Page 88 of 201 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

I wonder too because the other two look like Nellie. I thought maybe the tall guy was her brother.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

@Dreamer: The lady who has her arm around Nellie's neck is indeed her mother, Edith. The tall man in the back is her dad, George. You called it! I had to go back and look at the caption on the photo.

So Deacon got his tallness from his great-grandfather. So it had skipped a generation.

Its actually nice to see relatives on Glenn's mother's side. Thanks for sharing this picture, Pippinwhite.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks a bunch for the detective work, Pippin. I thought it was probably Edith and George, but wasn't certain. I have a couple of pictures of Glenn and his grandmother at her 90th birthday party, but, obviously, it was hard to tell by that. I would post them here, but, TBH, I can't remember where I got them so I probably shouldn't.

Anyway, Glenn definitely had many of the Markham family traits - the elongated face, the deepset eyes, the nose, etc. I can see a strong resemblence to his grandfather, especially around the mouth.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Pippin - I'm a little confused about who's who in the picture. I got Nellie, her brother kneeling, and, of course, Glenn. I believe you said the older gentleman on the right is Glenn's great uncle and the lady behind him is his friend. What about the two other - the lady in the middle with her arm around Nellie and the tall gentleman in the back? I was thinking they may be Nellie's parents. Nellie would have been about 25 years old here - so they look around the age that her parents may have been at that time. Were they identified on the website?

And Dawn - Glenn is gorgeous in that last picture you posted!

Dreamer, can you imagine being in school with a dreamy young Glenn Frey? I think I would have had a major crush lol!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

@ Dawn -- Oh, I know I'd have had a massive crush on him. I'd have been the one who watched him walk by, but never would have said a word. LOLOL. And then being in the girls' bathroom with my friends, "He's soooo cuuuute!" Oh, the middle school conversations are coming back to me. Heh.

Stuck on the Border

I thought that was his mother's parents in the picture too. Thanks for confirming it Pippin and Dreamer. How old do you all think young Glenn is in the picture under HS & G one of him ? I say maybe 12, but not sure. You can sure see he took after his mother's side of the family a lot.

GA - I think you are right - it looks like baby Glenn has a pacifier in his mouth. I was wondering what it was until you said it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Pippin and Dreamer for clearing that up too as I figured that was his grandparents and his uncle with the strong family resemblance.

Also totally agree about if having a huge crush on him had he'd gone to school with me, and I actually did like a few boys that looked like him. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

NKIT I am only guessing but the school pic of Glenn looks like junior high.

Was it his maternal aunt (Nellie's sister) who took him to see the Beatles?