Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

The thing is I don’t think there is any concrete evidence for us to positively conclude that it was Bernie who came up with the opening riffs for all of those songs. I’m not saying he did or he didn’t - I'm just saying we don’t know for sure. Just because Bernie played those riffs doesn’t necessarily mean he came up with them. While I agree that everyone is free to assume and believe whatever they wish, to me there isn't enough information available to declare it as fact.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Take It Easy is probably one of Bernie's finest moments, that opening riff is legendary...and don't get me started on the guitar solo, probably one of the most recognizable guitar solos in rock n roll. Sadly, if you asked the common music fan who wrote it they'd tell you it was Joe Walsh
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Bernie Leadon is my favourite ex.
    Silvia

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But are we talking about the acoustic or electric riffs? At least for Tequila Sunrise & Lyin' Eyes, which Glenn co-wrote, those songs begin with acoustic strumming before the electric guitar kicks in. The same is true for Best Of My Love and Peaceful Easy Feeling. The truth is I wouldn't know so I would guess you are right.
    Lyin' Eyes does start with Bernie's brilliant electric guitar theme above Glenn's (and Don Felder's) acoustic strumming. Tequila Sunrise starts with Glenn's acoustic, but Bernie's electric comes in before the first chord chance, unless my memory fails me! (Also another acoustic, by Bernie I suppose, comes in.) In Best Of My Love Bernie's pedal steel comes in during the intro; in pretty much the same way as in Tequila Sunrise. There's also some electric lead work in the Peaceful Easy Feeling intro, but it's not as noticable as the Lyin' Eyes intro. I think these are the bits Scarlet Sun is talking about.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

I've gotta go with Mr. Meisner on this one...
    It all goes back to a little 10-year old Grey, a Stevie Nicks-twirling-twerp who was really getting into rock & roll back in 1982...every time the song "Never Been in Love" came on the radio, to quote Ms. Nicks, everything stopped!!
    I will always adore that song...and now I have the entire album...plus some more of Randy's wonderful songs on the old Eagles' albums
    Last edited by Grey Sadler; 11-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.

I really don't remember Randy or Bernie that well so I'd have to say Don Felder...I was quite shocked and disappointed when I heard he was out of the group...

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

well...I think Randy was just a sweet guy.
    soft spoken type.
    Bernie...well he did alot for country rock sound..sorta the father of it I think JMO
    while I respect felder for writing my fave song Hotel calif, i lost alot of it when he did the throw them under the bus of DH and GF in his book....
    thats jmo folks

oh you're right about Felder...thus my very mixed feelings about him....

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

bren...I think everyone has mixed feelings about that dude.
    I mean JMO you can be a genius and be a "jerk" or you can be dumb as a bag of hammers but be as sweet as pie.
    I think he thought he was doing the right thing by writing the book and telling his side of things and believe it or not, DH and GF took the high road and didnt air their dirty laundry.
    but if I started to rant ...or write a book...that would be a wholenother thread.
    I think we can agree that Felder brings a lot of mixed feelings to most eagles fans. thee is no middle road with him your either on one side of the fence or the other..

BERNIE LEADON
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.