Page 123 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Anyway, shall we get the thread back on track again?

No Glenn, No Eagles!

Ah, that felt good.
    Yes it does.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Yes, a wonderful feeling. Thanks.

Of all the accolades, awards, honors and tributes in the music industry I sometimes wonder what could/would be the most meaningful. Clearly the Kennedy Center Honors might be high on the list followed by the Grammys and the controversial RRHOF but there are many others including posthumous tributes like hometown street signs, statues, concert tributes, documentaries, movies, plays, musicals, etc.

I really wish Glenn had been well enough to participate in the KCH because I believe he would have enjoyed the experience very much.

I know that continuing the band has been equated with honoring Glenn Frey and I don't disagree fans could/would feel that way. When it gets right down to it, to each his own.

For me, I like to think all the money and fame in the world can not compare to the thrill of walking out on stage before thousands of fans many of whom will never forget the thrill of their first Eagles concert.

For me that moment came many years ago.

"We're the Eagles from Los Angeles." - Glenn Frey's signature introduction.

And they were.

Fast forward to the present and it's a different band, a different show.

No Glenn Frey. No Eagles.

On July 14th the brand will be in Buffalo which prompted one writer to ponder what fans could expect minus Glenn Frey.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/10/s...e-eagles-show/
    Last edited by Dawn; 07-12-2018 at 11:39 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Of all the accolades, awards, honors and tributes in the music industry I sometimes wonder what could/would be the most meaningful. Clearly the Kennedy Center Honors might be high on the list followed by the Grammys and the controversial RRHOF but there are many others including posthumous tributes like hometown street signs, statues, concert tributes, documentaries, movies, plays, musicals, etc.

I really wish Glenn had been well enough to participate in the KCH because I believe he would have enjoyed the experience very much.

I know that continuing the band has been equated with honoring Glenn Frey and I don't disagree fans could/would feel that way. When it gets right down to it, to each his own.

For me, I like to think all the money and fame in the world can not compare to the thrill of walking out on stage before thousands of fans many of whom will never forget the thrill of their first Eagles concert.

For me that moment came many years ago.

"We're the Eagles from Los Angeles." - Glenn Frey's signature introduction.

And they were.

Fast forward to the present and it's a different band, a different show.

No Glenn Frey. No Eagles.

On July 14th the brand will be in Buffalo which prompted one writer to ponder what fans could expect minus Glenn Frey.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/10/s...e-eagles-show/

People have every right to pay hundreds of dollars to see this band if they want. They'll see a professionally done show with many of their favorite songs performed by a few members of the old band plus two.

But they're not seeing the Eagles.

"We're the Eagles from Los Angeles" - that's the Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

People have every right to pay hundreds of dollars to see this band if they want. They'll see a professionally done show with many of their favorite songs performed by a few members of the old band plus two.

But they're not seeing the Eagles.

"We're the Eagles from Los Angeles" - that's the Eagles.
    No denying it is a completely different band and show - very different.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Also, because I think people have been forgetting and for the benefit of any new people, I think it might be a good idea to repost the OP:

This thread has been split from the "Eagles 3.0" thread, which was initially started when it was unclear whether or not Don Henley would go back on his word that he would not attempt to reform an "Eagles" without Glenn. That thread initially discussed the possibility of an Eagles without Glenn, then for a long time people went back and forth about why they did or did not support it.

Finally, it was obvious there was no "debating" going on, just a vicious cycle of recriminations. People had decided whether or not they supported it, and that was that. Those who did not support it needed a place where they could discuss their feelings without people haranguing them, scolding them, guilt-tripping them, mocking them, gloating about how successful the faux Eagles are without Glenn, etc.

This thread was created for that purpose.

So if you are gung-ho about this this new group of men calling themselves the Eagles, that's great. Go to the Tour threads and Review threads and you'll find like-minded people. Don't come into this thread.

If you want to make arguments about why the band should continue, don't post in this thread. There's a place to debate here.

People who post in this thread essentially agree with the following statements by Don Henley made on November 28, 2016 in The Washington Post:
    “I don’t see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band [...] It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.”
    Irving Azoff asked Best Classic Bands on November 16, 2017: "What's your definition of the Eagles? Glenn's gone."

Here's ours:

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Amen Soda - perfectly said and too the point !

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Absolutely.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Because the "Eagles" have just announced a world tour for 2019, and because this was lost in the crash and update of the site, I feel compelled to post this again this morning:

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Because the "Eagles" have just announced a world tour for 2019, and because this was lost in the crash and update of the site, I feel compelled to post this again this morning:

What??? A world tour in 2019? Seriously? When and where did they announce this?
    The chemistry... nuff said