Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Default Re: Documentaries / Shows about the Eagles

Hi NKIT - thankfully I did not pay to watch it, it's free to prime members which apparently I still am though I did cancel again. I just don't use Amazon on a regular basis like I used to so not worth the monthly fee. It is wise to read reviews!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Hi Dawn - I am not a Prime member so I could not watch it. Thanks for posting that though. I think one of the problems is there has been so little done in terms of documentaries, excluding HOTE. Kind of amazing when you consider how big the Eagles were/are.

Why am I watching this? They pronounce Frey and Leadon wrong. The English musician mistakes Bob Seger with Pete Seger, and says that Glenn was originally hired as back up vocalist for Pete Seger and Linda Ronstadt but took up playing rhythm guitar so he wouldn't be standing around doing nothing. This English musician states that Felder joined as a rhythm guitarist to help elevate Bernie's leads. I can't finish it right now, got 20 minutes into it.

This Sunday, Reelz's series Breaking the Band is doing an episode on the Eagles.

I've seen their episode on Fleetwood Mac, and it was awful - intercut with real footage and photos, they used actors that looked nothing like the band members to do ridiculous "re-enactments" of arguments and such. Talking heads, most of which had nothing to do with the band, made obvious statements like "It's very difficult to work with someone who you've broken up with." There was also a lot of inaccuracies.

I think we can expect more of the same for the Eagles episode.

It might be worth a watch just for the giggles; the Mac episode did fall under the heading of "Hilariously Bad."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

There's a preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oEh3dDeVuY

The reenactments are quite funny.

I believe the guy with a hat is Barney Hoskyns.

I recorded the Fleetwood Mac one and I have to DVR the Eagles one because I'll be on a cruise when it comes on.

I watched that video clip early this morning before I headed to work. Its going to be interesting.

I'm guessing by what I've heard about Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles episodes, it looks like this show is mostly going to be about bands fighting and then breaking up.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Hey! Looks like I actually get this channel! Wow, who'da thunk it? I'll have to check it out.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's a preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oEh3dDeVuY

The reenactments are quite funny.

I believe the guy with a hat is Barney Hoskyns.
    Thanks, UTW. Looks so bad that it's hilarious! I recorded a show about the Eagles on Audience Network a couple of years ago and it was horrible too. Names mispronounced and rehashing of pictures, clips, and information that is readily available to everyone. Needless to say, it was erased quickly.
    Almost everything I've seen on Reelz has been horrible re-enactments of celebrities' tragic last days.

On a different note, Shun, have a wonderful time on your cruise! You've had quite the summer so far!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Thanks, UTW. Looks so bad that it's hilarious! I recorded a show about the Eagles on Audience Network a couple of years ago and it was horrible too. Names mispronounced and rehashing of pictures, clips, and information that is readily available to everyone. Needless to say, it was erased quickly.
    Almost everything I've seen on Reelz has been horrible re-enactments of celebrities' tragic last days.

On a different note, Shun, have a wonderful time on your cruise! You've had quite the summer so far!
    I saw a preview this morning on The Fastlane FB Page. The acting was terrible and all they talked about was the arguing. I never heard of this station before and had to check my cable guide to see if I get it - I do - lol. It's on Sunday at 10 PM EST. it seems like almost every special done about the group is terrible with the same-old-same-old stuff.

Shun, have a great time on your cruise !

I have it set to record as well. I'm sure nothing "new" will be brought up that my fellow borderer's have not seen or heard before.

Have a great time and safe travels, Shun!