Page 124 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1443

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    What??? A world tour in 2019? Seriously? When and where did they announce this?
    https://www.eagles.com/

I put up a thread elsewhere.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Thanks for reposting this CAinOH. As I said before, this image says it all for me. I guess I was hoping against hope that they would call it quits after this year, but I knew in my heart that they probably wouldn't. Oh well, one day this too shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Because the "Eagles" have just announced a world tour for 2019, and because this was lost in the crash and update of the site, I feel compelled to post this again this morning:

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for reposting that. I too thought their vocal deterioration might make them reconsider but I should have known that as long as people are willing to pay to see them, they will continue. Glenn's absence continues to be a non issue for them when it comes to making the decision, of course.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The fact this is still going on is just so wrong... Hang it up guys - have some dignity left for pete's sake.

Stuck on the Border

Soda - You are so right. As long as they can keep selling out and making money they will keep going. If you look at their FB Pages, fans in Europe have been demanding they do an overseas tour since the Classic concerts.

Austin - Amen !

Border Desperado

I am surprised that any of the music groups with 70 year old front men/women are still touring. They all suffer from various degrees of vocal deterioration. As a friend of mine half jokingly said the other day....with all of the loud music we listened to back then and the fact that we are mid-60's or older, our hearing has deteriorated too so maybe they don't sing as well but we don't hear as well either.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I am surprised that any of the music groups with 70 year old front men/women are still touring. They all suffer from various degrees of vocal deterioration. As a friend of mine half jokingly said the other day....with all of the loud music we listened to back then and the fact that we are mid-60's or older, our hearing has deteriorated too so maybe they don't sing as well but we don't hear as well either.
    I don't think, at this point, most people even care what they sound like. They just want to "go see the Eagles." It's become some sort of social thing now, some sort of "event." Most don't know what Glenn's son sounds like but that's not important - it's nice that he's there anyway; most probably don't know what to make of Vince Gill but in the end, they don't care. They want their Eagles show, and the message is loud and clear: "We don't need Glenn Frey to have an Eagles show."

Well, forgive me, but I'll disagree with that until my dying day.

#NoGlennNoEagles

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

#NoGlennNoEagles

They will keep touring because "they can".

Pfft.

#NoGlennNoEagles

Here, There or Anywhere.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't think, at this point, most people even care what they sound like. They just want to "go see the Eagles." It's become some sort of social thing now, some sort of "event." Most don't know what Glenn's son sounds like but that's not important - it's nice that he's there anyway; most probably don't know what to make of Vince Gill but in the end, they don't care. They want their Eagles show, and the message is loud and clear: "We don't need Glenn Frey to have an Eagles show."

Well, forgive me, but I'll disagree with that until my dying day.

#NoGlennNoEagles
    ITA, Soda. Honestly, while I respect other's decisions, I have absolutely zero desire to see this band. I fundamentally believe that they are wrong to continue as the Eagles without Glenn and have never even been tempted in the least to even look for tickets. I miss going to shows and seeing the friends I've made over the years, but not enough to support what I consider to be a fraud. I guess some would say I have a very rigid belief system. They are probably right. lol But, I have to stand by my principles, so I'll just look for other opportunities to connect with my friends and go see a good tribute band to fill the void.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016