Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1171

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    About $600 AU.
    Thanks for the info. That is a lot. But, if you enjoyed the experience, you'll have good memories forever.

Stuck on the Border

Here's a nice review which fills you in on some stories, and has a couple of photos!

http://themusic.com.au/music/liverev...-jessica-dale/

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...08-gzh27e.html

And for the information of the Herald reviewer, Chrissie wasn't wearing a Tom Petty wig. That was her own hair. It's just not as black as it was when she was young.

Looks like there’s a new Stevie Nicks bio. This is from a recent review, a good indication of what to expect from the book.

Stevie Nicks, now 69, is often referred to as the “Queen of Rock ’n’ Roll,” with more than 40 top-50 hits to her credit, both as part of the supergroup Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist. But according to “Gold Dust Woman” (St. Martin’s Press, out Nov. 21) — a new biography by Stephen Davis — she did it all despite Buckingham’s bullying and abuse.

”Lindsey Buckingham’s abuse of Stevie Nicks detailed in new book” The New York Post, Nov. 11, 2017
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-19-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Delilah-Thanks for the link. It looks very interesting to say the least.

I think it’s more than fair to point out that this is taking a huge pro Stevie Nicks stance. There’s two sides to that story, though some of the things mentioned about Buckingham are not good

Yeah, that’s what I meant when I posted about what to expect from the book— a lot of focus on their relationship in a tawdry kind of way, with Lindsey looking bad.
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-19-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: correct spelling error

I have no doubt that Lindsey could be an @ss. That said, I don't know if he was evil, either. Maybe, I don't know. But maybe I just like to think the best in things.

I have a hard time sometimes with bios. I much prefer autobios. You can still be dealing the whole two sides to every story (just look at Heaven and Hell for that), but at least they know what they are talking about and were actually there. lol

I probably will pass on it. Not because of this but just because I find bios to be a mixed bag and there are a lot out there with incorrect information and biased to one member of a band, etc. I'm more interested in Stevie's story by her account.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

There's nothing new there - all overblown, dramatized reframing of stuff that's been said before. The only stuff that's truly disturbing - Lindsey going off on Stevie physically - the kicking incident of 1980, and the choking incident of 1987 - those are old news to hardcores.

And while I'm not justifying it, in the 1987 fight, Stevie attacked Lindsey first. She came at him and started beating on him and instead of acting like a man should - grabbing her wrists and pushing her away - he retaliated and then some. Once he had overpowered her, he should have stopped. Instead, he started to choke her!

Messed up stuff, but all in the past now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    There's nothing new there - all overblown, dramatized reframing of stuff that's been said before. The only stuff that's truly disturbing - Lindsey going off on Stevie physically - the kicking incident of 1980, and the choking incident of 1987 - those are old news to hardcores.

And while I'm not justifying it, in the 1987 fight, Stevie attacked Lindsey first. She came at him and started beating on him and instead of acting like a man should - grabbing her wrists and pushing her away - he retaliated and then some. Once he had overpowered her, he should have stopped. Instead, he started to choke her!

Messed up stuff, but all in the past now.
    Didn't know about that choking incident Soda. Wow. That is messed up.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

This blurb about Stevie’s book reveals a bit more about her relationship with Joe Walsh, mixed with seemingly old news and quotes from a Daily Mail interview.

Nick went on to say, “We were probably the perfect, complete, crazy pair. He was the one I would have married, and that I would probably have changed my life around for a little bit, anyway. Not a lot. I loved him. I really looked after him, and that’s what probably scared Joe the most. We were busy superstars and we were doing way too much drugs. We were really, seriously drug addicts. We were a couple on the way to hell.” In 1986 Walsh called her from Australia and told her not to contact him again.
    She also says she had some off performances prior to working with a vocal coach in 1997.

https://1063thefox.com/stevie-nicks-...ied-joe-walsh/