Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Out on the Border Doolin Dalton's Avatar

Default HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Were there any more published footage of the interviews and backstage times from that era? The one where Don is talking about how they're regular people, falling in an out of love, Joe with the tin foil creation, etc. Any other footage similar to that or when they are in the cars or on the jet are equally as interesting, let me know if you have any leads!
    Freeway cars and trucks
    Ridin' with Lady Luck...

Banned

Cool Re: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Back in the mid-Seventies, somebody was trying to make a film (authorized) about an Eagles tour. The camera guys were always backstage, getting in everybody's way. And Frey had this bit where he'd wear shades, and when the dorky interview guy would ask him questions during sound checks, etc., he'd tell the dude, "Wait - I can't hear you. Let me just take my sunglasses off…"

The interview guy never got the joke.

Default Re: HOTE Hotel California era Backstage Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Back in the mid-Seventies, somebody was trying to make a film (authorized) about an Eagles tour. The camera guys were always backstage, getting in everybody's way. And Frey had this bit where he'd wear shades, and when the dorky interview guy would ask him questions during sound checks, etc., he'd tell the dude, "Wait - I can't hear you. Let me just take my sunglasses off…"

The interview guy never got the joke.
    That’s hilarious. I really wish that film would be released at some point but I’m not counting on it. Not unless the border can plan a vault break in at some point

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    That’s hilarious. I really wish that film would be released at some point but I’m not counting on it. Not unless the border can plan a vault break in at some point
    Sad to say, they'll never release it. They are just so damn stingy it's unbelievable. Apparently, they were also planning to release 1994 Irvine and 1999 Staples Center video, only to be scrapped. They also have 1975 pro shot footage, something nobody other than them have right now. Point is, they are under Don Henley and Azoff now. Expect EXTREMELY sparse releases. I don't even know if they'll do anything at this point. They always claim to be empty, when in reality they have more than 100 pro shot concerts from the 70's till today, and plus who knows how many soundboards.
    The chemistry... nuff said

I don't understand why:

1) They don't want to release anything
    2) They lie about having anything

I guess you could say (2) allows them to head off questions about (1). However, there's this little pesky thing about (2): LYING IS WRONG and you are showing that your word is worthless and that fans shouldn't trust you, but oh well. I guess we don't worry about that.

How about this? "There is some material, but we've decided not to release it at this time, if ever. Next question!"

Speculation: Don believes the material isn't high-quality enough to release. However, that's just ridiculous. They've shown through Seven Bridges Road how they can "handle" that kind of problem if they wish, but honestly, we fans would just like it as-is. It's part of the live experience. It's especially important now that Glenn is gone. This is the only way we'll get "new" stuff from him. Do we have to wait until Don kicks the bucket and his estate releases it? Knowing Don, he'll forbid it in his will.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't understand why:

I guess you could say (2) allows them to head off questions about (1). However, there's this little pesky thing about (2): LYING IS WRONG and you are showing that your word is worthless and that fans shouldn't trust you, but oh well. I guess we don't worry about that.

How about this? "There is some material, but we've decided not to release it at this time, if ever. Next question!"

Speculation: Don believes the material isn't high-quality enough to release. However, that's just ridiculous. They've shown through Seven Bridges Road how they can "handle" that kind of problem if they wish, but honestly, we fans would just like it as-is. It's part of the live experience. It's especially important now that Glenn is gone. This is the only way we'll get "new" stuff from him. Do we have to wait until he kicks the bucket and his estate releases it? Knowing Don, he'll forbid it in his will.
    The whole crazy part about the seven bridges road facade is that they are the ones that released the isolated tracks that allows us to even hear the overdubbing. It came as part of the HFO DVD. I know a lot changed from when they broke up to HFO but why bother overdubbing it and not telling anyone, Only to reveal they overdubbed it (indirectly). I just dont get it. It’s really unfortunate. Many other bands do not have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    The whole crazy part about the seven bridges road facade is that they are the ones that released the isolated tracks that allows us to even hear the overdubbing. It came as part of the HFO DVD. I know a lot changed from when they broke up to HFO but why bother overdubbing it and not telling anyone, Only to reveal they overdubbed it (indirectly). I just dont get it. It’s really unfortunate. Many other bands do not have this issue.
    Did they actually release the isolated tracks? I thought the band released the cd in 5.1 surround sound, and some fans used this to isolate the vocals themselves. I’m not the most tech-savvy person so maybe I’ve misunderstood (and I don’t have the dvd).

Henley & Co. have said they looked and found nothing in the vaults. I still contend whatever footage exists is piled underneath stacks of those “Spread Eagle Fill-in-the-City” home videos. I wonder what will happen to those—big bonfire?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Did they actually release the isolated tracks? I thought the band released the cd in 5.1 surround sound, and some fans used this to isolate the vocals themselves. I’m not the most tech-savvy person so maybe I’ve misunderstood (and I don’t have the dvd).

Henley & Co. have said they looked and found nothing in the vaults. I still contend whatever footage exists is piled underneath stacks of those “Spread Eagle Fill-in-the-City” home videos. I wonder what will happen to those—big bonfire?
    Well that is what I meant. I guess it depends if they felt people
    Would find or not

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't understand why:

Speculation: Don believes the material isn't high-quality enough to release. However, that's just ridiculous. They've shown through Seven Bridges Road how they can "handle" that kind of problem if they wish, but honestly, we fans would just like it as-is. It's part of the live experience. It's especially important now that Glenn is gone. This is the only way we'll get "new" stuff from him. Do we have to wait until Don kicks the bucket and his estate releases it? Knowing Don, he'll forbid it in his will.
    The first question, we will never ever know. But for (2), I have a little bit of proof. There was this one interview about their 2018 tour (sigh), where the interviewer asks about the HC 40th Anniversary Edition live releases (where they were found etc.). He also enquired about releases of other live stuff as well as studio bloopers in the future.

Now here are his answers: (this is an instance of lying, jmho); he claims he just found 1976 The Forum audio scattered somewhere (non literally). I call foul. How would he forget that easily that The Forum was there? It was used in Eagles Live. He acted so surprised about even finding it, claiming he didn't even know it existed. Funny.

And he claims that there is nothing left to release when it comes to live stuff. Bull****. There are most probably more than 20 concerts recorded in the 70's (we have like a little less than 20 with proof). Like there is 1973 ABC, 1973 Central Park, 1975 Wembley, 1975 Philadelphia (the date after European concerts), 1980 Houston, etc. What about those Henley? And they have more than 100 concerts recorded after 1994. ALL of the HFO concerts were fully recorded. At least a sizeable portion must be there, if not anything. However, me and my friends are going to get something which will nail the coffin on the truth of our suspicions.

And he also claims that the bloopers are not good enough. Sheesh.

Once you get very much into live stuff (as well as being very objective), your point of fans not trusting the band of the statements is veritable indeed. I really feel a large scale raid of Henley's vault is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Yeah, I think you misunderstood about that. If I'm not mistaken, they released it in "5:1 compatible Speaker setup" with "DTS Surround sound" . But it is understandable.

And I didn't understand "Spread Eagle Fill-in-the-City" home videos tbh. Care for a clarification?