Page 297 of 301 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I know that he was more careful than the others and quit but he was one of the more bold eagles. In terms of personality I think he would. I doubt Both dons would and neither would randy. I feel like either Glenn or Bernie would the type of guy to do it
    Actually, I think Glenn or either of the Dons could have made that phone call. They were the alpha males who wouldn’t hesitate going straight to the top, IMO. I wouldn’t rule out Joe either.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, the whole story smells funny, honestly. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the mistake was that he remembered the band wrong - that it was a member of Jefferson Starship or something! lol
    Right! My first thought after reading that story was that it sounded like bull! How can anybody who was such admitted dopehead be believed to be able to keep his stories straight, anyway?
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Right! My first thought after reading that story was that it sounded like bull! How can anybody who was such admitted dopehead be believed to be able to keep his stories straight, anyway?
    Perhaps he kept a journal.

To be fair, Glenn and Don H were also “admitted dopeheads,” yet no one ever seems to question their accounts of what happened back then.

I recently read the book,”You’ll Never Make Love in This Town Again” so my perspective is a little jaded and jolted right now.

Stuck on the Border

Who did the photographs for the RS "Hell Is for Heroes" profile (that's the 1979 Charles M Young piece)? It sounded like Young did plenty of late night partying with Don and Glenn while he was researching, so maybe he supplied the phone number. It could even have been a prank call that was close enough to the truth for Wenner to believe it.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Crystal meth didn't get going until the 80s, after the government cracked down on injected meth (source)
    I think injectable meth was called crystal meth as far back as the 1960s. Some people thought that Tommy James wrote his 1969 hit "Crystal Blue Persuasion" about his experiences with crystal meth, but he denies it.

https://www.crystalmethaddiction.org...ystal_Meth.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I think injectable meth was called crystal meth as far back as the 1960s. Some people thought that Tommy James wrote his 1969 hit "Crystal Blue Persuasion" about his experiences with crystal meth, but he denies it.

https://www.crystalmethaddiction.org...ystal_Meth.htm
    Love CBP talk about a blast from the past ... Tommy James and the Shondells

Thanks for the link!

I am confused about meth and the different versions but found this info kinda helpful in terms of the timeline.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../etc/cron.html

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Who did the photographs for the RS "Hell Is for Heroes" profile (that's the 1979 Charles M Young piece)? It sounded like Young did plenty of late night partying with Don and Glenn while he was researching, so maybe he supplied the phone number. It could even have been a prank call that was close enough to the truth for Wenner to believe it.
    The credits in the RS Special Edition lists Norman Seeff as the photog who took the LR line-up pic, dated 1979 and featured in the “Hell is for Heroes” article. He also took the cover photo showing the LR line-up.

At least Glenn comes out looking not too bad in the "Make Love" book, as I recall. I read that years ago. It was in our local library. LOL. Maybe I need to find it again.

As for the infamous phone call, a prank call is a distinct possibility. Which, if true, means it might have been an Eagle, and might not have been. If it was a prank call, I can see Glenn thinking that would be absolutely hilarious, and my money is on him, any day -- as a joke. I can almost hear the conversation planning it, now. These were the days before caller ID, and it was a lot harder to get caught. If it was a real call to the top, my bet is DH. I figure Glenn would have just kicked her out and called his dealer, and Joe would have called his dealer. But Don, now... Yeah, I can definitely see him calling Jann to yell at him.

At this point, however, it's all entertaining speculation. No one's gonna cop to it at this late date. LOL.

Stuck on the Border

Agree Pippin. I could see Don calling and bitching. Remember those famous letters he has been known to send off when angered over something.

I don't think it was Bernie as he was no longer doing drugs by 1975 and it sounded like the time period was after he had left the band. I also could never see Randy doing that, totally out of character for him. Don H. struck me more as the one as he was the one who hung out with Charles Young for the "Hell Is For Heroes" RS interview.

Yeah, Henley and toilet-paper-gate ... lol