Thread: RIP Troy Gentry
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #8
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: RIP Troy Gentry

Vince sang at Troy Gentry's memorial service today. It was requested from Troy's wife for Vince to sing his hit song, Whenever You Come Around at the memorial service. From what Vince said, Whenever You Come Around was the first song Troy sang to his wife. Whenever You Come Around is a beautiful song. One of my favorite songs from his When Love Finds You album that came out in 1994. Vince joked that he didn't have to sing Go Rest High on Mountain. When Vince started to sing, I thought it was going to some other song not by him, but I was surprised it was Whenever You Come Around.

He also brought up and told Eddie to lean on the Opry family. Don't disappear. Come out here and let this family love on you. I encourage you to stay within this family. I was listening to the memorial service on WSM and live video stream of the memorial service on a Kentucky tv station. They panned to Eddie as Ricky Skaggs and two other people hugging Eddie.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-14-2017 at 09:39 PM.
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote