Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe on Grammy Salute to The Beatles Feb. 9, 2014

Default Re: Joe on Grammy Salute to The Beatles Feb. 9, 2014

I've never seen Joe's twitter feed go so crazy before. I just saw this statistic:

"3,619,548 people could have seen 'Joe Walsh' since its 1st mention until it became a Trending Topic."

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

yes he is

The whole show was fantastic.

I loved Imagine Dragon and their Revolution

it was all just too fantastic.

The parallels are amazing. George/Joe Ringo/Don

Maybe in a few years they will be doing an Eagles tribute

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    OMG Joe's performance on While My Guitar Gently Weeps took my breath away!!!! He is a flat out guitar GOD.
    IMO One of the best performance of the night. Yes he is. I loved his guitar solo in Something too, but its something about While My Guitar Gently Weeps that just made Joe shine more. This was the best song to show Joe's mean guitar skills.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh my gosh - it didn't record! Hopefully this shows up on YouTube. So upset!

OH NO

I hope you find it. It was fantastic

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - If there is frenzied excitement in social media about Joe's performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, it is no wonder -he was absolutely incredible. He did great on Something as well. As a big Beatles fan, I really enjoyed the entire show, but, of course, Joe was the highlight for me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - If there is frenzied excitement in social media about Joe's performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, it is no wonder -he was absolutely incredible. He did great on Something as well. As a big Beatles fan, I really enjoyed the entire show, but, of course, Joe was the highlight for me.
    Me too, IABAD. Other than Paul and Ringo performing, Joe was the highlight of the show.

I don't know how old Gary Clark Jr is, but when a 66 year old out plays you, you just sit back and let him. Let the master work.

Its cool that Joe is trending on Twitter. Joe probably made new fans again tonight.

It was good to see Peter Frampton too. He did some great solos when they doing Ringo segment. A friend of mines was at the taping and she was telling me on Facebook that she was telling her son that that old guy sure knows how to play the guitar! She didn't realize it was Peter. LOL

I was pissed off that Gary Clark Jr tried to "play over" Joe. It was disrespectful. He is well loved amongst new young guitarists but I never "got" him although I'm definitely in the minority there. But to try to drown him out was totally wrong. Still, Joe handled it a like a pro and kept on playing. I also thought that he really isn't that great compared to younger guys/new guys like Derek Trucks, Keith Urban, and heck, even John Mayer and I'm no Mayer fan. Although if I posted this on Facebook I'd have about 50 people off my list because all of them go gaga over Gary Clark Jr.

---

On another note, one band I would have loved to see on there was Aerosmith. Their cover of Come Together would have been killer. I've always loved that version and dare I say it's my favorite. Very rarely is that the case for me with covers.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 02-10-2014 at 12:59 AM.

I didn't know Gary Clark was outplaying Joe. I was paying more attention to Joe then him.

I really don't know who the heck this Gary Clark Jr is. You don't outplay a guitar genius who has been around longer than you, well respect and is well known. Who's trending on Twitter? I was reading more about a great job Joe did then him because who knows this guy.You should take lesson from Joe not the other way around. Who's the one of the greatest guitar players in the world. I don't think I will see him on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I didn't know Gary Clark was outplaying Joe. I was paying more attention to Joe then him.

I really don't know who the heck this Gary Clark Jr is. You don't outplay a guitar genius who has been around longer than you, well respect and is well known. Who's trending on Twitter? I was reading more about a great job Joe did then him because who knows this guy.You should take lesson from Joe not the other way around. Who's the one of the greatest guitar players in the world. I don't think I will see him on that list.
    He wasn't playing better than him, more like trying (but failing) to overshadow or be louder than Joe. He was playing over top of what Joe was doing and it wasn't cool, IMO. Maybe others didn't get that vibe but I felt it was not very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    He wasn't playing better than him, more like trying (but failing) to overshadow or be louder than Joe. He was playing over top of what Joe was doing and it wasn't cool, IMO. Maybe others didn't get that vibe but I felt it was not very cool.
    Oh ok. I guess he wanted to come out on top. Have people like him more than Joe. The television audience probably don't know who Gary Clark, but they know who Joe Walsh is. But you never know. Joe might wanted Gary to do that. To showcase Gary's talent.