Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fake Reviews ???

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Fake Reviews ???

I don't agree that Vince couldn't be criticised because he's a guitar virtuoso and "great" overall. This doesn't mean that he helps Eagles sound Eagles. I don't think FP means that some reviewers should say that he sucks as an artist, but that there should be even a little bit of "how 'Eaglesy' is this?" here and there. And I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I don't agree that Vince couldn't be criticised because he's a guitar virtuoso and "great" overall. This doesn't mean that he helps Eagles sound Eagles. I don't think FP means that some reviewers should say that he sucks as an artist, but that there should be even a little bit of "how 'Eaglesy' is this?" here and there. And I agree.
    I don’t think many reviews would cover the question of how “Eaglesy” the band sounds. These aren’t articles meant to discuss the validity of the lineup and how it could be optimized. It’s just a review of how they have sounded in concert. None of the members on stage are bad performers. I do not see a reason for a bad performance from them as long as they play up to their standards. It’s a different question of how they sound compared to Glenn but that would be personal taste. If someone prefers Gill’s voice to Glenn’s then you would probably find them to be performing better. That’s just my take on it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t think many reviews would cover the question of how “Eaglesy” the band sounds. These aren’t articles meant to discuss the validity of the lineup and how it could be optimized. It’s just a review of how they have sounded in concert. None of the members on stage are bad performers. I do not see a reason for a bad performance from them as long as they play up to their standards. It’s a different question of how they sound compared to Glenn but that would be personal taste. If someone prefers Gill’s voice to Glenn’s then you would probably find them to be performing better. That’s just my take on it
    If there was just one "(as fantastic as he is) Vince Gill's voice doesn't work as well in this song" kind of comment here and there....but everything seems to be just perfect. A guy replaces a person who founded the band and was there until his death and there doesn't seem to be even one such comment. BTW I don't agree that the Eagles sound is just a matter of taste. To some degree it probably is, but IMO it's not quite that simple since Glenn was an essential part of that sound until his death.

I'm not going to shout this from rooftops. My point is that I understand what FP means and I happen to agree with her.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-23-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Reviews which are 100% positive & have no criticism AT ALL, not even minor ones, need to be questioned.
    If there was just one "(as fantastic as he is) Vince Gill's voice doesn't work as well in this song" kind of comment here and there....but everything seems to be just perfect. A guy replaces a person who founded the band and was there until his death and there doesn't seem to be even one such comment.
    Well here you go FP and Chaim, a concert review that is not 100% positive and includes a comparison with Glenn’s voice.

Less successful were "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and "Take It Easy," which lacked some kick and sounded more like covers with Deacon Frey at the helm...Never has the encore fake-out been less convincing than when the Eagles left the stage before playing "Hotel California." Rather than cheering, clapping, and stomping, the audience calmly lit the stands with cell-phone flashlights. They didn't have to persuade any bandmates to come back. They knew the Eagles wouldn't leave without playing it.
    ”The Eagles Played on Without Glenn Frey at Hard Rock Stadium” by Celia Almeida, Miami New Times, Apr. 23, 2018

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Thanks, Delilah. Nice to see that someone didn't find everything perfect. Everything doesn't even have to be perfect.

If there was just one "(as fantastic as he is) Vince Gill's voice doesn't work as well in this song" kind of comment here and there....but everything seems to be just perfect. A guy replaces a person who founded the band and was there until his death and there doesn't seem to be even one such comment. BTW I don't agree that the Eagles sound is just a matter of taste. To some degree it probably is, but IMO it's not quite that simple since Glenn was an essential part of that sound until his death.

I'm not going to shout this from rooftops. My point is that I understand what FP means and I happen to agree with her.
    I agree that the Eagles sound has gotten worse since Glenn has left, as in they don’t sound as Eaglesy. But what I meant is just on the basis of how the song is performed someone might like Vince’s take of tequila sunrise vs Glenn’s etc. or like Linda singing desperado vs Don. I think that how well they performed is less opinionated because we can hold them to their high standards but how Glenn’s version of a song is compared to another persons is more personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well here you go FP and Chaim, a concert review that is not 100% positive and includes a comparison with Glenn’s voice.

”The Eagles Played on Without Glenn Frey at Hard Rock Stadium” by Celia Almeida, Miami New Times, Apr. 23, 2018
    This is the first article I've read that wasn't 100% positive.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Maybe they paid for a less kind review when they noticed we were onto them.

Maybe they paid for a less kind review when they noticed we were onto them.
    Well, I did say I hoped someone was paying attention.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Thanks Delilah. First of what I would call a semi negative review.

Chaim -