guests would be asked to remain seated during the concert, security will not be cracking down on everyone who stands for a song or two, according to Neil Donnelly, the Memorial Cup Event Chair.

Donnelly said security will also be relaxed about prohibiting photos on cellphones, as long as guests aren’t blocking sight lines by taking lengthy videos.

The information, which was derived from The Eagles’ security rider, sparked a passionate response from people online.
    “The Eagles at Mosaic Stadium: Organizers say 'be respectful' when it comes to standing” leaderpost.com, May 14, 2018

Eagles at Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City UT, May 20, 2018

In this concert review, Henley addresses the postponement:

Sunday's concert was originally scheduled for May 3, but was postponed due to an undisclosed Henley illness. Henley, the one original band member left in the lineup, offered an early mea culpa to the audience.

"We're truly sorry for any inconvenience we caused you," Henley said. "Even rock stars get sick sometimes. We appreciate you coming out tonight. We're going to do about two and a half hours of music for you."
    The reviewer wasn’t 100% behind the updated Witchy Woman arrangement but liked how Those Shoes gave the show new energy. Also, he concluded with this:

Ending the night with Henley's plaintive, haunting vocal on "Desperado" is never a bad decision, and the song's closing line can itself be applied to the current state of the revamped band.

You'd be wise to check out this version of the Eagles ... before it's too late.
    “Review: New-look Eagles deliver vocal point at Vivint Arena” Daily Herald by Doug Fox, May 21, 2018