Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Memoir

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Can't wait to read Joe's book....I love rock autobios. I enjoy reading more about guitarists than egotistic lead singers. Which is why I prefer Joe Perry's book over Steven Tyler's. Us guitarists have to band together and not let those frontmen steal our thunder.

I'm looking forward to reading Joe's book. Its going to be very interesting. I'm surprised some stuff he does remembered.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I will definitely be getting it! Can't wait!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I can't wait to read it too!!! I love when any of my favorite musicians, actors, and writers/directors do.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm sure that Joe's book will be great, and I can't wait to read it!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I think Joe doing a book is interesting.

I DO worry though about him not remembering things and not mentioning them OR revising them to the best of his recollection as opposed to what really took place. That's one thing about Don Felder - he remembered everything (regardless if he revised things, it was done under his control). But Joe has had trouble with drugs and alcohol and I just hope we get a truthful story. Regardless as a Joe diehard, it will be awesome to read.

It's sad we never saw Glenn do a book. And I probably wouldn't have agreed with him on certain things (DF's firing) but it would have been great to hear his side of the events and not just that but his life story.

I sure hope Henley follows suit and I would love to read his book. Again, I may not agree with everything (especially regarding DF as mentioned above) but it's still good to get the other side of the story as well as his life story and certainly about his solo career.

And of course, I would love a book from TBS, RM, or BL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    That's one thing about Don Felder - he remembered everything
    There's no way you can know that WalshFan88. Even so, judging from his interviews, he only has a handful of oft repeated anecdotes to remember.

I think Glenn and Don came across as convincing during The History Of The Eagles documentary, particularly in the part about Felder's exit and Walsh was certainly not a drug addled air brain..... well, not in the interviews anyway.

At Joe's lowest ebb, touring Down Under with The Party Boys, shortly before his moment of clarity, that began his climb to recovery, his band mates said, off stage they'd spend all their time drinking and listening to Joe's wonderful stories about his rock'n'roll life. As a songwriter, Joe will be adept at verbalizing his life experiences.

I think there's a great book in just the Walsh anecdotes I've heard/read

Stuck on the Border

Even if it's just a book of anecdotes and personal philosophy, it should be a good read. Joe has people around him, like Smokey, who may help jog his memory.

Felder's co-writer says she used Marc Eliot's book when Don's memory failed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    There's no way you can know that WalshFan88. Even so, judging from his interviews, he only has a handful of oft repeated anecdotes to remember.
    I'll say it again. I think Don has more ability to remember events than Joe is, he wasn't as strung out. I'm not saying Joe is completely an air brain. Now Felder may have intentionally changed things or left things out, but the fact is I'd bet hundreds of dollars his memory is better than Walsh's any day of the week.

I'm leaving the whole Glenn/Don vs DF thing alone. Most people here know what side I'm on.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

You can say it 100 times WalshFan88, it doesn't make you any more right!

Joe's weighed in on the Led Zep, Stairway To Heaven plagiarism verdict.

Led Zeppelin Trial Reactions: Joe Walsh, Robert Plant and More
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-z...rial-reaction/

There's a recording of Joe playing the intro arpeggio of Stairway To Heaven (Not Taurus) as part of a live intro to Turn To Stone just a few months after it was released. Shows he could recognise classic rock when he heard it.