Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Default Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm moving these posts to one of those threads.

Vector, I don't know how familiar you are with message boards, but it's bad form to ignore threads other people have started on a topic and instead resurrect one you started three years ago to discuss a matter.
    I must say that I do not believe I did anything inappropriate or in bad form. My posts you moved were not exclusively related to the thread you have placed them in.
    Instead they were part of my overall theme in the thread I started discussing how I went from straight up fan, to being disillusioned with all the infighting/politics/backbiting etc.

If I were to use your suggested criteria, mentioning Frey's passing in two parts of my post would require me to go look up threads about it, and post those snippets there. Then the same would be true about the Kennedy Honors aspect, and so on.
    I suspect if that were enforced/required of every post, the board would not be functional, and the moderators overwhelmed looking for various threads to insert posts that most closely matched the theme of the thread.

Additionally, the part where I pointed out how all of them being reunited could go a long way to healing the fans perception of them, would need to be put into the thread I started about being unhappy with them.

Now I could be wrong, but if I were to have had a change of heart and wanted to say my view of Frey & Henley had changed, you wouldn't object to it being a tidy ending to my thread which is mostly critical of them.
    However if my view hasn't changed, and more importantly has hardened when various things occur, I see no reason to have to parcel out individual aspects of my displeasure into various threads that may be related.

Sure if all I want to discuss is the Kennedy awards, I believe you would be correct. But I wished to discuss other things that have happened that reinforce my displeasure with some of the members and their decisions. It is the totality of it all, not the individual parts.
    I really don't see why that should be frowned upon and/or prohibited.

I suspect certain posters may not like my opinion, but that is hardly a reason
    to prevent me from discussing my viewpoint in a thread based on my various observations.
    Actually, it's bad form to resurrect such a hideously old thread in a message board regardless of content. Google it.

This thread is about the KCH, however, so if you disagree with the way I have organized the posts, you may complain at even greater length via PM.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Actually, it's bad form to resurrect such a hideously old thread in a message board regardless of content. Google it.

This thread is about the KCH, however, so if you disagree with the way I have organized the posts, you may complain at even greater length via PM.

I do tend to get long winded at times. I was just trying to respond to your reasoning in your post explaining what you did.

I think I've said it all already, so no need to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well, not only were the former Eagles not honored, they were not even acknowledged. While I figured it would be something of a miracle if their names were mentioned, I did think showing a few early pictures of the band would at least be some kind of nod, an admission that they existed.

That wasn't the case. The KCH seemed to take pains at making sure these 3 were shown as little as possible. They were cropped out of footage and pictures. There was one photo that showed the original 4; it was from the '73 Voorburg concert and the images of Glenn and Don were brightened while Randy and Bernie's were darker. There was a photo from the '74 California Jam that showed a view from behind; you can see the back of Henley's head as well as Glenn's and Bernie's. That's it. Don Felder fared worse. There was one picture of him where he's onstage at the '77 Capital Center concert with the others; it's a side view of his face. Of course, these images were shown quickly.

This was so disappointing. A person totally new to the band could see this and surmise that the early Eagles were nothing more than Frey and Henley and a couple of anonymous backing musicians. So misleading and so dishonest. This was a letdown by the KCH who I suppose were embarrassed by the petition. Or maybe they were under strict orders by Henley and Azoff to do it this way. I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Now that this is over, I am hopeful this Revisionism that's been going on for awhile will fall by the wayside, as new and younger fans come to discover this great BAND (not duo). Ok, rant over.
    I think your overall post is correct, and the part I highlighted is on the money.
    There was an clearly an effort to make it the Henley/Frey show, with Walsh & Schmit just along as glorified sidemen (which technically they are).

It is too bad Henley didn't consult with Schmit and ask him what would be the right way to handle it, as Tim obviously is a gentle soul and has a much better perspective.
    `

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Why I no longer am happy with my favorite band

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Like it's been stated before the Kennedy Center does have it's own set of rules of how to honor what they deem current members of the band and as of 2015 when they were chosen the current members were Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timothy. As for the ceremony it's self I loved it and it was such a nice tribute to the band from other great artists that I'm also a fan of. Really the band isn't supposed to be involved with how they are honored as it's all supposed to be done by the Kennedy Center, which is a government organization. Plus the ribbons/medallions have been the same since this honor was started almost 40 years ago. It's a huge honor and the top award someone in the performing arts can receive in the US besides the President giving someone a Medal of Freedom (which can go to any civilian). I wish Randy, Bernie, and Don Felder were given more credit but it wasn't our call and I don't like seeing people disrespect something that is a honor to receive in my country.
    Agreed.

This honour has nothing to do with how the band will be remembered.

Constantly complaining about 'displeasure' now that Frey is gone seems pointless to me.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh my, that's terrible. I thought at least the contributions of the other members - what did you call them? The Three Who Must Not Be Named - would be acknowledged. Very unfortunate.

I too hope this attempt to rewrite history is not a sign of things to come.
    They will never be able to rewrite the band history and exclude any of the Eagles like the three were excluded from KC. It was ludicrous. the band took off with Randy, Bernie and Don F in it!

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I have no rage towards Felder. I pity him, really. His pathetic attempts at making himself relevant again warrant it. I'm sure I'll be just fine without further conversation with you.
    He doesn't have to make himself relevant he has a busy schedule of performances around the country he recently returned from performances in Japan. He'll be beginning a few weeks residence shows in Vegas in a few days.

He was honored by the Musicians hall of fame in Nashville a few months ago, and is being honored by the State of Florida hall of Fame in his hometown of Gainsville in February. The guitar work done by he and Joe on HC is always appearing in top lists of iconic guitar work. He plans to release another CD in 2017.

He is complimentary always of the work that Glenn and Don did. The foolish rift between the band is long overdue for forgiveness or at least for forgetting. The snub by the KC and Don and Irving was in the worst taste imaginable.

I don't see anything wrong with him expressing an opinion concerning the band or events surrounding the band.

He is he the only Eagle who is vey informative with fans and responds personally to questions, messages etc. he's played with a number of musicians, so it appears he enjoys collaborating and other musicians enjoy collaborating with him. He does many benefit shows and as he recently said, I'm at a point where I don't have to work, but I love and enjoy making music.

I disagree with the way Glenn handled some situations and some people, and to a degree Don H and Irving, but I love the Eagles, I love Glenn and Don"s music and I respect each member for what they contributed. I couldn't be an Eagles fan and be hating on any of the members. I find it odd how there are a few people on here who just go off on Don Felder still 16 years after he was out of the band-- and they do it in a vicious way. Kinda sad to Get so wound up and spew.

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    What she said ...

Love Glenn and Don, Timothy and Joe, but also Bernie, Don F and Randy. And can appreciate their contributions without getting into every snide aside ever reported.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2016...-band-for.html
    Or perhaps I should rephrase that part ...

Love Glenn and Don, Timothy and Joe, but also the other three fellas.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/

Talking Re: Former Eagles will not be honored by the Kennedy Center later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    He doesn't have to make himself relevant he has a busy schedule of performances around the country he recently returned from performances in Japan. He'll be beginning a few weeks residence shows in Vegas in a few days.

He was honored by the Musicians hall of fame in Nashville a few months ago, and is being honored by the State of Florida hall of Fame in his hometown of Gainsville in February. The guitar work done by he and Joe on HC is always appearing in top lists of iconic guitar work. He plans to release another CD in 2017.

He is complimentary always of the work that Glenn and Don did. The foolish rift between the band is long overdue for forgiveness or at least for forgetting. The snub by the KC and Don and Irving was in the worst taste imaginable.

I don't see anything wrong with him expressing an opinion concerning the band or events surrounding the band.

He is he the only Eagle who is vey informative with fans and responds personally to questions, messages etc. he's played with a number of musicians, so it appears he enjoys collaborating and other musicians enjoy collaborating with him. He does many benefit shows and as he recently said, I'm at a point where I don't have to work, but I love and enjoy making music.

I disagree with the way Glenn handled some situations and some people, and to a degree Don H and Irving, but I love the Eagles, I love Glenn and Don"s music and I respect each member for what they contributed. I couldn't be an Eagles fan and be hating on any of the members. I find it odd how there are a few people on here who just go off on Don Felder still 16 years after he was out of the band-- and they do it in a vicious way. Kinda sad to Get so wound up and spew.
    Well said, but some people like the self adulation "echo chamber"
    `

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Oh well. I guess I'm sad then. Don't know exactly why you quote something I said almost 3 months ago. Kinda sad to keep harping on the same subject.

Stuck on the Border

....I find it odd how there are a few people on here who just go off on Don Felder still 16 years after he was out of the band-- and they do it in a vicious way. Kinda sad to Get so wound up and spew.
    This has been explained several times. I don't think there's anyone in this forum who wakes up and goes, "(yawn) Now, what could I write about Don Felder today that is as negative as possible." That stuff tends to come up when Don says something that triggers it in a recent interview. Yes, he was fired years ago, but whether he is in the Eagles or not has nothing to do with it.

I promised not to bring it up here every time something irritates me in a Felder interview, but I have every right to feel irritated when I do. Another internet forum member is not going to determine how I should feel about things. This is a general comment, not aimed at you specifically.
    Last edited by chaim; 01-05-2017 at 11:16 AM.