Page 1 of 303 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

I thought I'd start this thread for those moments in everyday life when we are suddenly reminded of our heroes.

It came to me today when I was throwing away our television paper and I noticed the headline - "Hopeless romantic"

I regularly call into a small shop on Glen Road on the way home from work, and just up from there is Eagle Road!
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 05-30-2016 at 10:24 PM.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

How nice Yesterday evening I was looking at the property supplement of one of our dailies when I came across the sale of a (Large) house addressed Eagle Lodge. What fun! I'd love a few Eagles (One in particular) to 'Lodge' in my home . Then further down the page was another lovely home addressed in 'Glenview Park' Now anywhere I could get a view of Glenn would just suit me fine to live.....

Like the thread GEF.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I wore my 'Property of (Philadelphia) Eagles' T-shirt yesterday. Does that count?

Stuck on the Border

Peter goes to Marquette University in Milwaukee, and their team name is The Golden Eagles -so we have that on our clothes, our cars, etc.

We have a gentleman in our neighborhood whose first name is Glendon.

We have a "club" (not THAT kind of club ) that's called "Eagles" so I always think of that when I go by Also, there are a couple buildings downtown that belong to someone with the last name Meisner so it's "Meisner ______." I can't remember what the business' are called. lol

The mascot of The University of North Texas (which is located in Denton, Texas) is the Eagle. Don Henley went there. My mom teaches accounting at Texas Women's University which is also in Denton.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all - great topic, GEF. There are so many things, for example, riding down the interstate yesterday, and seeing a van with the name Eagles on it. However, when something like that happens, I have to grip the steering wheel real tight to maintain control of my vehicle.

One thing I remember specifically, is when I worked at my previous job, our office was located in a building owned by a company named Eagle Construction. Even though, my job was not very fun, I did enjoy driving up each day and seeing that lovely Eagle's sign on the front of the building. The only thing missing was a picture. Heck, if they had put a picture up of our guys, I may not have quit that job.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Great stories everyone.

I check the emails from my boss regulary and last week I noticed he got several emails from a coworker with the forename Glenn. Ummmm... I need to find out who that guy is and what he looks like.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Great stories everyone.

I check the emails from my boss regulary and last week I noticed he got several emails from a coworker with the forename Glenn. Ummmm... I need to find out who that guy is and what he looks like.
    Hey EF, you bet you do! We stopped for tea this evening at the 'Glenroyal' hotel.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

PLS and I had a few moments that reminded us of the Eagles in the last few days.

At the Concord venue where we saw Stevie Nicks, one of the refreshment stands was called "Sunset Grill." Of course I went there and got a hamburger - which was absolutely revolting - but oh well, I did it for Don, lol.

We also went to the John Steinbeck museum in Salinas and at one point we saw a clip from the film version of Grapes of Wrath where Tom Joad says, "I'll be around 'til hell freezes over!"

In Steinbeck's Cannery Row, the character of Mack says "You just sit there and take it easy."

In the bookstore for that museum, we saw a book entitled The Story of Pebble Beach. I quickly thumbed through it but no mention of Glenn. At first I was bummed, but then I realized that him not being in it saved me the cost of buying it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten