Page 54 of 140 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Johnny - Good Luck and best wishes ! The land of the Beatles !

UTW - Interesting as all college degrees here are at least four years. Engineering and Pharmacy are five year degrees. At least at the colleges I know of. I went to Rutgers and both of those majors are five years. I do not think a three year degree exists here. However, you can go summers and graduate early in three years. I had some friends who did this and than went on to grad school or law school.

Rudie - Good Luck ! I am sure everything will work out. UCB is such a great school. You should feel proud just for being accepted. I am sure a degree from there will go far as you enter the job market after you graduate. Schools like UCB look great on the resume and most certainly get you through the door in a job search.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

In Ireland most degree courses are 3 or 4 years long. I did an honours Science degree which was 4 years. But many people in Arts disciplines did 3 year degrees. They work you hard though!! I remember a friend if my sisters did a 3 year honours degree in Ireland. She wanted to transfer to a Masters programme in the USA but was told that with a 3 year degree she 'wouldn't be up for it'. They insisted she did a one year conversion course to get her 'up to standard'. The work she had to do on the conversion course was work she had already done to a higher level in her primary degree!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Scotland has had four year degrees for as long as I can remember, but that's because scottish students spend a year less in high school. However some courses will allow students from England or Wales to go straight into the second year if they have suitable A-levels.

I did a three year science degree and we were worked pretty hard compared to the arts students that I knew.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thing with science though is that practicals count towards the end of year exam results so we could go into each exam with up to 40% done, whereas our Arts equivalents had to do 100 % of their course assessment as exams!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Hope everyone is doing well. Been far too long since I posted or read in here. So I won't pretend to know what I've missed but well wishes to all and hope all is well.

Things are ok here. Had some various small worries lately but I'd like to think I'm getting towards the end with that. My health is about as stable as it's ever been, and I'm doing pretty good all in all. So I can't, shouldn't, and won't complain.

I leave for Current River on Thursday, I love small trips like that, nothing fancy but enough to restore my sanity. I love floating and boating on the river.

Thank you, NKIT. I'm in the acceptance and hope stage of grief over the stress. Reading the Facebook group page for the transfers on my news feed makes me feel better because they're freaking out more than me or have more concerns and questions. I don't know what to worry about yet other than the unknown.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm kind of behind here too, but hope everyone is doing well.

Austin, have fun floating! I would love to do that again sometime. Shoot, it's probably been 20 years since I've been! Hmmmm

Rudi, best of luck to you! I'm sure you'll do fine!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Got a job interview today at my Universities Book Store.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Good luck, trav!

Austin, that river trip sounds wonderful. Will you be camping as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Good luck, trav!

Austin, that river trip sounds wonderful. Will you be camping as well?
    No, my grandma and stepgrandpa have a cabin on the river! Good thing as I'm not one for sleeping in a tent.