Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    "In My World" is really growing on me too. Still not a fan of the somewhat dinky production.
    I really like Lindsey's recent solo albums, where the production is even less lavish. There is a time for full extravaganza production, but I like simple and straightforward production too.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh surely, simple production is great. Dinky was poor word choice on my part - I meant it sounded thin and artificial, inorganic.

Oh surely, simple production is great. Dinky was poor word choice on my part - I meant it sounded thin and artificial, inorganic.
    I'll listen to it again with that in mind. I don't have as much high-frequency hearing as I did when I was in my 20s, so most everything sounds mellow to me.

EDIT: I'm listening to it again. It's a simple production that some people would say needs a bit more gloss and a wider frequency range. But, I'm not hearing anything that gets in the way of my enjoyment of hte track. When I get the album I might try remastering it.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 04-29-2017 at 04:14 AM.

How cool. Pardon my ignorance, but how would you do that, what would you use? Wouldn't you need the isolated tracks to manipulate the sound?

How cool. Pardon my ignorance, but how would you do that, what would you use? Wouldn't you need the isolated tracks to manipulate the sound?
    You can do absolutely loads even if you have only the finished CD.I would use Izotope Ozone 7 to remaster it. https://www.izotope.com/en/products/...ver/ozone.html Load the track into ProTools, add the Ozone plugin, and start fiddling. When I'm happy, bounce the track back out again.

Note that this description sounds easy. It's the '... start fiddling. When I'm happy ...' bit which is 99% of the work.

I like the vocals and the retro feel of the harmonies and song structure. Those voices are amazing!

I don't hold the lyrics against them. Christine is not the person to listen to if you want intense, deep lyrics. She gives you light and breezy, and there's nothing wrong with that. The only one I winced at was magnet/steel line and that's thanks to Walter Egan, lol.

I'm not sure if I like the choice to make prominent what sounds sort of like a xylophone or one of those keyboards I had as a kid.

For a full 15 seconds that's pretty much all you hear before we get to those great vocals and I think it may turn off a lot of impatient listeners who associate such instrumentation with kiddie albums and/or commercial jingles.

I eagerly await "Sleeping Around the Corner." I love that one - it's much better than these two that have been released. I'm hoping the rest of the album is more of that color.

ETA: I've learned from some fellow Fleetwood Mac fans that the instrument I referred to above is called a marimba.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah, I wonder if Lindsey will tinker w/ Sleeping Around the Corner? I like that song too from Seeds We Sow. It's very poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    ETA: I've learned from some fellow Fleetwood Mac fans that the instrument I referred to above is called a marimba.
    Cool! Thanks for sharing. It does sound like a child's toy though, reminded me of the Scott Mackenzie hippie anthem "San Francisco (Flowers in Your Hair)" which starts off with one of Chynna Phillips' baby toys being pushed around.

I was also reminded of the really delicate bell-like harmonics that are all over Lindsey's "Trouble," one of my all-time fave songs.

OK! I was searching through the BuckVie concert dates again, really hoping that something will work out for me schedule-wise, and am encouraged to see they promise "more dates to come!" Maybe that's dependent on how the initial concerts are received? Dunno.

"Sleeping Around the Corner"

http://ew.com/music/2017/05/11/fleet...gham-new-song/

It sounds less processed compared to the one on Seeds We Sow, but his voice sounds older at the beginning. I'm pretty sure that he added a new verse part, and I think it's after the 2nd chorus. This version is 15 seconds longer than the Seeds We Sow version.

I'm glad that he made a few changes.

This is more like it! Love it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten