Page 163 of 195 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Don't give up, RudieCantFail. I also told my friend who lives in California that she will see Don again. I think she hasn't seen him since 2015 when he did his first leg of the Cass County tour.

I know I was complaining that Don didn't have not one southern dates last fall and then Don came out with tour dates in the south. It was also around the time I was trying to save to see Donny and Marie in my home state, but I end up going to both anyway. And then the people in the northeast and midwest were not happy he didn't include dates in their area.

He'll be back to California and Northwest soon. He'll probably be touring this fall. I never thought I would get the chance to see Don. I took plunge and travel the 8 hours to Austin(this was a last minute decision after I found out my best friend wasn't going to be in town) and then 3 hours to Houston(I also wanted to see my best friend in Houston and I did get to see her). It was soo worth it.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-23-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stevie Nicks, Two Eagles to join Don Henley at his Dallas birthday concert in July.

http://www.guidelive.com/music/2017/...y-concert-july

Stevie was definitely a giving as to what celebrity will be there to help celebrate Don's birthday. Those two always supposed each other and help each other when it comes playing together through the years. That's nice Joe and Timothy will be there.

I wonder if Sting and/or Billy Joel will be there?

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

This radio interview with Don was originally posted in the Classic East/West Concert thread by Philh. I'm providing a brief transcription since these links tend to expire. It took place this a.m.

First, Don discusses his band and setlist. He said if someone in the audience yells out a request, they can sometimes put it together and perform it, that's how versatile and good his band is.

Then he talks about the upcoming Eagles concerts. He says he looks forward to them but he can't say who is in the line-up just yet. They are keeping it in the family. He's not trying to be coy about it. There will be an official announcement soon. He wants to stress that they are not replacing Glenn b/c Glenn is irreplaceable.

He believes what they're doing is something Glenn would have approved of. He said when Glenn passed away, he didn't think they could go on. But they received messages from people all over the world who want to see them continue. Don said they have to do it in a way that honors Glenn and his legacy. He said the future is going to be interesting. He also said, "so far the reception we've had has been good, very positive."

Don gets asked about the documentary, specifically how hands-on the band members were in its creation. Don said, "we fully participated" but I'm not sure if he understood the interviewer's question. He then gets asked if there's anything he wished was included that was left out. Don's answer was a firm "nope..there's plenty in there."

Don is asked about Linda Ronstadt. Don says he doesn't talk to her too often but they do exchange emails here and there. She does speaking engagements occasionally. He recommends her autobiography.

Don talks about his legacy, basically saying he doesn't think about it. The most important thing to him is to be a good father. Because of this, he doesn't do albums very often. He mentions he still has two kids living at home, with one of them graduating this month.

He also talks about the difficulty in making The Long Run album, b/c the interviewer asks him about it. He also discusses his first car (a '48 Dodge). I believe that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2017/05/11/don...-to-ray-erick/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Don also did an interview with a Dallas station this morning (I cannot find a link to it online) they did not discuss the Classic concerts at all.

He did discuss how he honors Glenn at his solo shows, dedicating songs to him at the end of the set and such. And about the outpouring of love and support that the fans have shown them. (All that has been mentioned on this board before) He also said since Glenn's passing it has made him more grateful of the small things in life such as getting his kids up and dressed for school, in which he said one is graduating this month as Delilah mentioned, and for helping with homework and changing light bulbs. The interviewer then states "Wow, how cool is that to get help on your English homework from Don Henley" Don then says "Ah, yeah that don't ask for that".

He was asked about his Walden Woods Project and Don said this year is a big one because it celebrates what would have been Henry David Thoreau's 200th birthday.

Then about his work at Caddo Lake, he said it is all good, and that he is heading that way tomorrow for a board meeting.

Anyone up for a road trip to East Texas tomorrow?!

Here is the link to the Dallas interview:

http://kluv.cbslocal.com/2017/05/11/...s-distracting/

Seems I left out quiet a bit..

Here's another interview. Don even says why he's throwing a party. I hope Kenny comes.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/05/12/d...70th-birthday/

Border Rebel

Nice interviews. Thanks for posting them!

ETA: I had to laugh at the interviewer who thought Don didn't put politics into any of his songs. Did she even listen to any of his stuff???
    Last edited by maryc2130; 05-15-2017 at 01:44 PM.

A Tonight Show clip--Niall Horan (formerly of One Direction) talks about growing up listening to southern California rock and his close relationship with Don Henley. Any Londoners here spot them having a pint at a dingy little pub in Soho last year?

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bGiU2LrzyX4[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...