Page 49 of 145 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Or you could ask Soda for a clarification since she has ALL the authority and the final decision regarding this website......

I will leave it to Soda to answer the question(s) about this thread but obviously in the beginning we were dealing with rumors and speculation in the media about the band reuniting, the identity of the two mystery additions and even what they would call themselves. Many were skeptical waiting for a formal announcement.

Clearly there are fans who take exception to the fact there are fans who DO NOT support the current lineup. And vice versa. Most are considerate and refrain from trying to engage their fellow Borderers in pointless debates and senseless arguments.

Others are just in it to stir the pot.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    As you are well aware, this thread is for fans who are not supportive of the current lineup. It is not about satisfying your "curiousity" or engaging in passive aggressive what if games. If others choose to explain/defend their thoughts and feelings that is their choice. Personally, I choose to ignore you from here on out.

Edited to Add

How many times and ways can the same questions be asked and answered? Apparently ad nauseam.
    I keep answering questions posted by those who do support the current band. Questions asked from us who don't support it. In my opinion my answers are civilized and don't contain any hate. But it seems that my replies are ignored every single time. I don't know why I bother to answer. Perhaps I should be more angry and rude to be noticed? Perhaps that is what is expected?
    Last edited by chaim; 12-17-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I would like to thank Soda for being compassionate and considerate of those who aren't thrilled about Don, Joe and Timothy's choices since Glenn's passing. She has provided "Eagles 3.0" as a place where posts can be shared by those who are against and don't support the current band's activities. My opinion is that everyone needs to be grateful for her understanding because in the "real" world no one cares whether people like the decisions of the 3 remaining Eagles or not.
    Why is the opinion of those who don't support the current Eagles less relevant in the "real" world than any other opinion/comment posted in an internet forum?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I keep answering questions posted by those who do support the current band. Questions addressed to us who don't support it. In my opinion my answers are civilized and don't contain any hate. But it seems that my replies are ignored every single time. I don't know why I bother to answer. Perhaps I should be more angry and rude to be noticed? Perhaps that is what is expected?
    Chaim - I have never seen anything but respectful posts from you. I think most people try to be respectful but there are few who can get nasty. Keep posting because I always enjoy your posts and usually agree with you.

I haven't been posting here much lately because I personally feel I have expressed how I feel and there really isn't much to be said that has not been said already. And, truthfully, we will never change the minds of those who approve of the "new Eagles" and they will never chance our minds. And that's fine, everyone has a right to their opinion and we will have to agree to disagree.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Chaim - I have never seen anything but respectful posts from you. I think most people try to be respectful but there are few who can get nasty. Keep posting because I always enjoy your posts and usually agree with you.

I haven't been posting here much lately because I personally feel I have expressed how I feel and there really isn't much to be said that has not been said already. And, truthfully, we will never change the minds of those who approve of the "new Eagles" and they will never chance our minds. And that's fine, everyone has a right to their opinion and we will have to agree to disagree.
    It's just that...at the moment I feel that some people on the "pro-3.0" side are only interested in comments that are totally against the current band situation and pretend that people like me don't even exist. Like polarisation is all there is. I couldn't care less what the band is doing now, but I'm not shouting it from the rooftops, so to speak, so my replies don't seem to count. Tomorrow I'll probably feel differently...

Wink Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Despite the occasional argument I just want to say that I’m glad that we have this place to discuss the band. I appreciate all the people on here and what they say and how they feel. I don’t know of any other eagles fans so this place is awesome for me. I have never felt animosity towards anyone regardless of their opinion on 3.0 and even if you support it the lineup, this will largely be a forgotten period in the bands history. We all love the band for its music and that will never change. So despite our differences on this issue, we are still fans of the band. I hope that one day we could move on from the issue. I know that will be hard but good people with good hearts occupy this forum so I believe we will move past this.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    It's just that...at the moment I feel that some people on the "pro-3.0" side are only interested in comments that are totally against the current band situation and pretend that people like me don't even exist. Like polarisation is all there is. I couldn't care less what the band is doing now, but I'm not shouting it from the rooftops, so to speak, so my replies don't seem to count. Tomorrow I'll probably feel differently...
    I think at this point, when all the questions have been asked and answered, the only pro people who come in here are those looking to antagonize....

Even those who innocently claim curiosity about matters that have been dealt with in this thread after their arrival, as if they haven't already read the answer to that very loaded question.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Has anyone actually asked L101, who started this thread simply with the news from Billboard that the Eagles would headline the Classic concerte, what the thread is "for?" This thread can be for whatever the poster wants it to be. It just so happens the most vocal people are the ones who want to take shots at everyone involved with the current lineup. And I have strong opinions on which side is being most "passive-aggressive" and making others needlessly defend themselves, but I won't share them this early on a Sunday.
    There's also the zealots like EIK who don't want there to be even one thread where people who don't like the current situation aren't being told off, and have made it their mission to do so regularly.

Oh, and FYI: L101 didn't start this thread. I started this thread. I moved her post from "Eagles Mentions in the Press" and retitled it to merge it with steve_e_dee's thread and keep everything on the same topic together. Initially, it discussed whether or not the band reforming was a good idea before we knew for sure it was going to happen. Now that everything has changed with the band situation, the purpose of this thread has changed, too.

So in case anyone is wondering, this thread has become the venue for people who aren't happy about the current line-up to express themselves. It is not a venue for browbeating those who aren't into the band continuing, nor is it a venue for crap-stirrers who are looking for a fight to come and rile everybody up.

Edited to add: There are some exceptions from the pro camp who post in this thread, I know. It just seems like those exceptions are not nearly as prolific as the antagonistic posters.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'd love Don, Joe and Tim to tour with a non Eagles billing. It would mean cheaper tickets, smaller venues, fewer backing musicians and a more interesting set list.

From the band's and their enormous entourage's point of view, I don't think it looks as attractive.
    I guess it was only a matter of time before the suggestion was made that Glenn's songs be dispensed with. Allthough if they were, and the 'guests' were also dispensed with, it would be more acceptable to me, to be honest. I have stated my view that Glenn's songs don't need to be performed live to be remembered. I certainly don't want them being played just for obligation's sake.

I will answer the question about whether the anti 3.0 people would be happier with it if it only included Deacon, although I have answered it before, as have others. The answer is NO.

I'm not getting into any arguments about who is being 'passive aggressive' or what this thread is 'for'. It has become a thread for those of us who disagree with 3.0. Surely we can be allowed to have it. Others have the rest of the board to express their 'excitement' or whatever they want to call it. For myself I will not be browbeaten or told how to feel.

ETA: Seeing Soda's edit above, I have no wish to antagonise anybody, but I'm tired of constantly having to explain why I'm against 3.0. I shouldn't have to do it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-17-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Border Desperado

I happen to think whether you're pro or con on this subject, all legitimate opinions and the people who express them deserve equal consideration. My point was that people who post on this board under any topic and specifically the "Eagles....3.0" thread are expected to be respectful and refrain from personal attacks and vulgar language against those with an opposing view. However you might not be able to expect to receive the same protection or treatment that you receive here if you express an opinion which is opposite to someone elses in the work lunch room or a restaurant or a bar or anywhere else people are having discussions face to face (which I think of as the "real" world as opposed to sitting in the comfort of my own home typing on a keyboard where my identity is somewhat obscured). It was never my intention to suggest that one side was less or more important than the other.
    Last edited by WKMB55; 12-17-2017 at 05:37 PM.