Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Harvey

Default Re: Hurricane Harvey

Happy to report my family, pets and I are safe. Our home is flood-free. So far, so good. We are truly grateful. Many thanks to everybody for your prayers and well wishes. Your kindness and caring are appreciated.

Houston Baby, I haven't seen it rain this much since TS Allison!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Delighted to know that you are safe. Thanks for letting us all know! Continuing to think of you and wish all of you well.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

So glad to know you're safe Delilah and HB. The coverage on the news just looks so scary.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The news can really whip up the fear. When a hurricane is approaching my area, after a certain point (after I have all the info I need) I have to turn it off -
    particularly the local coverage - because it starts to scare the bejesus outta me.

To give the media the benefit of the doubt, maybe they have to "write it large" for the people who are kind of lackadaisical and won't take the proper precautions unless you light a fire under 'em so to speak.

Thanks for checking in D and HB, so glad you are both okay! I just read there have been 1,500 to 2,000 incidents of high water rescues and Hobby and Bush airports are having big problems with standing water on runways. They are asking residents where ever they are to stay put not to take any chances because of fears about flooding, sink holes, etc. I'm trying to reach my friend in Spring she said last night she was going to try to get to San Antonio. Stay safe and keep us posted!

My parents in northeast Houston are fine as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    My parents in northeast Houston are fine as well.
    Oh wow didn't realize your folks were in the area too, good to hear all is well with your parents Soda!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I know Delilah, it is bad. Glad to hear y'all are safe. My exact location is Jersey Village and unfortunately we had flooding during the Memorial Day floods and also the tax day floods. So far this time the bayou that runs thru JV is staying within its banks. I am so thankful for that. However as you know it is still raining.
    I would also like to thank everyone. Your prayers and well wishes are much appreciated.
    Keep them coming as it appears this will be going on for awhile.

I have many relatives in Houston. My best friend, her family and parents also live in Houston. Her mother posted on Facebook that they were ok. I haven't heard from my best friend, but I guess her mother was posting for everyone.

Dawn. I have a friend in Spring too. I saw her facebook post and she's ok also.

Its weird that I was just in Houston this past January and its now underwater.

I'm glad everybody is ok.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm glad to hear that the Texans on this Border are okay so far. I hope y'all get through the heavy rains, and I hope that your well being, friends, relatives, and pets are safe.