Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Troy Gentry

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default RIP Troy Gentry

Really sad day in country music as not only did Don Williams pass away but Troy Gentry, who was part of the duo Montgomery Gentry, died in a helicopter crash in New Jersey this afternoon where he was going to perform with Eddie Montgomery tonight. I loved their songs and saw them at CMA Fest two years ago. He was only 50 too and can't imagine what his family and Eddie are going through.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: RIP Troy Gentry

RIP.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Very sad news indeed. Mt heart goes out to his family, Eddie Montgomery, friends, and colleagues. Troy was very talented, loved his voice and personality. He will be missed.

So sad. Prayers for his family and friends.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I live about 15 minutes away from the Lumberton/Medford area, and it was definitely a shock to hear the news. I wasn't very fond of him because he killed a tame bear that was caged, and therefore defenseless, but I certainly send my condolences to his family and friends.

I liked some of their music but I did get turned off after that whole canned hunt incident. He got caught and paid his fine so hopefully he saw the error of his ways.

RIP Troy Gentry

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Listening to Troy Gentry's memorial service on WSM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Vince sang at Troy Gentry's memorial service today. It was requested from Troy's wife for Vince to sing his hit song, Whenever You Come Around at the memorial service. From what Vince said, Whenever You Come Around was the first song Troy sang to his wife. Whenever You Come Around is a beautiful song. One of my favorite songs from his When Love Finds You album that came out in 1994. Vince joked that he didn't have to sing Go Rest High on Mountain. When Vince started to sing, I thought it was going to some other song not by him, but I was surprised it was Whenever You Come Around.

He also brought up and told Eddie to lean on the Opry family. Don't disappear. Come out here and let this family love on you. I encourage you to stay within this family. I was listening to the memorial service on WSM and live video stream of the memorial service on a Kentucky tv station. They panned to Eddie as Ricky Skaggs and two other people hugging Eddie.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-14-2017 at 09:39 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I wish I would've known about it as I would've watched/listened. That sounds so emotional and that's so nice Vince sang for his wife and such a great story. That's my favorite song of Vince's.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Here's Troy's memorial service I found on YouTube. Along with Vince, Little Big Town, Trace Atkins and Charlie Daniels sang.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrk_2ycV8h4&list=PLz5EQOpLZd5CN9QithebIpyK KHqkExzGp[/ame]

ETA: The video was taken down so I found this one.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-15-2017 at 10:55 AM.